|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the commission question Seldon and Gaal during the trial?
2. What does Hari Seldon's tomb look like?
3. What is the name of the envoy from Anacreon?
4. How many paths are open to the future of Terminus after 50 years?
5. How much longer does Seldon tell Gaal he has to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asimov describe Gaal Dornick?
2. What are Hardin and Lee's plans for Terminus?
3. Why is Hardin concerned that Anacreon has crowned a king?
4. What does Gaal want to see the most as he travels to and around Trantor?
5. How did Dr. Seldon use Gaal to further his plans?
6. What does the treaty between Anacreon and the Empire mean for Terminus?
7. Why is Terminus of interest to the planet Anacrea?
8. What does Seldon mean when he tells the Emperor that if they execute him, the end of the Empire will come in 50 years, not 300?
9. What does the image of Hari Seldon tell the board was the true purpose of the Encyclopedia?
10. What does Seldon tell the commission when they ask him if there is any way to change the outcome of his prediction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Asimov uses tone to change and enhance the pace of the narrative path of the story.
Essay Topic 2
What are the political ramifications of blurring the lines between religion and ideology? Discuss the layers to the theme of religion in the novel, from creation to missionaries to apathy.
Essay Topic 3
How was Hober Mallow the intellectual action hero of the novel? Compare him to other literary heroes.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)