|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniforms do the members of the commission wear?
2. How many mathematicians does Seldon have working on his project?
3. How much time does the Foundation have before Anacreon arrives on Terminus?
4. What does Anacreon propose to give to Terminus?
5. What is the percentage that the trial will end well for the Seldon Project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hardin and Lee's plans for Terminus?
2. Why is Terminus of interest to the planet Anacrea?
3. What is the solution to the dilemma faced by Terminus at the fifty year point?
4. How does Hari Seldon calculate that a disaster will befall the Empire in 300 years?
5. Why is Hardin concerned that Anacreon has crowned a king?
6. What is Gaal shocked to learn at the end of the first chapter?
7. What reason does Gaal's lawyer give him for not being able to have a hearing with the Emperor?
8. What does Fara point out to Hardin about psychology?
9. What does the image of Hari Seldon tell the board was the true purpose of the Encyclopedia?
10. What is Seldon's punishment from the Emperor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the decline of the Empire and how Seldon was able to predict its demise. How does the character Lord Dorwin personify the loss of virtue that seemed to be at the heart of the Empire's decline?
Essay Topic 2
If the religion provided by the Foundation is based on false belief in the mysticism of what is actually science, then what statement is the novel making about religion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Asimov uses tone to change and enhance the pace of the narrative path of the story.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)