|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Seldon and Gaal offered as they meet with the commission at the close of the trial?
2. What is the solution to the first crisis on Terminus?
(a) Atomic power.
3. How many years into the future can Seldon predict?
4. How many years have passed when the Encyclopedists chapter opens?
5. What does Hardin smoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gaal Dornick from?
2. What will open on Terminus' 50th anniversary?
3. Where does Seldon predict that another scientific refuge will be set up?
4. What is the name of the hotel that Gaal stays in when he arrives in Trantor?
5. Who informs Gaal that he is under detention from the government of Trantor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gaal want to see the most as he travels to and around Trantor?
2. What reason does Gaal's lawyer give him for not being able to have a hearing with the Emperor?
3. What sort of things does the commission question Gaal about when he is first put into detention?
4. Why is Hardin concerned that Anacreon has crowned a king?
5. What is Lord Dorwin's purpose for visiting Terminus?
6. What does Hardin's analysis of the conversations he secretly taped with Lord Dorwin show?
7. What does Seldon tell the commission when they ask him if there is any way to change the outcome of his prediction?
8. What are Hardin and Lee's plans for Terminus?
9. What unsettling experience does Gaal have as he travels up to the observation tower in Trantor?
10. Why is Terminus of interest to the planet Anacrea?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)