|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To change the course of destruction on Trantor, there must be an equal amount of ________ from an opposing force.
2. Seldon tells Gaal that the man he met at the tower was from what?
(a) Secret Police.
(b) Office of Public Laws.
(c) Govenor's Office.
(d) Commission of Public Safety.
3. How many members are there on the Foundation's Board of Trustees?
4. What color uniforms do the members of the commission wear?
(a) Royal blue.
(c) Scarlet and gold.
5. What has the Empire given to Anacreon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mathematicians does Seldon have working on his project?
2. The commission accuses Seldon of forming a what?
3. What are Seldon and Gaal offered as they meet with the commission at the close of the trial?
4. What happened to Hari Seldon after coming to Terminus?
5. What does Lord Dorwin promise the Foundation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the 50th anniversary of Terminus?
2. What does Seldon mean when he tells the Emperor that if they execute him, the end of the Empire will come in 50 years, not 300?
3. What does Hardin tell Pirenne is Terminus' interest beyond the Encyclopedia?
4. What are Hardin and Lee's plans for Terminus?
5. What does the image of Hari Seldon tell the board was the true purpose of the Encyclopedia?
6. What unsettling experience does Gaal have as he travels up to the observation tower in Trantor?
7. What is Gaal shocked to learn at the end of the first chapter?
8. What does the treaty between Anacreon and the Empire mean for Terminus?
9. What does Hardin's analysis of the conversations he secretly taped with Lord Dorwin show?
10. What is Lord Dorwin's purpose for visiting Terminus?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)