• Gaal Dornick is a mathematician heading to the planet Trantor to work on the Seldon Project.
• He is an unsophisticated country boy.
• In Trantor, Gaal stays at the Luxor hotel. At the hotel, he takes a ride to the observation tower where all he can see are metal towers in all directions.
• When he gets back to his room, Hari Seldon is waiting for him.
• Seldon is a psychohistorian who has predicted that disaster will destroy the empire in 300 years.
• He has an elaborate formula that he uses to make this prediction.
• Gaal does not get to start work on the Seldon Project because he is put into detention by the commission on public safety.
• Seldon hires a lawyer for Gaal, and from him Gaal learns that the Empire can hear all conversations.
• Gaal and Seldon are put on trial for treason and sentenced to exile...
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)