|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of the day will Seldon appear?
2. What is the new name of Trantor when the four arrive there?
3. Pritcher assures Bayta and Toran that the Mule knows they seek what?
4. What happens to the device under Pritcher's tongue?
5. The clown says that the Mule has what color hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Randu, as the committee chairman, feel a sense of dread?
2. What is the reason given for the lack of trust between the trading planets and the Foundation?
3. What happened during the "bloody Sack?"
4. What does Randu suggest that Mis do in order to help defeat the Mule?
5. What does Toran say when Pritcher asks him why he is protecting the clown?
6. What does Mis tell Indbur about the results of the probe used on Magnifico?
7. Why does MIs say that Randu feels better at night?
8. Why is the rest of Seldon's message lost?
9. Where do visitors to Kalgan live?
10. What news do Toran, Bayta, and Magnifico hear as they are leaving Kalgan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from this book, why are appearances sometimes deceiving?
Essay Topic 2
How has the evolution of Trantor/Neotrantor matched the evolution of the various characters in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Mule hide himself in plain sight? What actions does the Mule take in order to keep people from knowing he is the Mule. How does his disguise fall apart? What does this mean for the Mule's future in Seldon's Plan? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)