|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many worlds remain in the Galactic Empire when Toran, Bayta, Mis, and the clown reach Trantor?
2. Senter tells the four that the grounds of the university are what?
3. Mis pushes aside what, in order to sit on Indbur's desk?
4. The Mule has a technological gadget at his disposal that does what?
5. What is Ebling Mis' occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Magnifico suggest as the reason that Pritcher was on board the Filian ship?
2. What is the Time Capsule?
3. What does Indbur say when Mis tells him that the next appearance of Seldon will be in four months?
4. What news do Toran, Bayta, and Magnifico hear as they are leaving Kalgan?
5. Where do visitors to Kalgan live?
6. Why does MIs say that Randu feels better at night?
7. What is the economy of Trantor based on when the four land and meet Senter?
8. What is the reason given for the lack of trust between the trading planets and the Foundation?
9. What does Mis tell Indbur about the results of the probe used on Magnifico?
10. What happened during the "bloody Sack?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of emotions in the book? How are emotions controlled and explained? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Bayta says that there are too many coincidences that have occurred in their travels. What are some of the coincidences that have occurred, and how have they foreshadowed future events? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Pritcher resists, but eventually converts, to the Mule's side. Why does Bayta believe it is fair for her and Toran to have the same experience? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)