|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mis gives Indbur his report on the psychic probe of the clown, how long is it until Seldon appears again?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Nine weeks.
2. When the planet begins to take fire for the Mule's people, what does Indbur do?
(a) Shouts to fight.
(b) Shouts to surrender.
(c) Runs and hides.
(d) Picks up a weapon and starts to shoot.
3. Each time the Foundation faces a crisis, who appears?
(a) Hari Seldon.
(b) Harlem Seldon.
(c) Harry Seldon.
(d) Hank Seldon.
4. The captain tries to detain Toran by having him come on board to fix what?
(a) The shields.
(b) Their space drive.
(c) The weapons.
(d) Their power plant.
5. When Bayta, Mis, Toran, and the clown have an audience with the man they believe to be the Emperor, what do they find?
(a) That he's a Foundation spy.
(b) That he's a member of the Mule's force.
(c) That he's a rambling idiot.
(d) That he's the Mule.
6. What is Ebling Mis' occupation?
7. What types of books does the clown read while they are in the library?
(a) History and westerns.
(b) Science fiction.
(c) Religion and sociology.
(d) Romance and adventure.
8. Who drives Jord Commason?
9. When Lee Senter meets the four, what does he offer them?
(a) The universal sign of the underground.
(b) The universal sign of a scholar.
(c) The universal sign of peace.
(d) The universal sign that they have been betrayed.
10. When Indbur's planet falls, who is left for the Mule to take over?
(a) The Second Foundation.
(b) The Traders.
(d) The Empire.
11. Pritcher tells Toran that the Mule isn't human, but is what?
(a) A mutant.
(b) An alien.
(c) An animal.
(d) A Plutonian.
12. Randu admits that the Traders had planned a civil war, but gave up when?
(a) When one of their kind was captured by the Empire.
(b) When Indbur took control of the Foundation.
(c) When the Mule captured some Traders.
(d) When the Mule appeared on the scene.
13. When Indbur objects to Mis' arrival because Mis doesn't have an appointment, what color uniform does Mis say the person was wearing yesterday who took his note?
14. What do Bayta and Toran trade for food while they are in the library?
(a) Services of the clown as entertainment.
(b) Gadgets from the ship.
(d) Scrap metal.
15. Where does Randu want Mis to go in order to learn more of psychology?
(a) The university library.
(b) The Second Foundation.
(c) The university archives.
(d) The university research center.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the clown described?
2. What instrument does the clown play while in Mis' home?
3. When Mis arrives at Indbur's garden to tell him about the discovery of Seldon's next visit, what is he wearing?
4. What do the four leave as hostage while they go to the university?
5. Who does Indbur declare treasonous and order to leave the planet after inviting him to view Seldon's appearance?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)