|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternative theory does Trevize present to suppose that Earth might not be radioactive?
(a) He suggests that Earth's radioactivity would have worn off by now.
(b) He suggests the story of radioactivity is to keep people from searching for Earth.
(c) He suggests that Earth may have spread the story of radioactivity to protect itself from attack.
(d) He suggests that the story of radioactivity might be covering up a dangerous weapon hidden on Earth.
2. What is the second difference Trevize notes between the planet and other planets?
(a) It is surrounded by pink clouds.
(b) It has two suns.
(c) It is covered in desert.
(d) It has an elongated orbit.
3. How do Solarians discourage visitors?
(a) They have warning vessels on a perimeter around the planet.
(b) They have no cities or buildings above ground.
(c) They have a shield that hides the planet from detection.
(d) They have a complex military defense system.
4. What does Pelorat compare Trevize's exploration of three planets to?
(a) three goddesses
(b) three wishes
(c) three monkeys
(d) three brothers
5. Who does Bander say attacked Earth?
(a) factions of Earth people living on the moon
(c) Spacers who had colonized other planets
(d) unknown aliens
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bliss disable the guard robots?
2. Whose theory do the travelers use to try to plot Earth's location?
3. What does Hiroko give Fallom?
4. Who is Fallom's companion?
5. Where does Trevize think the secret of Earth is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fallom uncomfortable on the island of New Earth?
2. What reason does Pelorat think Bliss has for taking Fallom with them?
3. What does Trevize wish he could do when he finds the Earth is radioactive?
4. What does Pelorat promise Fallom if Fallom will lead the travelers out of Bander's estate?
5. Where does Bander get power?
6. What aspects of the environment on New Earth affect the people's culture?
7. Describe Trevize and Pelorat's important discovery on Melpomenia.
8. Describe the meals on New Earth.
9. Why does Trevize think Bander explains about Solaria to the travelers?
10. How does Trevize feel about Solaria?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)