|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bliss afraid of, if she reveals the truth about Bander's death?
(a) being arrested
(b) Fallom's reaction
(c) Pelorat's reaction
(d) Trevize's reaction
2. Who does Bander say attacked Earth?
(b) Spacers who had colonized other planets
(c) unknown aliens
(d) factions of Earth people living on the moon
3. Why can't Bliss have a child with Pelorat?
(a) Bliss will not have a child with someone she loves.
(b) Pelorat cannot have children.
(c) Bliss cannot have children.
(d) Bliss can only have a child with a Gaian.
4. What begins growing on Pelorat?
5. What does Trevize tell Bliss to do with the child?
(a) send it to her room
(b) put it in hybernation
(c) kill it
(d) get it off the ship at the nearest planet
Short Answer Questions
1. What alternative theory does Trevize present to suppose that Earth might not be radioactive?
2. Why does Trevize tell Bliss that she is responsible for the child?
3. What does Hiroko confess to Trevize?
4. What does Hiroko think of Bliss' clothing?
5. For what reason does Bliss say she might harm Trevize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the travelers plan to find Earth using the locations of the fifty originally colonized worlds.
2. How does Trevize feel about Solaria?
3. Why is Bliss annoyed with Trevize for setting off the computer's alarm?
4. What makes the rays of the sun deadly on Melpomenia?
5. What is Trevize's reasoning for continuing to search for information about Earth, now that he's found the planet and sees that it's radioactive?
6. What criticism does Trevize have of the Solarian society?
7. Why is Fallom uncomfortable on the island of New Earth?
8. How does Trevize feel about Fallom?
9. What aspects of the environment on New Earth affect the people's culture?
10. What reasons does Hiroko give for having sex with Trevize?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)