|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trevize hope to find on the next planet, even if there is no life?
(b) skeletal remains
2. What does Fallom try to do with the computer?
(a) tell it to use all available data to create a theory of Earth's location
(b) tell it to take her home
(c) tell it to return to Gaia
(d) tell it to examine the radioactive planet for signs it might not be Earth
3. What leads Bliss to Fallom?
(a) She can detect Fallom's thoughts.
(b) She can detect Fallom's fear.
(c) She can detect Fallom's anger.
(d) She can detect Fallom's joy.
4. What does Trevize accidentally break off the statue?
(a) its arm
(b) its sword
(c) its leg
(d) its head
5. Who comes up with a theory on the location of Earth, based on the locations of the fifty Spacer worlds?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bander, why have records of early settlers been destroyed?
2. What begins growing on Pelorat?
3. What do the travelers think people of Solaria and New Earth are most concerned with?
4. Why does Pelorat suggest ending the mission?
5. Where does Travize ask Fallom to take them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Trevize think Bander explains about Solaria to the travelers?
2. Describe Trevize and Pelorat's important discovery on Melpomenia.
3. Why can't Fallom accompany the travelers onto the planet?
4. What is Trevize's reasoning for continuing to search for information about Earth, now that he's found the planet and sees that it's radioactive?
5. What makes the rays of the sun deadly on Melpomenia?
6. Where does Bander get power?
7. How does Trevize react when the ship's controls are taken over as they approach the moon?
8. Describe the meals on New Earth.
9. What reason does Pelorat think Bliss has for taking Fallom with them?
10. Why was Bliss able to successfully overpower Bander?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)