|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what conditions does Bliss say she will interfere?
(a) if Trevize's life is in danger
(b) if she is separated from Pelorat
(c) if they are convicted
(d) if she knows the government is corrupt
2. What does the official think will happen when Trevize lands?
(a) Trevize will put in a good word for him with the council.
(b) The ship will be confiscated by the government.
(c) Bliss will be arrested and need a favor.
(d) Trevize will award him with riches.
3. What does Trevize say that upsets the minister?
(a) Trevize mentions Earth.
(b) Trevize mentions his name.
(c) Trevize says he has feelings for Bliss.
(d) Trevize says the minister is unattractive.
4. What do the animals do when Trevize kills one of them?
(a) They eat the fallen animal.
(b) They become more aggressive, as if they want revenge.
(c) Some of them leave, but most stay.
(d) They back off but don't leave.
5. Who plans to travel with Trevize?
(a) no one
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevize think happened to the missing records?
2. What is Bliss's reaction to Trevize arming himself to disembark on the second unknown planet?
3. What does Pelorat ask Bliss as they approach the planet?
4. What does Bliss suggest happened to the planet?
5. What is the name of Trevize's space ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some differences between animal life in the galaxy as Trevize knows it and animals on Earth today?
2. Why is the Far Star important to Comporellon?
3. Why won't Bliss use her mental powers to help Trevize keep the Far Star?
4. What is Trevize's initial objection to his friend accompanying him on his search?
5. What caused Yariff's project to find Earth to fail?
6. What game does Pelorat tell Trevize about?
7. What conditions does Bliss suggest might have caused the eco-system of Aurora to break down?
8. By trying to manipulate the border official, what is Trevize prioritizing above the law of society?
9. By allowing Trevize to land, what is the border official prioritizing above the law of society?
10. Why does Trevize question the reason for a large crowd watching the spaceship take off?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)