|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trevize tell Bliss and Pelorat not to do on the ship?
(a) eat too much food
(b) bother him with minor problems
(c) talk to him
(d) have loud sex
2. Why are Trevize, Pelorat, and Bliss arrested?
(a) because they are suspected of smuggling illegal goods
(b) because Bliss has no papers
(c) because the Federation wants to seize the Far Star
(d) because Trevize lied to an official
3. Who do Trevize, Pelorat, and Bliss first meet with on Comporellon?
(a) Minister of the Interior
(b) Minister of Transporation
(c) Minister of Foreign Relations
(d) Minister of Illicit Activities
4. What happened to the first settlers, according to Deniador?
(a) They forgot their origins.
(b) They returned to Earth.
(c) They rebelled against their government.
(d) They died.
5. What is Bliss' view of breaking the law?
(a) She believes that only Gaians are above the law.
(b) She believes that the spirit, not the letter, of the law must be followed.
(c) She believes the law must be followed for the good of society.
(d) She believes the law must be challenged for progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as Trevize prepares to leave?
2. What does Trevize say when Pelorat asks him to accept Bliss?
3. What ancient document does Deniador tell Trevize about?
4. What does Trevize say would happen if news of Bliss' presence got out?
5. Why does Bliss need more sleep than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would a Gaian naturally value truth?
2. What game does Pelorat tell Trevize about?
3. When was Gaia first formed?
4. What does Trevize's willingness to lie, bribe, and bully show about his character?
5. Why does Deniador find it difficult to believe that a Spacer woman might travel with others on an ancient ship?
6. Why does Bliss think marriage is unnecessary for Gaians?
7. How does Trevize feel when he first steps off his ship onto Aurora?
8. Does Lizalor show respect for the law?
9. What conditions does Bliss suggest might have caused the eco-system of Aurora to break down?
10. Why does Pelorat want to stay on Aurora?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)