|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Trevize say he will return to have sex with the minister?
(a) when he returns to give her reports about his misison
(b) when he is finished with his mission
(c) when she promises to let him have the Far Star
2. When the ship approaches the next planet, does Bliss sense human life?
(a) No, but she believes she might be blocking any detection of humans
(b) Yes, she senses a large human settlement
(c) Yes, but she's unsure whether it's only because she wants to find humans
(d) No, she senses no human life whatsoever
3. What is Trevize's view of breaking the law?
(a) He believes the law must be followed for the good of society.
(b) He believes the law must be challenged for progress.
(c) He believes that the spirit, not the letter, of the law must be followed.
(d) He believes that only he is above the law.
4. What does Trevize hope to find in Gaia's records?
(a) a reason for Bliss's behavior
(b) references to Earth
(c) plans for a space ship
(d) a history of Gaia's origins
5. Why might Comporellon hold clues to Earth?
(a) It is further from the center of the universe than Gaia.
(b) It is mentioned in a legend about Earth.
(c) It is an older civilization than Gaia, home of some humans' ancestors.
(d) It is on a direct trajectory from Gaia to where Trevise believes Earth to be.
6. What does the government offer Trevize?
(a) a chance to leave, without his friends
(b) a different ship
(c) a chance to make bail
(d) immunity if he tells them what they want to know
7. What is the name of the official Trevize, Pelorat, and Bliss speak with?
8. What does Trevise run to for protection?
(a) a river
(b) the ship
(c) a building
(d) a tree
9. What two weapons does Trevize take onto the planet?
(a) an atomic blade and a blaster
(b) a blaster and a neuron whip
(c) an atomic blade and a laser bow
(d) a laser bow and a neuron whip
10. What type of planet is Trevize searching for?
(a) one that shows up on sensors as radioactive
(b) one that's small enough to go unnoticed
(c) one that's uninhabitable now but was once habitable
(d) one that's habitable and not on the computer's maps
11. What happened to Yariff's attempts to find Earth?
(a) He died before his attempt was complete.
(b) He disappeared, and no one knows what happened.
(c) He found Earth, but refused to disclose its location.
(d) He failed to find Earth.
12. Why do many Gaians gather for the takeoff?
(a) because multiple memories are stronger and last better
(b) to get differently-viewed angles and perceptions
(c) to each see for him- or herself
(d) to talk and discuss what they see
13. What does Trevize say he might do?
(a) leave Bliss and Pelorat behind in exchange for the Far Star
(b) pay a large reward for permission to keep the Far Star
(c) consider giving the Far Star to Comporellon after his mission
(d) have a second Far Star built or Comporellon
14. Why doesn't Bliss want to marry?
(a) She is not truly in love.
(b) She says Gaians do not need marriage.
(c) She does not want to marry someone who's not Gaian.
(d) She has feelings for someone else.
15. How old do the entry stations to the planet seem?
(a) They seem very old.
(b) They seem fairly old, but in perfect condition.
(c) They seem fairly new, but damaged.
(d) They seem very new.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as Trevize prepares to leave?
2. Does Deniador think the document is reliable?
3. What does Deniador seek before he will believe something?
4. What does Trevize tell the minister?
5. How does Trevize first try to convince the official to let him land?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)