|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Earth - The Nearby World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Monolee, what two factions warred, leaving Earth radioactive?
(a) Settlers and Galactics
(b) Settlers and Spacers
(c) Earthers and Spacers
(d) Galactics and Earthers
2. Who does Pelorat believe settled the planet?
(a) the first wave of settlers from Earth
(b) a religious organization looking to create a Garden of Eden
(c) a group of sentient robots
(d) malcontents from early Earth settlements
3. Trevize's information about Earth comes mostly from what source?
(a) a massive encyclopedia-like database
(b) myths and stories
(c) a diary passed down through many years
(d) a robot who has lived many years
4. What is Trevize's view of breaking the law?
(a) He believes that the spirit, not the letter, of the law must be followed.
(b) He believes that only he is above the law.
(c) He believes the law must be followed for the good of society.
(d) He believes the law must be challenged for progress.
5. What does Deniador seek before he will believe something?
(a) proof that it's good for him
(b) a sign from God
(c) proof that it's true
(d) an official decree
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers think people of Solaria and New Earth are most concerned with?
2. What does the government offer Trevize?
3. What does the name Aurora mean?
4. What does Trevize say empty planets like this have been used for?
5. Who does the minister send Trevize to?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)