|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Casaubon reads a story, written by Belbo during his boyhood, about what musical instrument?
2. What does Casaubon think may have caused an interruption in the Templars' relay of information?
(a) The assassination of a group member who was supposed to inform the others.
(b) A discrepancy between the English and French calendars.
(c) The separation of church and state in England.
(d) The Templars being forced underground, and having no way to communicate openly.
3. What does Diotallevi ask Belbo about Abulafia?
(a) If it could help them solve the mystery of the Sephirot.
(b) Why Belbo chose to name it that.
(c) How long it takes to perform calculations and permutations.
(d) If it could recombine the Torah.
4. How many group members are ordered into the room by the leader of the ceremony?
5. Who began an anti-Semitic campaign to draw out the Jewish Templars?
(a) The Slavic Templars.
(b) The Israeli Cabbalists.
(c) The French Rosicrucians.
(d) The German Templars.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man in the Mountain is the leader of what group?
2. What does Casaubon discover, when reading the files he prints out from Belbo's computer?
3. How is Belbo murdered?
4. Who invited Postel to leave the Templars and join another group, according to Casaubon?
5. What decisions did Lia make regarding her unborn baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Casaubon's theory about the Jesuits, who were the Rosicrucians and the Scottish Rite Freemasons?
2. Which cloaked individuals does Casaubon recognize?
3. What does Lia try to explain to Casaubon, in Chapter 63?
4. Why does Casaubon include a group not related to the Freemasons when constructing his time line?
5. How does Casaubon reinterpret the message of the parchment Ardenti discovered?
6. Casaubon believes that John Dee played what role in the disruption of the Templars' line of communication?
7. What are Casaubon's speculations about Mr. Postel, in Chapter 88?
8. What happens to Belbo, at the end of the novel?
9. Why does Casaubon enter randomly chosen lines of text, which have nothing to do with the occult, into the computer?
10. What happens in the story Belbo creates from Abulafia's printouts?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)