|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Belbo's account, John Dee is overtaken by whom?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) King Phillip.
(d) Jacques de Molay.
2. Who is the Old Man of the Mountain?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(c) Ali Mahmoudi.
3. How does Lia feel about the Plan?
(a) She begins to become interested in it, despite her initial aversion.
(b) She thinks it is absurd, and tries to get Casaubon to drop it.
(c) She is as whole-heartedly interested as Casaubon is.
(d) She refuses to discuss it with Casaubon.
4. After his initiation, Napoleon attempts to seek out a group of Templars in what country?
5. What does Casaubon discover, when reading the files he prints out from Belbo's computer?
(a) Belbo has begun to actually believe that the Plan is true.
(b) Belbo has woven the connections they discovered into a fictional account.
(c) Belbo has taken all of the credit for the work done by all three of them.
(d) Belbo knew that he was going to be murdered, and did nothing to stop it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salon's profession?
2. How many group members are ordered into the room by the leader of the ceremony?
3. What does Aglie ask Belbo to do for him?
4. Belbo thinks that Nazis were a branch of what?
5. What does Casaubon want Belbo to use Abulafia for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Casaubon enter randomly chosen lines of text, which have nothing to do with the occult, into the computer?
2. What happens to Casaubon at the end of the novel?
3. What was Napoleon's role in the Jesuit-Templar conflict?
4. What are Casaubon's speculations about Mr. Postel, in Chapter 88?
5. What does Casaubon do after the night at the Conservatoire?
6. What does Belbo say about the believability of the Plan, in Chapter 100?
7. What happens to Belbo after receiving the last piece of the Plan from Salon?
8. What does Lia try to explain to Casaubon, in Chapter 63?
9. According to Casaubon's group, what were some of the Jesuits' accomplishments?
10. What does Aglie want Belbo to transport for him?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)