|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casaubon choose to enter seemingly meaningless information into Abulafia?
(a) To throw pursuers off their trail.
(b) To test the theory that all information is truly interconnected.
(c) To see if the computer can differentiate between significant and meaningless data.
(d) To see if the computer's calculations are accurate.
2. How does Casaubon feel about the items he sees in the Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers?
(a) He suspects a dark, occult purpose for each one.
(b) He wonders if their makers were involved in occult activities.
(c) He wonders why people are so interested in old machinery.
(d) He hardly takes notice of them.
3. Who began an anti-Semitic campaign to draw out the Jewish Templars?
(a) The French Rosicrucians.
(b) The Israeli Cabbalists.
(c) The German Templars.
(d) The Slavic Templars.
4. It becomes clear in Chapter 101 that Diotallevi is dying from what?
(a) Liver failure.
(b) Kidney disease.
(c) Heart failure.
5. Where is Belbo's boyhood home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who injures Aglie during the ceremony at the Conservatoire?
2. How many group members are ordered into the room by the leader of the ceremony?
3. Belbo feels that real life is like what type of fiction?
4. Who does Aglie bring to the ceremony at the Conservatoire, sedated?
5. Who tries to restrain Casaubon's growing fervor for the occult in Chapter 63?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Casaubon's group, what were some of the Jesuits' accomplishments?
2. What was the relationship between the Templars and the Jesuits, according to Casaubon's theory?
3. What happens during the trip Belbo takes with Lorenza?
4. Casaubon believes that John Dee played what role in the disruption of the Templars' line of communication?
5. What is the final piece of information for the Plan, supplied by Salon?
6. What conclusion does Belbo reach, regarding Francis Bacon, in the Plan?
7. What does Aglie want Belbo to transport for him?
8. What does Belbo say about the believability of the Plan, in Chapter 100?
9. What do Casaubon and Lia talk about while on their family vacation?
10. What story does Casaubon's group devise from Abulafia's output?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)