|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Casaubon's relationship with Amparo end?
(a) She cuts off contact with him because she is afraid of the people that are pursuing him because of his research.
(b) She goes to stay with friends, and never returns.
(c) Amparo becomes fed up with the amount of time Casaubon spends on his research, and leaves him.
(d) Amparo is murdered.
2. What is Belbo's profession?
3. How does Casaubon meet Signor Aglie?
(a) Aglie is friends with Casaubon's girlfriend.
(b) Aglie is a coworker of Casaubon's.
(c) Aglie is introduced to Casaubon by a mutual friend.
(d) Aglie is one of Casaubon's professors.
4. Why does Casaubon move?
(a) To study abroad for his Master's degree.
(b) To escape.
(c) To be closer to his family.
(d) To live with his girlfriend.
5. What is Garamond Press?
(a) A sensational tabloid.
(b) A small vanity and academic publisher.
(c) A newspaper company.
(d) A Bible and Torah printer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following were women whom the Knights Templar were NOT allowed to kiss or make eye contact with?
2. What does Aglie say about the members of the group Casaubon is studying?
3. Casaubon and others are invited to join Aglie at an occult ritual outside of what city?
4. Lorenza claims, in Chapter 49, that Aglie gave her what item?
5. Who is Gudrun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casaubon witness at the ceremonies Aglie invited him and his group to?
2. What is the Plan?
3. How does Casaubon unlock Belbo's computer?
4. Why does Casaubon meet with Belbo and Mr. Garamond in Chapter 38?
5. What idea does Mr. Garamond get from his meeting with Professor Bramanti?
6. How did the Knights Templar become such a rich and powerful organization?
7. What is Aglie's response when Casaubon asks him why he associates himself with so many different occult practices?
8. How did the official end of the Knights Templar occur?
9. How is Signor Aglie described?
10. What changed, in Italy, during the time that Casaubon was living in Brazil?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)