|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Amparo so upset after the ritual?
(a) She feels that her nationality may be more powerful than her rationality.
(b) She is angry at Aglie for forcing her to attend it.
(c) She felt as if she had been taken advantage of during the ritual.
(d) She was unprepared for it, and now feels overwhelmed.
2. What is the name of Casaubon's Milanese neighbor?
3. What is the name of the occult book series published by Garamond Press?
(b) Project Hermes.
(d) Isis Unveiled.
4. What is Belbo's profession?
5. Who recommends the book Casaubon goes to pick up at the library?
(b) De Angelis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Amparo during the ritual she attends with Aglie?
2. In what year were the Knights Templar arrested?
3. How does Casaubon meet Signor Aglie?
4. Casaubon and others are invited to join Aglie at an occult ritual outside of what city?
5. What is the School of Comparative Irrelevance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Mr. Garamond get from his meeting with Professor Bramanti?
2. How is Signor Aglie described?
3. Why do Belbo, Diotallevi and Casaubon meet at Pilade's in Chapter 13?
4. What is Project Hermes?
5. What do Salon and Casaubon discuss during their first reunion in the mine?
6. What were the origins of the Knights Templar?
7. Who is Casaubon?
8. What happens at the religious ceremony to which Aglie invites Casaubon and Amparo?
9. What information does Colonel Ardenti relay to Casaubon and Belbo?
10. What offer does Casaubon receive from Belbo in Chapter 37?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)