|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aglie tell Casaubon about himself?
(a) He is ageless, and has seen many things.
(b) He believes he has been reincarnated many times.
(c) He can trace his bloodline, unbroken, back to the first group of Templars.
(d) He is extremely interested in the Templars, for very personal reasons.
2. Why does Casaubon move?
(a) To live with his girlfriend.
(b) To escape.
(c) To study abroad for his Master's degree.
(d) To be closer to his family.
3. What was NOT one of the charges brought against the Knights Templar when they were arrested?
4. What accusation begins the confrontation at Aglie's house?
(a) One man accuses the other of plotting to kill him.
(b) One man accuses the other of taking more than his share of the profits from their ventures.
(c) One man accuses the other of summoning a demon to oppress him at his home.
(d) One man accuses the other of being a false prophet, and insincere in his devotion to their faith.
5. Where does Aglie live?
(a) New York.
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some claim that the rituals and ideals of the Knights Templar were carried on by what other group?
2. When did Casaubon and Belbo meet?
3. How does Casaubon meet Signor Aglie?
4. Where does Casaubon eventually choose to hide, in Chapter 1?
5. How does Casaubon's relationship with Amparo end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casaubon witness at the ceremonies Aglie invited him and his group to?
2. What changed, in Italy, during the time that Casaubon was living in Brazil?
3. How do Belbo and Casaubon become involved with the police, in Chapter 24?
4. What happens at the religious ceremony to which Aglie invites Casaubon and Amparo?
5. What do Casaubon and Belbo overhear when they go to visit Aglie?
6. What does Aglie tell Casaubon about Agartha?
7. Why does Casaubon meet with Belbo and Mr. Garamond in Chapter 38?
8. Why do Belbo, Diotallevi and Casaubon meet at Pilade's in Chapter 13?
9. What is the Plan?
10. What is Aglie's response when Casaubon asks him why he associates himself with so many different occult practices?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)