|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aglie bring to the ceremony at the Conservatoire, sedated?
2. Who is the Old Man of the Mountain?
(c) Ali Mahmoudi.
(d) Francis Bacon.
3. According to Salon, followers of which faith are plotting to harness the underground energies?
4. Who is mentioned as being a Russian adept and Tzarist agent?
5. Where is John Dee's alleged meeting with the mystics?
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
6. How does Belbo begin to feel about the Plan after Diotallevi's departure?
(a) He decides it doesn't matter whether the Plan is true; since he doesn't have anything else, he will believe it is true.
(b) He begins to think he was divinely inspired to write the Plan.
(c) He suddenly divorces himself from it, and refuses to discuss it with Casaubon.
(d) He begins to think that it must be true because it all fits together too perfectly.
7. Casaubon realizes that the Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers was built on whose property?
(a) Queen Elizabeth's.
(b) John Dee's.
(c) Francis Bacon's.
(d) King Phillip's.
8. What does Casaubon think may have caused an interruption in the Templars' relay of information?
(a) The assassination of a group member who was supposed to inform the others.
(b) A discrepancy between the English and French calendars.
(c) The Templars being forced underground, and having no way to communicate openly.
(d) The separation of church and state in England.
9. What does Belbo think the true goal of the Nazis was?
(a) To reestablish contact with the other Aryan branches of Templars.
(b) To find and control the Holy Grail.
(c) To uncover the Templars' knowledge of telluric currents.
(d) To eliminate the Jewish Templars.
10. How many group members are ordered into the room by the leader of the ceremony?
11. What does Aglie ask Belbo to do for him?
(a) Pass a message along to one of Aglie's friends.
(b) Convey a message to Casaubon.
(c) Help him investigate a new lead that he found.
(d) Bring a suitcase full of books to Florence.
12. What advice does Diotallevi give Belbo and Casaubon before leaving for his treatment regimen?
(a) To designate a meeting place for the three of them when he returns.
(b) To stop investigating the Plan.
(c) To find Aglie and get his advice regarding the Plan.
(d) To lie low for a while and avoid detection.
13. What do Casaubon, Diotallevi and Belbo want to to do with the stories created by Abulafia?
(a) Establish a church.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Start a cult.
(d) Create a new religion.
14. What decisions did Lia make regarding her unborn baby?
(a) She wants to keep the baby, despite knowing that it will be at great risk to herself.
(b) She decides to have the baby in her home country so it will have dual citizenship.
(c) She decides to have a water birth in a progressive hospital.
(d) She decided not to find out the sex of the baby, and not to use any painkillers during delivery.
15. Who does Casaubon think wrote the parchment?
(a) 15th century German Templars.
(b) 17th century German Rosicrucians.
(c) 17th century English Templars.
(d) 16th century French Rosicrucians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salon's profession?
2. Where do Belbo and Lorenza go while Casaubon is on vacation?
3. According to Casaubon's conclusions after talking to Salon, what role do the Jews play in the Templar conspiracy?
4. In Chapter 88, Casaubon tries to understand the role of what group in the Templar conspiracy?
5. Why does Casaubon think the parchment was written?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)