|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Diotallevi's reasoning for the advice he gave to Casaubon and Belbo before he left for treatment?
(a) He is afraid they will be apprehended when he is not there to help them.
(b) He believes his involvement in the Plan contributed to his health problems.
(c) He didn't want Casaubon and Belbo to know that he was going to be researching in secret while he was away.
(d) He received information that made him believe they were in imminent danger.
2. Belbo and Casaubon interpret the computer's output to mean that Jesus fathered what line of kings?
3. What happens to Belbo when he is driving with Lorenza?
(a) His car catches fire.
(b) He runs over a small dog.
(c) He runs out of gas.
(d) He hits a pedestrian.
4. What do the cloaked individuals want from Belbo?
(a) An oath of allegiance.
(b) Decoded information.
(c) Casaubon's whereabouts.
(d) A map.
5. What were the relations between Napoleon and the Jesuits and Jews?
(a) Napoleon eventually realigned himself, after a period of animosity, with the Jesuits and Jews.
(b) Napoleon was always friendly with the Jesuits and Jews.
(c) Napoleon declared open war on the Jesuits and Jews.
(d) Napoleon was ambivalent regarding the Jesuits and Jews.
6. What is one of the uncontroversial facts Casaubon enters into the computer?
(a) There are seven stars in the constellation Orion.
(b) Mickey Mouse is married to Minnie Mouse.
(c) Butter and cheese are made from milk.
(d) The equator divides the earth into two hemispheres.
7. Who demands that Belbo be sacrificed?
(c) The Frenchman.
8. Who is pursuing Belbo, in Chapter 101?
9. The Tzarist agent was central in creating what?
(a) The branch of the Templars which protected the Tzar and his closest advisors.
(b) The underground communication system of the Templars.
(c) The Russian branch of the Rosicrucians.
(d) The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
10. When Casaubon shows Lia the parchment that started his involvement in the Plan, what does she think is written on it?
(a) A map.
(b) A list of birthdates.
(c) A secret code, more advanced than Casaubon thought.
(d) A shopping list.
11. Why does Casaubon choose to enter seemingly meaningless information into Abulafia?
(a) To throw pursuers off their trail.
(b) To test the theory that all information is truly interconnected.
(c) To see if the computer's calculations are accurate.
(d) To see if the computer can differentiate between significant and meaningless data.
12. Who invited Postel to leave the Templars and join another group, according to Casaubon?
(b) John Dee.
(c) Francis Bacon.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
13. Belbo thinks that Nazis were a branch of what?
14. To what country does Casaubon travel to visit a Templar temple?
15. Who is the Old Man of the Mountain?
(a) Ali Mahmoudi.
(d) Francis Bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salon's profession?
2. How does Lia feel about the Plan?
3. What does Casaubon think John Dee's motivations were?
4. What do Casaubon, Diotallevi and Belbo want to to do with the stories created by Abulafia?
5. Where do Belbo and Lorenza go while Casaubon is on vacation?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)