|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John Dee's alleged meeting with the mystics?
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
2. What is one of the uncontroversial facts Casaubon enters into the computer?
(a) The equator divides the earth into two hemispheres.
(b) Butter and cheese are made from milk.
(c) There are seven stars in the constellation Orion.
(d) Mickey Mouse is married to Minnie Mouse.
3. Who began an anti-Semitic campaign to draw out the Jewish Templars?
(a) The French Rosicrucians.
(b) The Israeli Cabbalists.
(c) The Slavic Templars.
(d) The German Templars.
4. Why does Lorenza make Belbo leave the restaurant where they are supposed to have lunch?
(a) She owes money to the owner.
(b) She thinks they are being watched.
(c) She sees a cockroach crawl under their table.
(d) Their table is near Aglie's.
5. How many group members are ordered into the room by the leader of the ceremony?
6. According to Salon, followers of which faith are plotting to harness the underground energies?
7. According to Salon, what group actually has no involvement in the underground tunnels?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The French.
8. Who is mentioned as being a Russian adept and Tzarist agent?
9. To what country does Casaubon travel to visit a Templar temple?
10. After his initiation, Napoleon attempts to seek out a group of Templars in what country?
11. What did Loyola do to expose and confuse the Templars?
(a) Burned all of their records.
(b) Created phony secret societies.
(c) Infiltrated their ranks with spies.
(d) Exposed aspects of their secret rituals.
12. Which man-made object is NOT one of the structures that Casaubon, Belbo and Diotallevi think was constructed to collect and transmit telluric energy?
(a) The Pyramids.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
13. What advice does Diotallevi give Belbo and Casaubon before leaving for his treatment regimen?
(a) To designate a meeting place for the three of them when he returns.
(b) To find Aglie and get his advice regarding the Plan.
(c) To lie low for a while and avoid detection.
(d) To stop investigating the Plan.
14. What was Diotallevi's reasoning for the advice he gave to Casaubon and Belbo before he left for treatment?
(a) He didn't want Casaubon and Belbo to know that he was going to be researching in secret while he was away.
(b) He believes his involvement in the Plan contributed to his health problems.
(c) He received information that made him believe they were in imminent danger.
(d) He is afraid they will be apprehended when he is not there to help them.
15. How does Belbo begin to feel about the Plan after Diotallevi's departure?
(a) He begins to think that it must be true because it all fits together too perfectly.
(b) He suddenly divorces himself from it, and refuses to discuss it with Casaubon.
(c) He decides it doesn't matter whether the Plan is true; since he doesn't have anything else, he will believe it is true.
(d) He begins to think he was divinely inspired to write the Plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality of his story does Belbo see as a virtue, instead of a vice?
2. What do the cloaked individuals want from Belbo?
3. Where is Belbo's boyhood home?
4. What other figure, mentioned earlier in the novel, was involved in the anti-Semitic conspiracy against the Templars?
5. Which cloaked individual is leading the ceremony in the Conservatoire?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)