|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Plan, where was Napoleon initiated into the Templars?
2. Why does Lorenza make Belbo leave the restaurant where they are supposed to have lunch?
(a) She owes money to the owner.
(b) Their table is near Aglie's.
(c) She sees a cockroach crawl under their table.
(d) She thinks they are being watched.
3. What group does Casaubon think Postel joined, after being a Templar initiate?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The Society of Jesus.
(c) The Anglo-Saxons.
(d) The Rosicrucians.
4. Belbo and Casaubon interpret the computer's output to mean that Jesus fathered what line of kings?
5. What object was Loyola seeking?
(a) A piece of Christ's cross.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The Arc of the Covenant.
(d) The missing piece of the Templars' map.
6. What happens to Belbo when he is driving with Lorenza?
(a) His car catches fire.
(b) He hits a pedestrian.
(c) He runs out of gas.
(d) He runs over a small dog.
7. According to Salon, what group actually has no involvement in the underground tunnels?
(a) The French.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Freemasons.
(d) The Nazis.
8. Why does Casaubon think the parchment was written?
(a) As part of an active attempt to make contact with other groups.
(b) As part of a conspiracy to frame some of the group's members.
(c) To throw off the people who were pursuing the parchment's authors.
(d) To divert attention from their real plan.
9. Who does Aglie bring to the ceremony at the Conservatoire, sedated?
10. Who is the Old Man of the Mountain?
(a) Ali Mahmoudi.
(d) Francis Bacon.
11. Who began an anti-Semitic campaign to draw out the Jewish Templars?
(a) The Slavic Templars.
(b) The Israeli Cabbalists.
(c) The German Templars.
(d) The French Rosicrucians.
12. It becomes clear in Chapter 101 that Diotallevi is dying from what?
(a) Liver failure.
(b) Kidney disease.
(d) Heart failure.
13. What is one of the uncontroversial facts Casaubon enters into the computer?
(a) The equator divides the earth into two hemispheres.
(b) There are seven stars in the constellation Orion.
(c) Mickey Mouse is married to Minnie Mouse.
(d) Butter and cheese are made from milk.
14. What other figure, mentioned earlier in the novel, was involved in the anti-Semitic conspiracy against the Templars?
(a) John Dee.
(b) Francis Bacon.
(c) Comte de Saint-Germain.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
15. According to Casaubon's group, what was the reason for the founding of the Rosicrucians?
(a) To provide a place for members of the Templars who were excommunicated, or looking for something else.
(b) To help carry messages between Templar groups unobtrusively.
(c) To expose the true Templar groups in Germany.
(d) To provide a place for the Templars to store their wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Belbo's boyhood home?
2. Who tries to restrain Casaubon's growing fervor for the occult in Chapter 63?
3. Casaubon realizes that the Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers was built on whose property?
4. Why does the mysterious caller ask Belbo to go to Paris?
5. Who demands that Belbo be sacrificed?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)