|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began an anti-Semitic campaign to draw out the Jewish Templars?
(a) The Slavic Templars.
(b) The French Rosicrucians.
(c) The Israeli Cabbalists.
(d) The German Templars.
2. According to Casaubon's conclusions after talking to Salon, what role do the Jews play in the Templar conspiracy?
(a) They are the only true branch of Templars.
(b) They are a red herring.
(c) He could make no conclusion.
(d) They are out to disrupt and destroy the Templars for good.
3. Which is NOT a meeting place of the Templars, according to Casaubon's interpretation of the parchment?
4. What is Casaubon doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Traveling back to Brazil, trying to find Amparo so he can warn her.
(b) Trying to find the last branch of the Templars and plead for their help.
(c) Seeking refuge at the Vatican.
(d) Sitting at his house, waiting for the occultists to track him down and kill him.
5. It becomes clear in Chapter 101 that Diotallevi is dying from what?
(a) Heart failure.
(b) Kidney disease.
(c) Liver failure.
6. Which cloaked individual is leading the ceremony in the Conservatoire?
7. According to Salon, followers of which faith are plotting to harness the underground energies?
8. After his initiation, Napoleon attempts to seek out a group of Templars in what country?
9. Who does Casaubon think wrote the parchment?
(a) 17th century English Templars.
(b) 17th century German Rosicrucians.
(c) 16th century French Rosicrucians.
(d) 15th century German Templars.
10. What secret society does Casaubon decide to add to the list he presents to Aglie?
11. What ailment does Diotallevi claim to have in Chapter 100?
(c) Kidney stones.
12. The Old Man in the Mountain is the leader of what group?
(a) The Assassins.
(b) The Diabolicals.
(c) The Muslim Society.
(d) The Jewish Templars.
13. Why does Casaubon choose to add to the list he presents to Aglie?
(a) To get more information about that society.
(b) To try and fool Aglie into confessing something.
(c) To convince Aglie that he's not studying what Aglie thinks he is.
(d) To test Aglie's knowledge.
14. What does the computer's output suggest about the crucifixion of Christ?
(a) It never happened.
(b) Jesus was crucified, but friends snuck in and freed him before he died.
(c) It was orchestrated by the Jews.
(d) He died of his wounds, not from the crucifixion.
15. Who demands that Belbo be sacrificed?
(b) The Frenchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Casaubon feel about the items he sees in the Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers?
2. Who is pursuing Belbo, in Chapter 101?
3. What do Casaubon, Diotallevi and Belbo want to to do with the stories created by Abulafia?
4. Casaubon realizes that the Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers was built on whose property?
5. What do the cloaked individuals want from Belbo?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)