|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Knights Templar become rich?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They were allowed to keep loot that they won in battle.
(c) They were exempt from paying tithes.
(d) They were able to implement tithes of their own.
2. Why does Casaubon have difficulty researching the group that interests him, in Chapter 27?
(a) The Church denies the existence of the group.
(b) Everyone believes the group exists, but no one will admit that they are a member.
(c) He has alienated himself from his contacts who are also interested in esoteric lore.
(d) There is no written evidence of the group's existence.
3. On the way to the ritual, Casaubon's group spends the night at which group member's family home?
4. What word does Casaubon finally use to unlock Belbo's computer?
5. What does Lorenza offer to do for Garamond to promote his occult book series?
(a) Talk to some of her author friends.
(b) Write a review on one of the books for the local paper.
(c) Distribute fliers.
(d) Work as Belbo's secretary, for a decreased salary.
6. Who is Colonel Ardenti?
(a) One of Belbo's contacts in the French Army.
(b) An author who is pitching his book to Belbo's publishing company.
(c) A war hero who wants to help Casaubon and Belbo investigate the myths of the Templars.
(d) A University friend of Casaubon's.
7. Why doesn't Mr. Garamond agree to publish Bramanti's work?
(a) The topic of Bramanti's research doesn't interest him.
(b) Garamond's company is facing bankruptcy and cannot afford any new clients.
(c) Garamond doesn't trust Bramanti to be reliable and deliver the works on time.
(d) Bramanti is not going to finance the project himself.
8. Which of the following were women whom the Knights Templar were NOT allowed to kiss or make eye contact with?
9. Mr. Garamond's other publishing company publishes only what type of authors?
(a) Government-sponsored authors.
(b) Self-financing authors.
(c) Freelance authors.
(d) Contracted authors.
10. Casaubon compares Aglie to whom?
11. What idea is commonly associated with Agartha?
12. What is the name of the other publishing company Mr. Garamond runs?
(b) Conservatoire des Arts et de Metiers.
(c) Press de Italia.
13. What is Aglie's response when he is asked why he is so interested in the occult?
(a) The best way to find a true initiate is to associate oneself with those searching for truth.
(b) He finds the orgiastic nature of mystery and occult traditions fascinating.
(c) He wants to learn as much as he can about various traditions in hopes that he will find his version of the truth.
(d) None of the traditions he has found so far have given him the answers he seeks.
14. The Knights Templar began during what time?
(a) The First Crusade.
(b) The conversion of Rome to Christianity.
(c) The years following the death of Christ.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
15. Who or what is Abulafia?
(a) Belbo's computer.
(b) Diotallevi's electronic journal.
(c) A Hebrew code of letters and numbers.
(d) Casaubon's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Knights Templar?
2. Aglie agrees to act as a consultant for Belbo and Casaubon free of charge, on what condition?
3. In what year were the Knights Templar arrested?
4. What is the subject of the book Belbo wants Casaubon to work on?
5. Belbo makes a statement about the subject of most of the manuscripts delivered to him by what group of people?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)