|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aglie say about the members of the group Casaubon is studying?
(a) No one knows how many there are, because they remain secretive.
(b) There are no true members, only those who think they belong.
(c) Certain men, ageless and enlightened, are the true members of the order.
(d) They do not proselytize, and you have to seek them out if you want to join.
2. What is the subject of the book Belbo wants Casaubon to work on?
3. What is the name of the occult book series published by Mr. Garamond's vanity press?
(b) Isis Unveiled.
(d) Project Hermes.
4. Where is Casaubon when he runs into his neighbor from Milan?
(b) Garamond Press.
(c) A German mine.
(d) A magical ritual.
5. What is The Plan?
(a) An important part of Jewish prophecy.
(b) An obscure Biblical narrative.
(c) A game, invented by Casaubon and his friends.
(d) A secret Vatican conspiracy.
6. Aglie inquires as to whether Casaubon and Belbo have received any manuscripts regarding what topic?
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) Telluric currents.
7. Who checked out the book Casaubon was looking for at the library?
(d) De Angelis.
8. Some claim that the rituals and ideals of the Knights Templar were carried on by what other group?
(a) The Episcopal Church.
(b) The Crusaders.
(c) The Quakers.
(d) The Freemasons.
9. Where is Agartha located?
(a) In the Dead Sea.
(b) In another dimension.
(c) Under the tectonic plate Italy rests on.
(d) High in the Himalayas.
10. What rumors began to circulate about the Knights Templar, as word of their success spread?
(a) They were a form of secret police loyal to the Roman government.
(b) They were womanizers and cowards.
(c) They were homosexuals, who secretly worshiped the devil.
(d) They were not religious, but simply wanted glory and riches.
11. What is Agartha?
(a) The Rosicrucians' idea of heaven.
(b) The underground system of electrical and magnetic energy.
(c) The home of the masters of the world.
(d) The place where all of the telluric currents meet.
12. What does Mr. Garamond name the project he begins in Chapter 43?
(a) Project Creation.
(b) Project Hermes.
(c) The De Molay Experiment.
(d) The Templar Project.
13. Why is Amparo so upset after the ritual?
(a) She feels that her nationality may be more powerful than her rationality.
(b) She was unprepared for it, and now feels overwhelmed.
(c) She felt as if she had been taken advantage of during the ritual.
(d) She is angry at Aglie for forcing her to attend it.
14. Who is Gudrun?
(a) Belbo's girlfriend.
(b) Belbo's secretary.
(c) Diotallevi's wife.
(d) Casaubon's maid.
15. How does Casaubon meet Signor Aglie?
(a) Aglie is introduced to Casaubon by a mutual friend.
(b) Aglie is one of Casaubon's professors.
(c) Aglie is a coworker of Casaubon's.
(d) Aglie is friends with Casaubon's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner of the villa allegedly possesses what mysterious items?
2. Why is Belbo wary about going to the party Lorenza invites him to?
3. To whom does Aglie compare himself?
4. What is the topic of Casaubon's dissertation?
5. Aglie agrees to act as a consultant for Belbo and Casaubon free of charge, on what condition?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)