|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the political radicals in Milan, while Casaubon was away?
(a) Most of them were arrested, and the rest formed an underground society.
(b) They rioted and were driven out of the city, and now communicate via encoded messages.
(c) They migrated away from politics, and toward psychology and transcendental meditation.
(d) They staged a coup, and overthrew the city's government.
2. In what year were the Knights Templar arrested?
3. On the way to the ritual, Casaubon's group spends the night at which group member's family home?
4. Which of these is NOT one of the four types of people, according to Belbo?
5. What saint helped to establish and protect the Knights Templar?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Catherine.
(c) Saint Bernard.
(d) Saint Michael.
6. Why does Belbo want Casaubon to meet Mr. Garamond, in Chapter 37?
(a) Because Belbo wants to give Casaubon a job at Garamond Press.
(b) Because Garamond has information regarding Ardenti's murder.
(c) Because Garamond wants information on the Templars, and Belbo couldn't think of anyone better to ask than Casaubon.
(d) Because Garamond has information which Belbo thinks Casaubon would find valuable.
7. The Knights Templar fought to protect the Holy Land from what?
8. Who is Gudrun?
(a) Belbo's secretary.
(b) Casaubon's maid.
(c) Diotallevi's wife.
(d) Belbo's girlfriend.
9. Lorenza claims that Aglie believes she is really a character from what mythology?
10. What word does Casaubon finally use to unlock Belbo's computer?
11. Why does Casaubon have difficulty researching the group that interests him, in Chapter 27?
(a) The Church denies the existence of the group.
(b) Everyone believes the group exists, but no one will admit that they are a member.
(c) There is no written evidence of the group's existence.
(d) He has alienated himself from his contacts who are also interested in esoteric lore.
12. What is the name of the other publishing company Mr. Garamond runs?
(b) Press de Italia.
(d) Conservatoire des Arts et de Metiers.
13. What rumors began to circulate about the Knights Templar, as word of their success spread?
(a) They were womanizers and cowards.
(b) They were a form of secret police loyal to the Roman government.
(c) They were homosexuals, who secretly worshiped the devil.
(d) They were not religious, but simply wanted glory and riches.
14. What is Garamond Press?
(a) A Bible and Torah printer.
(b) A sensational tabloid.
(c) A newspaper company.
(d) A small vanity and academic publisher.
15. What is the topic of Casaubon's dissertation?
(a) Pope Innocent III.
(b) The Knights Templar.
(c) The history of the Catholic church.
(d) The Inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belbo claims he is being chased by whom?
2. Where is Agartha located?
3. What is The Plan?
4. What is Aglie's response when he is asked why he is so interested in the occult?
5. What does Colonel Ardenti think the Holy Grail might actually be?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)