|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50-62 (Gevurah 50-62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encouraged the rumors being spread about the Knights Templar?
(a) Saint Bernard.
(b) King Edward.
(c) Pope Innocent III.
(d) King Phillip.
2. What are the origins of the religious ceremonies that exist where Casaubon is living?
(a) Their origins are largely unknown.
(b) They are strictly orthodox Christian traditions.
(c) They are peculiar to that area, and show little resemblance to the traditions of other cultures.
(d) They are an eclectic mixture of traditions from other cultures.
3. Who is NOT a participant in the meeting that Casaubon overhears at Aglie's residence?
(a) Professor Bramanti.
(d) The Frenchman.
4. To what order does Professor Bramanti belong?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The Knights Templar.
(c) The Rosicrucians.
(d) The Cabbalists.
5. What saint helped to establish and protect the Knights Templar?
(a) Saint Catherine.
(b) Saint Bernard.
(c) Saint Michael.
(d) Saint Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Casaubon when he runs into his neighbor from Milan?
2. What rumors began to circulate about the Knights Templar, as word of their success spread?
3. What does Lorenza offer to do for Garamond to promote his occult book series?
4. In what year were the Knights Templar arrested?
5. Where does Casaubon move, in Chapter 25?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)