|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-49 (Gevurah 38-49).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the other two men present at the meeting call Aglie?
(d) De Molay.
2. The Knights Templar fought to protect the Holy Land from what?
3. Why does Casaubon have difficulty researching the group that interests him, in Chapter 27?
(a) Everyone believes the group exists, but no one will admit that they are a member.
(b) He has alienated himself from his contacts who are also interested in esoteric lore.
(c) The Church denies the existence of the group.
(d) There is no written evidence of the group's existence.
4. What saint helped to establish and protect the Knights Templar?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Catherine.
(c) Saint Michael.
(d) Saint Bernard.
5. Who or what is Abulafia?
(a) Belbo's computer.
(b) A Hebrew code of letters and numbers.
(c) Diotallevi's electronic journal.
(d) Casaubon's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the origins of the religious ceremonies that exist where Casaubon is living?
2. Why is Mr. Garamond's office connected to Garamond Press by a secret passageway?
3. Why does Casaubon move?
4. How does Casaubon know Professor Bramanti?
5. What does Colonel Ardenti think the Holy Grail might actually be?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)