Chapters 1-12 (Keter 1-2, Hokhmah 3-6, Binah 7-12)
1. Who is the narrator of the novel?
2. Where is the main character, as the novel opens?
(a) Garamond Press.
(c) The Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers.
(d) A friend's apartment.
3. What is the main character looking at, in Chapter 1?
(a) The street below.
(b) An old car.
(c) A periscope.
(d) Foucault's pendulum.
4. Why is Casaubon looking for a hiding spot, in Chapter 1?
(a) He is homeless and has nowhere to go.
(b) He is running from the police.
(c) The museum he is in is about to close.
(d) He is being pursued by someone.
5. Where does Casaubon eventually choose to hide, in Chapter 1?
(a) In an empty vehicle.
(b) Under a bench.
(c) In a periscope.
(d) Behind a large, decorative plant.
6. Belbo claims he is being chased by whom?
(a) The Knights Templar.
(b) The French military.
(c) The Vatican police.
(d) The Rosicrucians.
7. What is The Plan?
(a) An important part of Jewish prophecy.
(b) A game, invented by Casaubon and his friends.
(c) A secret Vatican conspiracy.
(d) An obscure Biblical narrative.
This section contains 5,268 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)