Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
2. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
3. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
4. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
5. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
Should Robert Jordan have killed Pablo immediately? What does it say about Robert Jordan's character that he contemplated his decision to kill or not kill Pablo as he watched him care for the horses? Explain.
Superstition is threaded through the novel. Discuss three events that were embedded with superstition and omens. Were the characters foolish for believing in the omens? Or was there truth in their beliefs? Explain using evidence from the text.
Joaquin's story shows the effects of war on the civilian population. It also symbolizes what happens in many countries when America intervenes in foreign affairs. What is the price that civilians of the countries America invades pay for supporting wars? Discuss current events that depict this intervention.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)