|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
2. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
3. What does Robert Jordan leave with Agustin, but warns not to use until the fighting is over?
4. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
5. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the incident when Robert Jordan reaches for his gun to maintain order in the cave. Is this an extreme response to the fighting that has gone on between Pilar and Pablo? Or is this a necessary response when engaged in battle? How and why does strategy and teamwork need to be a central focus with Robert Jordan and his men? What are the consequences if they do not act in unison?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of salvation runs throughout the novel. Give three examples of salvation from the novel and explain how the theme is a major part of the unfolding of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Joaquin's story shows the effects of war on the civilian population. It also symbolizes what happens in many countries when America intervenes in foreign affairs. What is the price that civilians of the countries America invades pay for supporting wars? Discuss current events that depict this intervention.
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)