Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
2. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
3. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
4. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
5. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
Essay Topic 1
Pablo is viewed by his comrades as a dissenter. They plot to kill him, as the gypsy suggests. Pablo then returns to the group a changed man, willing to participate and get along. What event is the turning point for Pablo? Is it the thought of impending death or the hope of redemption and restoration of bravery that has changed Pablo?
Essay Topic 2
Should Robert Jordan have killed Pablo immediately? What does it say about Robert Jordan's character that he contemplated his decision to kill or not kill Pablo as he watched him care for the horses? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Joaquin's story shows the effects of war on the civilian population. It also symbolizes what happens in many countries when America intervenes in foreign affairs. What is the price that civilians of the countries America invades pay for supporting wars? Discuss current events that depict this intervention.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)