|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
2. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
3. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
4. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
5. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
Essay Topic 1
Robert Jordan trusts Agustin, who controlled his urge to kill the first four cavalrymen. If he had killed them, what would have happened to the mission? Agustin had the innate desire to kill. Robert Jordan thinks that killing is sacramental to Spaniards. Do you agree? Give examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Andres. Discuss his loyalty to the group during a time of uncertainty. He is racing time trying to get the dispatch to Golz. Discuss this character in terms of his purpose in the story and the suspense he carries with him as makes his way with Miranda's orders to Golz.
Essay Topic 3
Pablo returns to the cave and Pilar calls him Judas Iscariot, the ultimate betrayer, but accepts him back regardless. Do you think that Robert Jordan and Pilar did the right thing by accepting him back in the cave? Explain why or why not and give textual evidence.
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)