|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
(a) his gun
(b) the explosives
(c) his ring
(d) his papers
2. What does Andres think about when he thinks about life without war?
(a) raising partidges in the front yard
(b) raising a family
(c) moving to the United States
(d) starting a new career
3. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
(a) that he was a coward
(b) that he should be given more credit
(c) that he was brave
(d) that he was a hero
4. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
(a) to plan the attack
(b) postpone the mission
(c) communicate back to Robert Jordan
(d) receive the dispatch directly
5. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
(a) a fascist
(b) Judas Iscariot
(d) the devil
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only weapon Robert Jordan still kept that belonged to his grandfather?
2. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
3. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
4. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
5. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andres daydream about doing once the war is over?
2. What happens after Robert Jordan finishes wiring the bridge and hears a truck coming down the road?
3. Does Robert Jordan live? Explain.
4. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
5. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
6. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
7. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
8. When Andres arrives at the government position, what do the guards think of him?
9. How does Robert Jordan feel about Anselmo and Agustin now that they are in the center of war?
10. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)