|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
2. Where does Robert Jordan lie to wait for daylight?
(a) the grass
(b) the shrubs
(c) the sand
(d) the woods
3. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) signs of encouragment
(b) bad omens
(c) good luck
(d) signs of progress
4. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
(a) the hoof
(b) the horns
(c) the ear
(d) the tail
5. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
(a) that he was a hero
(b) that he was brave
(c) that he was a coward
(d) that he should be given more credit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan leave with Agustin, but warns not to use until the fighting is over?
2. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
3. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
4. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
5. What does Robert Jordan find missing when he checks his sack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robert Jordan angry with Pilar and himself when he learns Pablo stole the materials for the mission?
2. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
3. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
4. Who does Pilar blame for the stolen materials?
5. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
6. How do Maria's parent's react right before they are killed by the fascists?
7. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
8. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
9. What does Robert Jordan's dispatch to General Golz say?
10. What does Andres daydream about doing once the war is over?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)