|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) a slug of water
(b) a warm beer
(c) two glasses of whiskey
(d) bread from his sack
2. Maria asks if Robert Jordan wants to talk about his work, but Robert Jordan wants to talk about this city instead.
(c) New York City
3. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
4. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) signs of encouragment
(b) good luck
(c) bad omens
(d) signs of progress
5. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
(a) behead him
(b) shoot him dead
(c) drop a bomb on him
(d) shave his head
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
2. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
3. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
4. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
5. How does Robert Jordan feel for leaving the sack full of explosives with Pilar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Robert Jordan finishes wiring the bridge and hears a truck coming down the road?
2. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
3. What does Karkov learn when he arrives at his apartment in the Hotel Gaylord in Madrid?
4. What is Robert Jordan's plan?
5. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
6. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
7. When Robert Jordan thinks of the bridge now, what does he feel?
8. When Andres arrives at the government position, what do the guards think of him?
9. Who does Pilar blame for the stolen materials?
10. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)