|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the general tell Karkov they should receive this very night?
(a) Robert Jordan's arrival
(b) a report from Robert Jordan
(c) the gypsy's blessing
(d) a visit from Pilar
2. Maria's father yells out "Viva la Republica" before this event happens.
(a) his daughters' heads are shaved
(b) he kills two fascist soldiers
(c) he is shot by the fascists
(d) his wife is shot by the fascists
3. What is the name of the lieutenant colonel?
4. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) going to a funeral
(b) getting married
(c) going away to school
(d) preparing for a test
5. What does Karkov do to save time before he drives to the front at two o'clock in the morning?
(a) sleep in his clothes
(b) send a correspondance to Robert Jordan
(c) tell his wife goodbye
(d) eat a late dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
2. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
3. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
4. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
5. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Maria is fearful of one thing upon marrying Robert Jordan. What is it and how does Robert Jordan react?
2. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
3. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
4. How is Pablo treated when he appears at the entrance to the cave?
5. Does Robert Jordan live? Explain.
6. What happens after Robert Jordan finishes wiring the bridge and hears a truck coming down the road?
7. What does Andres daydream about doing once the war is over?
8. What does Karkov learn when he arrives at his apartment in the Hotel Gaylord in Madrid?
9. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
10. What happens when Gomez speaks with Andre Marty, the French officer?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)