|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
2. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) getting married
(b) going to a funeral
(c) preparing for a test
(d) going away to school
3. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his canteen
(b) his belt
(c) his gun
(d) his hand grenades
4. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
5. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) his mistress
(b) a fascist soldier
(c) a Republican
(d) the concierge
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
2. At what hotel is Karkov staying at in Madrid?
3. What is the name of the lieutenant colonel?
4. What does Robert Jordan compare Anselmo and Agustin to?
5. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
2. What does Robert Jordan's dispatch to General Golz say?
3. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
4. What is Robert Jordan's plan?
5. What does Lieutenant Colonel Miranda tell Gomez to do?
6. When Robert Jordan thinks of the bridge now, what does he feel?
7. Do the men trust Robert Jordan now, even after the tragic event at Sordos has occurred?
8. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
9. What begins to happen to Robert Jordan as he thinks more and more of Pablo?
10. Who does Pilar blame for the stolen materials?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)