|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(a) El Sordo
2. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) getting married
(b) preparing for a test
(c) going to a funeral
(d) going away to school
3. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
4. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) Robert Jordan's mission
(b) Pilar's foolishness
(c) Pablo's fear
(d) the attack on Sordo
5. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because the Church still exists there
(b) because it is less dangerous than Spain
(c) because it is cleaner
(d) because it is more cheerful
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
2. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
3. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
4. What does Andres see coming down from the mountains?
5. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robert Jordan's father kill himself?
2. Maria is fearful of one thing upon marrying Robert Jordan. What is it and how does Robert Jordan react?
3. How do Maria's parent's react right before they are killed by the fascists?
4. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
5. What does Andres daydream about doing once the war is over?
6. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
7. What does Robert Jordan's dispatch to General Golz say?
8. What happens when Gomez speaks with Andre Marty, the French officer?
9. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
10. Who does Pilar blame for the stolen materials?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)