|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) going to a funeral
(b) going away to school
(c) preparing for a test
(d) getting married
2. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
(a) the planes take off
(b) smoke rise up from the mountains
(c) a fleet of fascists leaving
(d) the empty trucks roll in
3. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) signs of encouragment
(b) signs of progress
(c) bad omens
(d) good luck
4. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
(a) shoot him dead
(b) drop a bomb on him
(c) behead him
(d) shave his head
5. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
(a) the tail
(b) the ear
(c) the horns
(d) the hoof
Short Answer Questions
1. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
2. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
3. Maria's father yells out "Viva la Republica" before this event happens.
4. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
5. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Robert Jordan thinks of the bridge now, what does he feel?
2. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
3. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
4. What happens after Robert Jordan finishes wiring the bridge and hears a truck coming down the road?
5. What does Lieutenant Colonel Miranda tell Gomez to do?
6. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
7. How does Robert Jordan feel about Anselmo and Agustin now that they are in the center of war?
8. What happens when Gomez speaks with Andre Marty, the French officer?
9. Does Robert Jordan live? Explain.
10. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)