|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres see coming down from the mountains?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) empty trucks
(d) Pablo and his men
2. What is the name of the commander who listens to and believes Andres' story?
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
4. Who's influence has made Robert Jordan doubt the success of the mission?
5. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
(a) the bridge
(b) the archway
(c) the door
(d) the window
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
2. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
3. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
4. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
5. What is the name of the lieutenant colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
2. Does Robert Jordan live? Explain.
3. What do the men at the government post not know about what has happened?
4. What does Andres daydream about doing once the war is over?
5. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
6. What happens after Robert Jordan finishes wiring the bridge and hears a truck coming down the road?
7. How does Gomez make sure Andres speaks to Lieutenant Colonel Miranda?
8. How is Pablo treated when he appears at the entrance to the cave?
9. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
10. How did Robert Jordan's father kill himself?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)