|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
(a) he will fight with Robert Jordan
(b) he has confidence in Robert Jordan
(c) he trusts Robert Jordan
(d) he will fight alone
2. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
3. Where does Pablo speak of going as they prepare to leave the camp?
(a) El Sordos
(c) the cave
4. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
5. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
(a) the Republicans
(b) all Spanish people
(c) the fascists
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
2. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
3. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
4. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
5. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robert Jordan's plan?
2. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
3. How does Gomez make sure Andres speaks to Lieutenant Colonel Miranda?
4. What begins to happen to Robert Jordan as he thinks more and more of Pablo?
5. When Andres arrives at the government position, what do the guards think of him?
6. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
7. How does Robert Jordan feel about Anselmo and Agustin now that they are in the center of war?
8. Do the men trust Robert Jordan now, even after the tragic event at Sordos has occurred?
9. When Robert Jordan thinks of the bridge now, what does he feel?
10. How did Robert Jordan's father kill himself?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)