|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andres respond when Miranda asks about the movement?
(a) he tells her about Pablo
(b) he says the roads are quiet
(c) he does not speak
(d) he admits to chaos
2. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) a fascist soldier
(b) the concierge
(c) a Republican
(d) his mistress
3. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) signs of encouragment
(b) good luck
(c) bad omens
(d) signs of progress
4. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(c) El Sordo
5. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
(a) not being able to be a decent wife
(b) not being able to bear children for Robert Jordan
(c) not having friends in the United States
(d) not having an education to speak of
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
2. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
3. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
4. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
5. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)