|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
(a) luck returning
(b) bad luck to come
2. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) a slug of water
(b) bread from his sack
(c) two glasses of whiskey
(d) a warm beer
3. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
(b) Robert Jordan
(d) the gypsy
4. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
(a) block the bridge with barracades
(b) blow the bridge
(c) lead the men across the bridge
(d) leave the bridge standing
5. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(b) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilar think about Robert Jordan's palm and what the gypsy has said?
2. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
3. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
4. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
5. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
2. Why is Robert Jordan angry with Pilar and himself when he learns Pablo stole the materials for the mission?
3. Do the men trust Robert Jordan now, even after the tragic event at Sordos has occurred?
4. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
5. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
6. How does Gomez make sure Andres speaks to Lieutenant Colonel Miranda?
7. Does Robert Jordan live? Explain.
8. How do Maria's parent's react right before they are killed by the fascists?
9. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
10. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)