|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
(a) The Americans
(b) The Republicans
(c) The band of Pablo
(d) The Fascists
2. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
3. What does Robert Jordan lay up against waiting for the fascists to get closer, while holding his machine gun?
(a) a tree
(b) the bridge
(c) a rock
(d) a tank
4. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
(a) the bridge
(b) the door
(c) the archway
(d) the window
5. What does Andre Marty immediately order?
(a) to pile machine guns into the trucks
(b) to gather granades
(c) to arrest Gomez and Andres
(d) to employ troops to the bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Jordan's father kill himself with?
2. What is the name of the commander who listens to and believes Andres' story?
3. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
4. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
5. Maria's father yells out "Viva la Republica" before this event happens.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
2. What begins to happen to Robert Jordan as he thinks more and more of Pablo?
3. Does Robert Jordan live? Explain.
4. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
5. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
6. How did Robert Jordan's father kill himself?
7. What does Lieutenant Colonel Miranda tell Gomez to do?
8. Who does Pilar blame for the stolen materials?
9. How is Pablo treated when he appears at the entrance to the cave?
10. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)