|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan leave with Agustin, but warns not to use until the fighting is over?
(b) camoflague fatigues
2. After Pilar's group returns, Robert Jordan learns of this man's death.
3. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
(a) the devil
(b) Judas Iscariot
(d) a fascist
4. What does Karkov do to save time before he drives to the front at two o'clock in the morning?
(a) tell his wife goodbye
(b) eat a late dinner
(c) sleep in his clothes
(d) send a correspondance to Robert Jordan
5. Who makes several phone calls to finally reach Golz?
(b) Andre Marty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andre Marty immediately order?
2. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
3. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
4. What is Robert Jordan doing when Anselmo finds him?
5. Who were bombed in Segovia by the fascists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the men trust Robert Jordan now, even after the tragic event at Sordos has occurred?
2. Why is Robert Jordan angry with Pilar and himself when he learns Pablo stole the materials for the mission?
3. How does Gomez make sure Andres speaks to Lieutenant Colonel Miranda?
4. When Robert Jordan thinks of the bridge now, what does he feel?
5. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
6. How is Pablo treated when he appears at the entrance to the cave?
7. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
8. What happens when Gomez speaks with Andre Marty, the French officer?
9. What does Robert Jordan's dispatch to General Golz say?
10. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)