|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
2. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
(a) they feel he is a confidant
(b) they know him as a friend
(c) they think he is a traitor
(d) they do not trust him at first
3. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(b) death to come
(c) good fortune
(d) future children
4. What title does Pablo introduce Robert Jordan as to his new men?
(a) the soldier
(b) the boss
(c) the dynamiter
(d) the American
5. What is the predominant nature of the Spanish people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
2. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
3. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
4. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
5. Where does Pablo lead the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
2. When Andres arrives at the government position, what do the guards think of him?
3. What happens when Gomez speaks with Andre Marty, the French officer?
4. What do the new men mistakenly think Pablo's role is in the mission?
5. Describe what Maria believes about the love between her and Robert Jordan, even as Robert Jordan grows more and more realistic about the outcome of the day.
6. What does Lieutenant Colonel Miranda tell Gomez to do?
7. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
8. How do Maria's parent's react right before they are killed by the fascists?
9. Do the men trust Robert Jordan now, even after the tragic event at Sordos has occurred?
10. How is Pablo treated when he appears at the entrance to the cave?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)