|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the French army officer?
(b) Andre Marty
2. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) his grandfather
(b) Sordo's last words of advice
(c) bull baiting as a young man
(d) the fascists
3. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(c) Robert Jordan
4. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(c) El Sordo
5. What does Pablo fear more than death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marty think Gomez and Andres work for?
2. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
3. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
4. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
5. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the new men mistakenly think Pablo's role is in the mission?
2. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
3. When Andres arrives at the government position, what do the guards think of him?
4. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
5. What do the men at the government post not know about what has happened?
6. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
7. Why is Robert Jordan angry with Pilar and himself when he learns Pablo stole the materials for the mission?
8. What is Robert Jordan's plan?
9. What happens when Gomez speaks with Andre Marty, the French officer?
10. How does Robert Jordan feel about Anselmo and Agustin now that they are in the center of war?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)