|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria visit in the night?
(d) Robert Jordan
2. Does Robert Jordan think the planes have killed anyone?
(a) Yes, and he is frightened
(b) No, planes hardly kill anyone
(c) Yes, but not Sordo's men
(d) He doesn't know
3. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
(a) he can see the hilltop
(b) one of Sordo's men reports to him
(c) it is quiet
(d) he knows in his heart
4. Whose movements does Robert Jordan watch through a pair of field glasses as he studies the bridge?
(a) the sentry
(b) a fascist
5. What is Karkov's occupation?
(a) a teacher
(b) a military commander
(c) a businessman
(d) a journalist
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
2. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
3. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
4. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
5. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
2. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
3. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
4. Why is Pilar jealous of Maria and Robert Jordan?
5. What is the reason why Pablo has decided that he is for the train now?
6. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
7. What did Pilar do to escape the attack at the barracks?
8. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
9. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
10. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)