|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
(d) Robert Jordan
2. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
(a) the gypsy
(d) Robert Jordan
3. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
(a) a pistol
(b) a maquina
(c) a shotgun
(d) a semi-automatic
4. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(b) a fellow soldier
(c) a gypsy
(d) an enemy soldier
5. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
2. What is Karkov's occupation?
3. What has happened to Maria that she feels Robert Jordan will not love her?
4. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
5. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
2. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
3. Why is Pilar jealous of Maria and Robert Jordan?
4. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
5. What sickens Robert Jordan the most as the cavalry pass by?
6. What does Robert Jordan imagine his life to be as he thinks about what he will do after the war?
7. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
8. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
9. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
10. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)