|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
2. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
(a) the Republic
(b) a cause
(d) Robert Jordan
3. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) an enemy soldier
(b) a gypsy
(d) a fellow soldier
4. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(a) high ranking officers
(b) the cavalry
(d) the fascist footmen
5. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
(c) He was born into the military
(d) Once when he was a boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
2. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
3. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
4. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
5. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
2. What happens after Robert Jordan shoots the horseman?
3. After Robert Jordan tells Maria that he loves her, what does he begin to fear and why?
4. What does Anselmo think about while the fascist patrol keep warm?
5. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
6. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
7. Who is Maria?
8. What does Lieutenant Colonel Miranda tell Gomez to do?
9. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
10. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)