|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
(a) they cannot be trusted
(b) they are communists
(c) they are engaged
(d) they are traitors
2. Who does Robert Jordan ask to catch the horse?
3. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) the General Staff
(b) Robert Jordan
(c) the Republicans
4. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
5. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
(a) a socialist nation
(c) people have a right to govern themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. Fernando remembers talks about the movement in La Ganja that allude to the Republic planning this.
2. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
3. Where do El Sordo and his men make their last stand?
4. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
5. Does Robert Jordan think the planes have killed anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has made Joaquin sad, so much that he begins to cry?
2. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
3. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
4. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
5. What did Pilar do to escape the attack at the barracks?
6. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
7. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
8. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
9. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
10. Why is Pilar jealous of Maria and Robert Jordan?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)