|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
(a) a military officer
(b) a lawyer
(c) a doctor
(d) a bullfighter
2. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
3. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
4. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) destroy the bridge in the night
(b) kill Pablo
(c) flee the country
(d) kill Pilar
5. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) the home she dreams to have
(b) life before the war
(c) Pablo's hardships
(d) how the barracks were attacked
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert Jordan ask to catch the horse?
2. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
3. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
4. Who's papers does Robert Jordon examine?
5. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maria?
2. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
3. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
4. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
5. Why does Robert Jordan choose not to kill Pablo?
6. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
7. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
8. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
9. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
10. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)