|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan say they will do about the attack on Sordo?
(a) invade the camp
(b) find horses
(c) ambush the enemy
2. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
(c) Robert Jordan
3. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
4. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
(a) La Granja
(c) back to the camp
5. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
(a) she is beautiful
(b) she is fiesty
(c) she is bitter
(d) she is a fascist
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Sordo's gun?
2. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
3. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
4. Who is Pilar jealous of?
5. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
2. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
3. Why is Pilar jealous of Maria and Robert Jordan?
4. What does Robert Jordan imagine his life to be as he thinks about what he will do after the war?
5. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
6. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
7. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
8. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
9. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
10. What has made Joaquin sad, so much that he begins to cry?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)