|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(a) tank tops
2. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
(a) Robert Jordan
3. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
(a) a pistol
(b) a semi-automatic
(c) a maquina
(d) a shotgun
4. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
5. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he contracts influenza
(b) he is burried alive
(c) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(d) he is killed behind enemy lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
2. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
3. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
4. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
5. Where is Sordo wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselmo think about while the fascist patrol keep warm?
2. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
3. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
4. What happens after Robert Jordan shoots the horseman?
5. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
6. After Robert Jordan tells Maria that he loves her, what does he begin to fear and why?
7. How does Primivito react to the outcome of the fighting at Sordo's?
8. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
9. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
10. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)