|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) how the barracks were attacked
(b) life before the war
(c) Pablo's hardships
(d) the home she dreams to have
2. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
(a) the gypsy
(b) Robert Jordan
3. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
(a) she is fiesty
(b) she is beautiful
(c) she is a fascist
(d) she is bitter
4. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
(a) the Republic
(b) a cause
(d) Robert Jordan
5. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
(b) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's papers does Robert Jordon examine?
2. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
3. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
4. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
5. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
2. What happens after Robert Jordan shoots the horseman?
3. What is the reason why Pablo has decided that he is for the train now?
4. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
5. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
6. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
7. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
8. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
9. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
10. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)