|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
(a) one of Sordo's men reports to him
(b) he can see the hilltop
(c) it is quiet
(d) he knows in his heart
2. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
(a) a wimp
(b) a hero
(c) a coward
(d) a king
3. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(d) being held prisoner
4. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
(a) toward the mountains
(b) three miles south
(c) through the woods, behind the gap
(d) keep them at the camp
5. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) read palms
(b) cause storms
(c) conduct ESP
(d) smell death
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
2. How does Robert Jordan describe what killing is to Spaniards?
3. Anselmo cannot write so Robert Jordan suggests that he do this instead to indicate enemy movement.
4. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
5. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert Jordan tell Primivito that they will do nothing about the attack on Sordo?
2. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
3. What sickens Robert Jordan the most as the cavalry pass by?
4. What did Pilar do to escape the attack at the barracks?
5. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
6. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
7. Who is Maria?
8. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
9. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
10. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)