|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the Republic
(c) a cause
2. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(b) the fascist patrol
(c) Pablo's band
(d) the guerillas
3. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
(a) the gypsy
(b) Robert Jordan
4. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
5. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) destroy the bridge in the night
(b) flee the country
(c) kill Pablo
(d) kill Pilar
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
2. What has happened to Maria that she feels Robert Jordan will not love her?
3. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
4. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
5. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sickens Robert Jordan the most as the cavalry pass by?
2. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
3. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
4. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
5. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
6. What did Pilar do to escape the attack at the barracks?
7. What has made Joaquin sad, so much that he begins to cry?
8. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
9. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
10. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)