|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose movements does Robert Jordan watch through a pair of field glasses as he studies the bridge?
(a) a fascist
(d) the sentry
2. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
3. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he contracts influenza
(b) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(c) he is killed behind enemy lines
(d) he is burried alive
4. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
(c) Robert Jordan
5. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) a fellow soldier
(b) a gypsy
(d) an enemy soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
2. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
3. How does Robert Jordan describe what killing is to Spaniards?
4. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
5. On the way to El Sordo, what does Robert Jordan inquire about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has made Joaquin sad, so much that he begins to cry?
2. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
3. What is the reason why Pablo has decided that he is for the train now?
4. After Robert Jordan tells Maria that he loves her, what does he begin to fear and why?
5. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
6. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
7. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
8. Why does Robert Jordan choose not to kill Pablo?
9. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
10. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)