|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
2. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(b) the cavalry
(c) high ranking officers
(d) the fascist footmen
3. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(b) he is burried alive
(c) he is killed behind enemy lines
(d) he contracts influenza
4. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) the home she dreams to have
(b) life before the war
(c) how the barracks were attacked
(d) Pablo's hardships
5. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
2. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
3. Who is Pilar jealous of?
4. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
5. Where do El Sordo and his men make their last stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
2. What does Anselmo think about while the fascist patrol keep warm?
3. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
4. What does Karkov learn when he arrives at his apartment in the Hotel Gaylord in Madrid?
5. How does Primivito react to the outcome of the fighting at Sordo's?
6. Maria is fearful of one thing upon marrying Robert Jordan. What is it and how does Robert Jordan react?
7. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
8. What begins to happen to Robert Jordan as he thinks more and more of Pablo?
9. Why does Karkov plan to drive to the front in the early morning hours before the offensive?
10. How did Robert Jordan's father kill himself?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)