|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) bad things would come 3 days later
(b) judgment day was upon them
(c) they would face arrest
(d) they would be forgiven
2. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
(a) he knows in his heart
(b) it is quiet
(c) one of Sordo's men reports to him
(d) he can see the hilltop
3. The two weak links, according to Agustin, are which characters?
(a) Pablo and the gypsy
(b) Pilar and the gypsy
(c) The gypsy and Maria
(d) the gypsy and Anselmo
4. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
5. What kind of tree does Robert Jordan cut down to use the boughs to make a bed, the smell reminding him of Missoula?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
2. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
3. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
4. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
5. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselmo think about while the fascist patrol keep warm?
2. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
3. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
4. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
5. Why does Robert Jordan tell Primivito that they will do nothing about the attack on Sordo?
6. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
7. What does Andres think about as he walks to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
8. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
9. Maria is fearful of one thing upon marrying Robert Jordan. What is it and how does Robert Jordan react?
10. How does Primivito react to the outcome of the fighting at Sordo's?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)