|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
(a) Robert Jordan
(c) Lieutenant Berrendo
2. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
(a) she is a fascist
(b) she is fiesty
(c) she is bitter
(d) she is beautiful
3. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
(a) keep them at the camp
(b) three miles south
(c) through the woods, behind the gap
(d) toward the mountains
4. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
(a) a military officer
(b) a bullfighter
(c) a lawyer
(d) a doctor
5. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
2. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
3. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
4. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
5. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
2. Who is Maria?
3. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
4. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
5. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
6. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
7. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
8. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
9. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
10. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)