|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
(a) a semi-automatic
(b) a pistol
(c) a shotgun
(d) a maquina
2. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the Republic
(c) a cause
3. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
4. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
5. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) conduct ESP
(b) read palms
(c) smell death
(d) cause storms
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
2. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
3. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
4. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
5. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
2. How does Primivito react to the outcome of the fighting at Sordo's?
3. What is the reason why Pablo has decided that he is for the train now?
4. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
5. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
6. What does Anselmo think about while the fascist patrol keep warm?
7. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
8. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
9. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
10. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)