|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert Jordan ask to catch the horse?
2. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
(a) a socialist nation
(d) people have a right to govern themselves
3. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
(a) one of Sordo's men reports to him
(b) he knows in his heart
(c) he can see the hilltop
(d) it is quiet
4. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
(a) a bullfighter
(b) a doctor
(c) a military officer
(d) a lawyer
5. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they make hearing difficult
(b) they might spot them on the ground
(c) they may release bombs
(d) they are a bad omen
Short Answer Questions
1. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
2. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
3. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
4. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
5. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pilar do to escape the attack at the barracks?
2. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
3. What is the reason why Pablo has decided that he is for the train now?
4. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
5. What has made Joaquin sad, so much that he begins to cry?
6. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
7. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
8. Is Sordo afraid to die? Explain.
9. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
10. Why does Robert Jordan tell Primivito that they will do nothing about the attack on Sordo?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)