|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
(a) a cause
(b) the Republic
(d) Robert Jordan
2. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) a communist
(b) an anarchist
(c) a Republican
(d) an anti-fascist
3. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
4. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
5. Anselmo cannot write so Robert Jordan suggests that he do this instead to indicate enemy movement.
(a) learn to write
(b) draw symbols and tally marks
(c) pass on the responsibility to Pablo
(d) use sign language
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
2. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
3. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
4. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
5. Who does Robert Jordan ask to catch the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
2. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
3. Who is Maria?
4. After Robert Jordan tells Maria that he loves her, what does he begin to fear and why?
5. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
6. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
7. What happens after Robert Jordan shoots the horseman?
8. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
9. What sickens Robert Jordan the most as the cavalry pass by?
10. What has made Joaquin sad, so much that he begins to cry?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)