|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to El Sordo, what does Robert Jordan inquire about?
(a) the begininng of the movement
(b) Pablo's protection over his people
(c) Pilar's knowledge of Maria
(d) Pilar and Pablo's wedding
2. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
(a) a shotgun
(b) a semi-automatic
(c) a maquina
(d) a pistol
3. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
4. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
(a) a slight
(b) an omen
(c) a coincidence
(d) a mistake
5. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
(b) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
2. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
3. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
4. What does Robert Jordan refuse to say to Maria as he senses danger approaching?
5. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
2. How does Primivito react to the outcome of the fighting at Sordo's?
3. What does Robert Jordan's dispatch to General Golz say?
4. What sickens Robert Jordan the most as the cavalry pass by?
5. Why does Pilar love the memory of Finito more than the reality of Pablo?
6. What does Robert Jordan wish he could talk to his grandfather about and hopefully receive some advice? What does he realize as a result of his thoughts?
7. Maria is fearful of one thing upon marrying Robert Jordan. What is it and how does Robert Jordan react?
8. Why is Robert Jordan angry with Pilar and himself when he learns Pablo stole the materials for the mission?
9. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
10. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)