|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is not completely dead on the hill?
2. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
3. Who is Pilar jealous of?
(a) Pilar and Pablo
(b) Maria and Robert Jordan
(d) Robert Jordan and Anselmo
4. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
(a) the sawmill
(b) the bridge
(d) the cavalry
5. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
(a) a mistake
(b) an omen
(c) a coincidence
(d) a slight
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
2. What is Anselmo doing as he walks back toward Pablo's camp?
3. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
4. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
5. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
2. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
3. Why does Robert Jordan choose not to kill Pablo?
4. Does Robert Jordan believe that men can see their fate? Why or why not?
5. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
6. Why is Pilar jealous of Maria and Robert Jordan?
7. How does Robert Jordan respond when Maria asks if he is a communist?
8. Why is Agustin relieved that he did not fire at all four horsemen, as he easily could?
9. Why does Robert Jordan tell Primivito that they will do nothing about the attack on Sordo?
10. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)