|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
2. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) an anti-fascist
(b) a communist
(c) a Republican
(d) an anarchist
3. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
4. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(c) tank tops
5. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
2. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
3. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
4. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
5. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pablo asks for proof of Robert Jordan's identity?
2. What happens to the men on the hill after the planes have passed?
3. Why does Robert Jordan choose not to kill Pablo?
4. After Robert Jordan tells Maria that he loves her, what does he begin to fear and why?
5. Agustin hopes for a massacre, but Robert Jordan tells him that without the bridge it would mean nothing. Why?
6. What does Robert Jordan imagine his life to be as he thinks about what he will do after the war?
7. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
8. What does Robert Jordan believe the root is of being vulnerable to corruption in war?
9. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
10. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)