|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
(a) starting a family
(b) the bridge
(c) getting married
(d) returning to America
2. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
(a) he is afraid to die
(b) he loves her
(c) he loves Pilar
(d) he won't kill Pablo
3. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
(b) Robert Jordan
4. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) the Republicans
(b) the Fascists
(c) Robert Jordan
(d) El Sordo
5. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar he saw on Kashkin's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. The two weak links, according to Agustin, are which characters?
2. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
3. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
4. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
5. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert Jordan choose not to kill Pablo?
2. What does Pilar reminisce about when she sits down to eat with Fernando?
3. What sickens Robert Jordan the most as the cavalry pass by?
4. Which characters does Agustin describe as dependable members of the group?
5. Who is Maria?
6. Why can't Maria go with Robert Jordan on the mission?
7. How does Primivito react to the outcome of the fighting at Sordo's?
8. Why does Pablo refuse to call Robert Jordan a professor?
9. What makes Maria feel like Robert Jordan will not love her?
10. Why is Pilar for the bridge?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)