Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
(a) Robert Jordan
2. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the General Staff
(c) the Republicans
3. What does Pilar think Joaquin sees when he looks at her?
(a) her ugliness
(b) her pride
(c) her grief
(d) her eyes
4. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
5. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(a) being held prisoner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert Jordan most want to see when he returns to Gaylords?
2. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
3. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
4. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
5. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to happen to Robert Jordan as he thinks more and more of Pablo?
2. How does Anselmo convince Robert Jordan to use the men he has instead of seek men from another camp to help him on his mission?
3. What does Robert Jordan learn as he examines the fascist cavalryman's papers?
4. What does Anselmo think about while the fascist patrol keep warm?
5. Maria is fearful of one thing upon marrying Robert Jordan. What is it and how does Robert Jordan react?
6. Does Golz receive the dispatch? Explain.
7. How do Maria's parent's react right before they are killed by the fascists?
8. What do Robert Jordan and Pablo discuss as they load the horses and prepare to leave?
9. How did Robert Jordan's father kill himself?
10. What is the ultimate reason Pablo returned to the cave?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)