|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(c) challenge and revenge
2. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
(a) the gypsy
(c) Robert Jordan
3. Where does Pablo speak of going as they prepare to leave the camp?
(b) the cave
(d) El Sordos
4. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
5. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
6. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his hand grenades
(b) his gun
(c) his canteen
(d) his belt
7. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
(a) he has confidence in Robert Jordan
(b) he will fight with Robert Jordan
(c) he trusts Robert Jordan
(d) he will fight alone
8. What is the only weapon Robert Jordan still kept that belonged to his grandfather?
(a) the dagger
(b) the knife
(c) the gun
(d) the saber
9. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) the concierge
(b) a Republican
(c) his mistress
(d) a fascist soldier
10. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) preparing for a test
(b) going to a funeral
(c) getting married
(d) going away to school
11. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(a) men shouting
(b) engines rolling
(c) bombs dropping
12. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
(a) the operation will succeed
(b) the operation will be cancelled
(c) the operation will not be cancelled
(d) the operation will fail
13. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
(a) that he was brave
(b) that he should be given more credit
(c) that he was a coward
(d) that he was a hero
14. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
(a) all Spanish people
(b) the Republicans
(c) the fascists
15. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(d) El Sordo
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
2. How many of Pablo's men have been killed?
3. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
4. How does Robert Jordan feel for leaving the sack full of explosives with Pilar?
5. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)