|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
(a) they think he is a traitor
(b) they know him as a friend
(c) they feel he is a confidant
(d) they do not trust him at first
2. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
(a) not having friends in the United States
(b) not being able to be a decent wife
(c) not having an education to speak of
(d) not being able to bear children for Robert Jordan
3. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
(a) the fascists will overtake Spain
(b) Pablo's plan
(c) the bridge will be blown
(d) the fascists will be exiled
4. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
(b) Robert Jordan
5. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(a) Robert Jordan
6. What does Pablo fear more than death?
7. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) good luck
(b) signs of encouragment
(c) bad omens
(d) signs of progress
8. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
9. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
(a) the grenade launcher
(b) the cannon
(c) the maquina
(d) the pistol
10. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
11. Who does Marty think Gomez and Andres work for?
(a) the Russians
(b) the Republicans
(c) the fascists
(d) the Americans
12. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) bread from his sack
(b) a slug of water
(c) two glasses of whiskey
(d) a warm beer
13. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
(a) a fleet of fascists leaving
(b) the planes take off
(c) the empty trucks roll in
(d) smoke rise up from the mountains
14. After Pilar's group returns, Robert Jordan learns of this man's death.
15. What is the predominant nature of the Spanish people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilar think about Robert Jordan's palm and what the gypsy has said?
2. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
3. Where does Robert Jordan lie to wait for daylight?
4. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
5. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)