|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were bombed in Segovia by the fascists?
(a) the enemy
(b) women and children
(d) their own troops
2. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
(a) the cannon
(b) the maquina
(c) the pistol
(d) the grenade launcher
3. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
(a) the door
(b) the window
(c) the bridge
(d) the archway
4. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
(b) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(c) he wants to quit his post
(d) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
5. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
(a) postpone the mission
(b) receive the dispatch directly
(c) communicate back to Robert Jordan
(d) to plan the attack
6. What does Andre Marty immediately order?
(a) to gather granades
(b) to pile machine guns into the trucks
(c) to employ troops to the bridge
(d) to arrest Gomez and Andres
7. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his canteen
(b) his gun
(c) his hand grenades
(d) his belt
8. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(c) challenge and revenge
9. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
10. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) two glasses of whiskey
(b) a warm beer
(c) bread from his sack
(d) a slug of water
11. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
12. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
(a) the explosives
(b) his gun
(c) his ring
(d) his papers
13. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
14. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
(a) Send support
(b) Surrender the battle
(c) Cancel the attack
(d) Move forward with the plan
15. What does Karkov do to save time before he drives to the front at two o'clock in the morning?
(a) tell his wife goodbye
(b) sleep in his clothes
(c) eat a late dinner
(d) send a correspondance to Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
2. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
3. What is the name of the lieutenant colonel?
4. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
5. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)