|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) his grandfather
(b) Sordo's last words of advice
(c) bull baiting as a young man
(d) the fascists
2. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
(c) Robert Jordan
(d) the gypsy
3. How many of Pablo's men have been killed?
(a) all of them
(b) two and one injured
4. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
5. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
(a) a hero
(b) a thief
(c) a coward
(d) a leader
6. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
(a) blow the bridge
(b) leave the bridge standing
(c) block the bridge with barracades
(d) lead the men across the bridge
7. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
8. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
(a) the bridge
(b) the window
(c) the archway
(d) the door
9. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(a) good fortune
(c) future children
(d) death to come
10. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
(a) not having an education to speak of
(b) not being able to bear children for Robert Jordan
(c) not having friends in the United States
(d) not being able to be a decent wife
11. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
(a) Robert Jordan will die
(b) the offensive will be sucessful
(c) there is no offensive planned
(d) they should retreat while they are alive
12. Maria asks if Robert Jordan wants to talk about his work, but Robert Jordan wants to talk about this city instead.
(c) New York City
13. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
(a) Move forward with the plan
(b) Cancel the attack
(c) Surrender the battle
(d) Send support
14. What does Pablo fear more than death?
15. What does Andre Marty immediately order?
(a) to gather granades
(b) to arrest Gomez and Andres
(c) to employ troops to the bridge
(d) to pile machine guns into the trucks
Short Answer Questions
1. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
2. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
3. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
4. What is the only weapon Robert Jordan still kept that belonged to his grandfather?
5. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)