|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) his mistress
(b) the concierge
(c) a Republican
(d) a fascist soldier
2. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
(a) a thief
(b) a leader
(c) a hero
(d) a coward
3. Where does Pablo lead the group?
(a) to the fascist camp
(b) to the hilltop
(c) to the spot where the horses will be left
(d) to the bridge
4. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(d) challenge and revenge
5. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
6. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
7. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
(a) the fascists
(c) all Spanish people
(d) the Republicans
8. What is the predominant nature of the Spanish people?
9. How does Robert Jordan feel for leaving the sack full of explosives with Pilar?
10. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
11. What does Robert Jordan lay up against waiting for the fascists to get closer, while holding his machine gun?
(a) a tree
(b) a tank
(c) the bridge
(d) a rock
12. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) signs of progress
(b) good luck
(c) signs of encouragment
(d) bad omens
13. What does Robert Jordan want to speak to his father about now that he has experienced battle?
14. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
15. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
(a) they do not trust him at first
(b) they know him as a friend
(c) they feel he is a confidant
(d) they think he is a traitor
Short Answer Questions
1. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
2. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
3. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
4. What does Andres think about when he thinks about life without war?
5. What is Robert Jordan doing when Anselmo finds him?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)