|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
(a) the bridge will be blown
(b) the fascists will be exiled
(c) the fascists will overtake Spain
(d) Pablo's plan
2. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) bad omens
(b) good luck
(c) signs of encouragment
(d) signs of progress
3. What is the predominant nature of the Spanish people?
4. What does Robert Jordan compare Anselmo and Agustin to?
(c) fellow teachers
5. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
6. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(a) challenge and revenge
7. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
(a) block the bridge with barracades
(b) lead the men across the bridge
(c) leave the bridge standing
(d) blow the bridge
8. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
(a) the Republicans
(b) the fascists
(d) all Spanish people
9. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
10. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) the attack on Sordo
(b) Robert Jordan's mission
(c) Pablo's fear
(d) Pilar's foolishness
11. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
(a) a leader
(b) a thief
(c) a coward
(d) a hero
12. What is the name of the man who is on his way to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
13. How does Robert Jordan feel for leaving the sack full of explosives with Pilar?
14. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the gypsy
15. How does Andres respond when Miranda asks about the movement?
(a) he does not speak
(b) he says the roads are quiet
(c) he tells her about Pablo
(d) he admits to chaos
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pablo speak of going as they prepare to leave the camp?
2. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
3. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
4. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
5. What title does Pablo introduce Robert Jordan as to his new men?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)