|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(a) challenge and revenge
2. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
(a) his gun
(b) his ring
(c) the explosives
(d) his papers
3. Why is Robert Jordan angry with himself when he finds out the explosives are missing?
(a) he knew PIlar could not be trusted
(b) he knew Pablo could not be trusted
(c) he should have hidden his pack
(d) he knew he could not trust himself
4. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) two glasses of whiskey
(b) a slug of water
(c) a warm beer
(d) bread from his sack
5. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
6. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(b) El Sordo
7. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(b) death to come
(c) good fortune
(d) future children
8. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
(a) go back to sleep
(b) find Pablo
(c) wake up the camp
(d) tell the gypsy
9. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(c) Robert Jordan
10. Where does Robert Jordan lie to wait for daylight?
(a) the woods
(b) the sand
(c) the grass
(d) the shrubs
11. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
(a) luck returning
(b) bad luck to come
12. What is the only weapon Robert Jordan still kept that belonged to his grandfather?
(a) the saber
(b) the dagger
(c) the knife
(d) the gun
13. Who makes several phone calls to finally reach Golz?
(a) Andre Marty
14. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
(b) Robert Jordan
15. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
(a) the fascists will be exiled
(b) Pablo's plan
(c) the fascists will overtake Spain
(d) the bridge will be blown
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
2. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
3. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
4. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
5. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)