|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert Jordan angry with himself when he finds out the explosives are missing?
(a) he knew PIlar could not be trusted
(b) he knew he could not trust himself
(c) he knew Pablo could not be trusted
(d) he should have hidden his pack
2. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
3. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
(a) the fascists
(b) the Republicans
(d) all Spanish people
4. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
5. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
(a) shave his head
(b) shoot him dead
(c) behead him
(d) drop a bomb on him
6. Where does Pablo lead the group?
(a) to the bridge
(b) to the hilltop
(c) to the spot where the horses will be left
(d) to the fascist camp
7. What does Andres think about when he thinks about life without war?
(a) raising partidges in the front yard
(b) raising a family
(c) moving to the United States
(d) starting a new career
8. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
(a) the fascists will overtake Spain
(b) the bridge will be blown
(c) Pablo's plan
(d) the fascists will be exiled
9. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(a) challenge and revenge
10. What is the name of the lieutenant colonel?
11. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) a fascist soldier
(b) a Republican
(c) the concierge
(d) his mistress
12. What does Robert Jordan want to speak to his father about now that he has experienced battle?
13. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
(a) bad luck to come
(d) luck returning
14. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
15. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(c) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
2. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
3. Who's influence has made Robert Jordan doubt the success of the mission?
4. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
5. What does Robert Jordan find missing when he checks his sack?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)