|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) the attack on Sordo
(b) Pablo's fear
(c) Robert Jordan's mission
(d) Pilar's foolishness
2. What does Robert Jordan find missing when he checks his sack?
(a) exploder and detonators
(b) shampoo and conditioner
(c) guns and ammunition
(d) food for the remainder of the stay
3. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
(a) the window
(b) the door
(c) the bridge
(d) the archway
4. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
(a) the offensive will be sucessful
(b) Robert Jordan will die
(c) they should retreat while they are alive
(d) there is no offensive planned
5. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
6. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) he wants to quit his post
(b) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
(c) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
(d) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
7. What does Andre Marty immediately order?
(a) to arrest Gomez and Andres
(b) to pile machine guns into the trucks
(c) to employ troops to the bridge
(d) to gather granades
8. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
9. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
(a) block the bridge with barracades
(b) leave the bridge standing
(c) blow the bridge
(d) lead the men across the bridge
10. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is cleaner
(b) because the Church still exists there
(c) because it is more cheerful
(d) because it is less dangerous than Spain
11. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(a) bombs dropping
(b) men shouting
(d) engines rolling
12. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his belt
(b) his canteen
(c) his hand grenades
(d) his gun
13. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) his grandfather
(b) the fascists
(c) Sordo's last words of advice
(d) bull baiting as a young man
14. What does Andres see coming down from the mountains?
(b) Pablo and his men
(c) empty trucks
(d) Robert Jordan
15. Who's influence has made Robert Jordan doubt the success of the mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Jordan's father kill himself with?
2. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
3. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
4. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
5. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)