|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
(a) a fleet of fascists leaving
(b) smoke rise up from the mountains
(c) the planes take off
(d) the empty trucks roll in
2. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
3. What does Andres see coming down from the mountains?
(a) Pablo and his men
(b) empty trucks
(d) Robert Jordan
4. What does Andres think about when he thinks about life without war?
(a) raising partidges in the front yard
(b) raising a family
(c) starting a new career
(d) moving to the United States
5. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
(a) lead the men across the bridge
(b) block the bridge with barracades
(c) blow the bridge
(d) leave the bridge standing
6. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is more cheerful
(b) because the Church still exists there
(c) because it is cleaner
(d) because it is less dangerous than Spain
7. After Pilar's group returns, Robert Jordan learns of this man's death.
8. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
(a) a fascist
(b) the devil
(c) Judas Iscariot
9. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
(a) the operation will be cancelled
(b) the operation will succeed
(c) the operation will fail
(d) the operation will not be cancelled
10. What does Maria's mother pledge before she is killed by the fascists?
(a) her allegiance to her husband
(b) her allegiance to the Republic
(c) her allegiance to her daughters
(d) her allegiance to her country
11. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
(c) the gypsy
(d) Robert Jordan
12. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
(a) that she will make love to him
(b) that he would not die today
(c) that the gypsy will be proven wrong
(d) that Pablo will be killed
13. Where does Pablo lead the group?
(a) to the fascist camp
(b) to the hilltop
(c) to the spot where the horses will be left
(d) to the bridge
14. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(a) bombs dropping
(b) men shouting
(d) engines rolling
15. Who does Marty think Gomez and Andres work for?
(a) the Republicans
(b) the Americans
(c) the Russians
(d) the fascists
Short Answer Questions
1. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
2. Who were bombed in Segovia by the fascists?
3. At what hotel is Karkov staying at in Madrid?
4. What do the fascists do to Maria and her sister after their parents were killed?
5. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)