|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) the concierge
(b) a fascist soldier
(c) his mistress
(d) a Republican
2. What does the general tell Karkov they should receive this very night?
(a) a visit from Pilar
(b) a report from Robert Jordan
(c) Robert Jordan's arrival
(d) the gypsy's blessing
3. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
4. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(a) El Sordo
5. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) his grandfather
(b) the fascists
(c) Sordo's last words of advice
(d) bull baiting as a young man
6. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
7. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
(b) the Republicans
(c) the fascists
(d) all Spanish people
8. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his belt
(b) his canteen
(c) his hand grenades
(d) his gun
9. What does Pablo fear more than death?
10. What title does Pablo introduce Robert Jordan as to his new men?
(a) the soldier
(b) the dynamiter
(c) the American
(d) the boss
11. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
(a) tell the gypsy
(b) wake up the camp
(c) find Pablo
(d) go back to sleep
12. Who does Pilar blame when she finds out Pablo took the explosives?
(b) the gypsy
(d) Robert Jordan
13. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
(a) he will fight alone
(b) he trusts Robert Jordan
(c) he has confidence in Robert Jordan
(d) he will fight with Robert Jordan
14. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
(a) not being able to be a decent wife
(b) not having an education to speak of
(c) not having friends in the United States
(d) not being able to bear children for Robert Jordan
15. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
(a) the operation will fail
(b) the operation will not be cancelled
(c) the operation will be cancelled
(d) the operation will succeed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres think about when he thinks about life without war?
2. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
3. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
4. Where does Robert Jordan lie to wait for daylight?
5. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)