|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(b) Robert Jordan
2. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
(a) he has confidence in Robert Jordan
(b) he will fight with Robert Jordan
(c) he trusts Robert Jordan
(d) he will fight alone
3. What does Robert Jordan think Pablo's return is a sign of?
(b) bad luck to come
(c) luck returning
4. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) two glasses of whiskey
(b) a warm beer
(c) bread from his sack
(d) a slug of water
5. What is the name of the French army officer?
(c) Andre Marty
6. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
(a) Send support
(b) Move forward with the plan
(c) Surrender the battle
(d) Cancel the attack
7. What did Robert Jordan's father kill himself with?
(a) a rope by hanging
(b) Jordan's grandfather's gun
(d) Jordan's grandfather's knife
8. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
(a) the operation will not be cancelled
(b) the operation will fail
(c) the operation will be cancelled
(d) the operation will succeed
9. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is cleaner
(b) because the Church still exists there
(c) because it is less dangerous than Spain
(d) because it is more cheerful
10. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
(a) tell the gypsy
(b) go back to sleep
(c) wake up the camp
(d) find Pablo
11. Who's influence has made Robert Jordan doubt the success of the mission?
12. What does Robert Jordan want to speak to his father about now that he has experienced battle?
13. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(a) future children
(b) good fortune
(d) death to come
14. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(b) engines rolling
(c) bombs dropping
(d) men shouting
15. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
2. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
3. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
4. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
5. Where does Robert Jordan lie to wait for daylight?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)