|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) he wants to quit his post
(b) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(c) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
(d) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
2. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
(a) the explosives
(b) his gun
(c) his ring
(d) his papers
3. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) Pilar's foolishness
(b) Robert Jordan's mission
(c) Pablo's fear
(d) the attack on Sordo
4. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) his grandfather
(b) Sordo's last words of advice
(c) bull baiting as a young man
(d) the fascists
5. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) going away to school
(b) getting married
(c) going to a funeral
(d) preparing for a test
6. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
(a) the operation will succeed
(b) the operation will fail
(c) the operation will be cancelled
(d) the operation will not be cancelled
7. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) the concierge
(b) a fascist soldier
(c) his mistress
(d) a Republican
8. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
9. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(c) challenge and revenge
10. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
(a) that she will make love to him
(b) that Pablo will be killed
(c) that he would not die today
(d) that the gypsy will be proven wrong
11. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
(a) the horns
(b) the tail
(c) the hoof
(d) the ear
12. Who were bombed in Segovia by the fascists?
(a) their own troops
(c) women and children
(d) the enemy
13. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is cleaner
(b) because it is more cheerful
(c) because it is less dangerous than Spain
(d) because the Church still exists there
14. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
(a) Robert Jordan will die
(b) they should retreat while they are alive
(c) there is no offensive planned
(d) the offensive will be sucessful
15. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
(a) communicate back to Robert Jordan
(b) receive the dispatch directly
(c) to plan the attack
(d) postpone the mission
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
2. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
3. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
4. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
5. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)