|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan leave with Agustin, but warns not to use until the fighting is over?
(c) camoflague fatigues
2. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
(a) The band of Pablo
(b) The Americans
(c) The Republicans
(d) The Fascists
3. What does Karkov do to save time before he drives to the front at two o'clock in the morning?
(a) eat a late dinner
(b) tell his wife goodbye
(c) sleep in his clothes
(d) send a correspondance to Robert Jordan
4. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) his grandfather
(b) bull baiting as a young man
(c) Sordo's last words of advice
(d) the fascists
5. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
6. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
(c) Robert Jordan
7. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
8. Why is Robert Jordan angry with himself when he finds out the explosives are missing?
(a) he knew Pablo could not be trusted
(b) he should have hidden his pack
(c) he knew he could not trust himself
(d) he knew PIlar could not be trusted
9. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
(a) behead him
(b) shave his head
(c) shoot him dead
(d) drop a bomb on him
10. What is the name of the commander who listens to and believes Andres' story?
11. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) Robert Jordan's mission
(b) the attack on Sordo
(c) Pilar's foolishness
(d) Pablo's fear
12. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
(a) how he will chastise Pilar for failing
(b) how he will marry Maria
(c) how he will blow up the bridge
(d) how he will get vengence on Pablo
13. What does Robert Jordan compare Anselmo and Agustin to?
(c) fellow teachers
14. After Pilar's group returns, Robert Jordan learns of this man's death.
15. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
(a) they think he is a traitor
(b) they do not trust him at first
(c) they feel he is a confidant
(d) they know him as a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan feel certain about as he approaches Primivito?
2. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
3. What does Andre Marty immediately order?
4. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
5. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)