|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(b) good fortune
(c) death to come
(d) future children
2. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(b) men shouting
(c) bombs dropping
(d) engines rolling
3. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
4. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) Robert Jordan's mission
(b) Pablo's fear
(c) Pilar's foolishness
(d) the attack on Sordo
5. After Pilar's group returns, Robert Jordan learns of this man's death.
6. What is Robert Jordan doing when Anselmo finds him?
(a) crying alone
(b) sleeping on the hillside
(c) writing in his notebook
7. What does Maria's mother pledge before she is killed by the fascists?
(a) her allegiance to her daughters
(b) her allegiance to her country
(c) her allegiance to her husband
(d) her allegiance to the Republic
8. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is more cheerful
(b) because it is cleaner
(c) because the Church still exists there
(d) because it is less dangerous than Spain
9. What is the only weapon Robert Jordan still kept that belonged to his grandfather?
(a) the dagger
(b) the gun
(c) the knife
(d) the saber
10. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
(a) a hero
(b) a thief
(c) a leader
(d) a coward
11. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
(a) the planes take off
(b) smoke rise up from the mountains
(c) the empty trucks roll in
(d) a fleet of fascists leaving
12. How many of Pablo's men have been killed?
(a) two and one injured
(d) all of them
13. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
(a) how he will blow up the bridge
(b) how he will marry Maria
(c) how he will get vengence on Pablo
(d) how he will chastise Pilar for failing
14. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(b) El Sordo
15. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
(a) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pablo speak of going as they prepare to leave the camp?
2. What does Robert Jordon hope General Golz will do when he receives his dispatch?
3. What does Karkov do to save time before he drives to the front at two o'clock in the morning?
4. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
5. Where does Pablo lead the group?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)