|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
2. What does Robert Jordan compare Anselmo and Agustin to?
(a) fellow teachers
3. What does Robert Jordan lay up against waiting for the fascists to get closer, while holding his machine gun?
(a) the bridge
(b) a tree
(c) a tank
(d) a rock
4. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
(a) they know him as a friend
(b) they think he is a traitor
(c) they do not trust him at first
(d) they feel he is a confidant
5. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(b) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
(c) he wants to quit his post
(d) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
6. How does Andres respond when Miranda asks about the movement?
(a) he admits to chaos
(b) he tells her about Pablo
(c) he does not speak
(d) he says the roads are quiet
7. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
(a) that he was brave
(b) that he was a coward
(c) that he should be given more credit
(d) that he was a hero
8. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(a) death to come
(c) good fortune
(d) future children
9. What is the predominant nature of the Spanish people?
10. What does Robert Jordan find missing when he checks his sack?
(a) exploder and detonators
(b) shampoo and conditioner
(c) food for the remainder of the stay
(d) guns and ammunition
11. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
(a) communicate back to Robert Jordan
(b) to plan the attack
(c) postpone the mission
(d) receive the dispatch directly
12. What does Robert Jordan want to speak to his father about now that he has experienced battle?
13. Who makes several phone calls to finally reach Golz?
(a) Andre Marty
14. Where does Pablo lead the group?
(a) to the spot where the horses will be left
(b) to the fascist camp
(c) to the hilltop
(d) to the bridge
15. At what hotel is Karkov staying at in Madrid?
(a) Hotel Gaylord
(b) Hotel Arroyo
(c) Hotel Madrid
(d) Hotel Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Pablo's men have been killed?
2. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
3. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
4. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
5. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)