|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hotel is Karkov staying at in Madrid?
(a) Hotel Gaylord
(b) Hotel Francisco
(c) Hotel Madrid
(d) Hotel Arroyo
2. How does Andres respond when Miranda asks about the movement?
(a) he does not speak
(b) he says the roads are quiet
(c) he admits to chaos
(d) he tells her about Pablo
3. Maria's father yells out "Viva la Republica" before this event happens.
(a) his daughters' heads are shaved
(b) he kills two fascist soldiers
(c) he is shot by the fascists
(d) his wife is shot by the fascists
4. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) a slug of water
(b) a warm beer
(c) bread from his sack
(d) two glasses of whiskey
5. Miranda writers orders to help get the dispatch delivered to which character?
(a) Robert Jordan
6. What does Robert Jordan leave with Agustin, but warns not to use until the fighting is over?
(b) camoflague fatigues
7. What does Robert Jordan find missing when he checks his sack?
(a) food for the remainder of the stay
(b) shampoo and conditioner
(c) guns and ammunition
(d) exploder and detonators
8. Where does Pablo speak of going as they prepare to leave the camp?
(a) the cave
(c) El Sordos
9. What does the general tell Karkov they should receive this very night?
(a) Robert Jordan's arrival
(b) the gypsy's blessing
(c) a visit from Pilar
(d) a report from Robert Jordan
10. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
(a) The Americans
(b) The Republicans
(c) The band of Pablo
(d) The Fascists
11. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
12. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
(a) how he will marry Maria
(b) how he will blow up the bridge
(c) how he will get vengence on Pablo
(d) how he will chastise Pilar for failing
13. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
14. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(a) men shouting
(c) bombs dropping
(d) engines rolling
15. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
2. What does Andres think about as he walks?
3. Who does Marty think Gomez and Andres work for?
4. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
5. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)