|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
(a) that he should be given more credit
(b) that he was a coward
(c) that he was a hero
(d) that he was brave
2. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
(c) Robert Jordan
3. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his gun
(b) his hand grenades
(c) his belt
(d) his canteen
4. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
(d) Robert Jordan
5. Where does Robert Jordan lie to wait for daylight?
(a) the grass
(b) the shrubs
(c) the woods
(d) the sand
6. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(a) good fortune
(b) death to come
(c) future children
7. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
(a) they should retreat while they are alive
(b) the offensive will be sucessful
(c) there is no offensive planned
(d) Robert Jordan will die
8. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) he wants to quit his post
(b) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
(c) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
(d) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
9. What is the name of the commander who listens to and believes Andres' story?
10. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
(a) that the gypsy will be proven wrong
(b) that Pablo will be killed
(c) that he would not die today
(d) that she will make love to him
11. What does Robert Jordan compare the feeling of going into battle with?
(a) going away to school
(b) going to a funeral
(c) getting married
(d) preparing for a test
12. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
13. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
14. What does Robert Jordan find missing when he checks his sack?
(a) shampoo and conditioner
(b) exploder and detonators
(c) guns and ammunition
(d) food for the remainder of the stay
15. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
2. What did Robert Jordan's father kill himself with?
3. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
4. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
5. How does Andres respond when Miranda asks about the movement?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)