|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marty think Gomez and Andres work for?
(a) the Americans
(b) the Republicans
(c) the fascists
(d) the Russians
2. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is less dangerous than Spain
(b) because it is cleaner
(c) because the Church still exists there
(d) because it is more cheerful
3. What is the name of the commander who listens to and believes Andres' story?
4. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
(a) that he was brave
(b) that he was a coward
(c) that he was a hero
(d) that he should be given more credit
5. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
6. What does Robert Jordan compare Anselmo and Agustin to?
(a) fellow teachers
7. How does Robert Jordan feel when he thinks about Pablo and the explosives?
8. What does Maria's mother pledge before she is killed by the fascists?
(a) her allegiance to her daughters
(b) her allegiance to the Republic
(c) her allegiance to her husband
(d) her allegiance to her country
9. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
(a) a fleet of fascists leaving
(b) the planes take off
(c) smoke rise up from the mountains
(d) the empty trucks roll in
10. What does Robert Jordan give Anselmo as he tells him what he saw on the hill?
(a) two glasses of whiskey
(b) bread from his sack
(c) a warm beer
(d) a slug of water
11. How does Gomez transport Andres to see the lieutenant colonel?
12. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
(a) the maquina
(b) the pistol
(c) the cannon
(d) the grenade launcher
13. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
(b) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
(c) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(d) he wants to quit his post
14. What part of Robert Jordan's body is broken?
15. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Jordan feels anger toward Pablo but he also feels anger toward whom?
2. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
4. When the metal stops falling, Robert Jordan sees that the middle of the bridge is gone and this man is dead.
5. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)