|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(b) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
(c) he wants to quit his post
(d) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
2. What does Golz watch as he receives the dispatch?
(a) a fleet of fascists leaving
(b) smoke rise up from the mountains
(c) the planes take off
(d) the empty trucks roll in
3. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
4. Where does Pablo lead the group?
(a) to the hilltop
(b) to the fascist camp
(c) to the spot where the horses will be left
(d) to the bridge
5. What does Robert Jordan lay up against waiting for the fascists to get closer, while holding his machine gun?
(a) a rock
(b) a tree
(c) a tank
(d) the bridge
6. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
(a) The Republicans
(b) The band of Pablo
(c) The Fascists
(d) The Americans
7. After Robert Jordan calms himself regarding Pablo's actions, what does he begin to think about?
(a) how he will get vengence on Pablo
(b) how he will chastise Pilar for failing
(c) how he will marry Maria
(d) how he will blow up the bridge
8. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(b) engines rolling
(c) men shouting
(d) bombs dropping
9. What does Pablo fear more than death?
10. How many of Pablo's men have been killed?
(a) all of them
(b) two and one injured
11. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
(a) the tail
(b) the horns
(c) the hoof
(d) the ear
12. What does Pilar think about Robert Jordan's palm and what the gypsy has said?
(a) its all nonsense
(b) it will all come true
(c) it will come to pass
(d) it is the most important information
13. What is the only weapon Robert Jordan still kept that belonged to his grandfather?
(a) the knife
(b) the saber
(c) the dagger
(d) the gun
14. What does the general tell Karkov they should receive this very night?
(a) a report from Robert Jordan
(b) the gypsy's blessing
(c) a visit from Pilar
(d) Robert Jordan's arrival
15. What does Robert Jordan want to speak to his father about now that he has experienced battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
2. Who first recognizes Pepe and Elicio?
3. Who makes several phone calls to finally reach Golz?
4. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
5. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)