|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
(a) the explosives
(b) his ring
(c) his gun
(d) his papers
2. Who does Andres tell the guard he is associated with?
(a) The Republicans
(b) The band of Pablo
(c) The Americans
(d) The Fascists
3. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(a) challenge and revenge
4. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
5. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
6. What is the predominant nature of the Spanish people?
7. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) good luck
(b) signs of encouragment
(c) bad omens
(d) signs of progress
8. What kind of man does Robert Jordan think his father was?
(a) a thief
(b) a hero
(c) a leader
(d) a coward
9. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
(a) he trusts Robert Jordan
(b) he will fight with Robert Jordan
(c) he will fight alone
(d) he has confidence in Robert Jordan
10. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
(b) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(c) he wants to quit his post
(d) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
11. How many of Pablo's men have been killed?
(b) all of them
(c) two and one injured
12. What does Robert Jordan lay up against waiting for the fascists to get closer, while holding his machine gun?
(a) a tank
(b) a rock
(c) a tree
(d) the bridge
13. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) Robert Jordan's mission
(b) Pablo's fear
(c) Pilar's foolishness
(d) the attack on Sordo
14. What emotion ultimately brings Pablo back to his people?
15. How does Andres respond when Miranda asks about the movement?
(a) he admits to chaos
(b) he tells her about Pablo
(c) he says the roads are quiet
(d) he does not speak
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andres think of himself as a bullfighter?
2. Robert Jordan begins to think that they all will be killed, but what will succeed?
3. How do the guards at the government post feel about Andres?
4. How does Robert Jordan feel for leaving the sack full of explosives with Pilar?
5. At what hotel is Karkov staying at in Madrid?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)