|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andres think about as he walks?
(a) bull baiting as a young man
(b) Sordo's last words of advice
(c) his grandfather
(d) the fascists
2. What is Robert Jordan doing when Anselmo finds him?
(a) sleeping on the hillside
(b) crying alone
(c) writing in his notebook
3. What does Pilar think about Robert Jordan's palm and what the gypsy has said?
(a) its all nonsense
(b) it is the most important information
(c) it will all come true
(d) it will come to pass
4. What is the name of the commander who listens to and believes Andres' story?
5. What does the Spanish officer tell Karkov's wife about the offensive?
(a) the offensive will be sucessful
(b) there is no offensive planned
(c) Robert Jordan will die
(d) they should retreat while they are alive
6. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(a) El Sordo
7. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
8. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
(a) shave his head
(b) drop a bomb on him
(c) behead him
(d) shoot him dead
9. As Robert Jordan is walking down to the post to speak to Primivito what does he realize that Golz does not have the power to do?
(a) to plan the attack
(b) communicate back to Robert Jordan
(c) postpone the mission
(d) receive the dispatch directly
10. What does Maria think that the love she shares with Robert Jordan is a sign of?
(a) good fortune
(b) death to come
(c) future children
11. What does Pablo fear more than death?
12. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
(a) a fascist
(b) the devil
(c) Judas Iscariot
13. Who were bombed in Segovia by the fascists?
(a) the enemy
(c) their own troops
(d) women and children
14. Who arrives at the headquarters to ask Andre Marty about the dispatch?
(a) Robert Jordan
15. Where does Pablo speak of going as they prepare to leave the camp?
(b) the cave
(d) El Sordos
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Jordan's father kill himself with?
2. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
3. Robert Jordan and Anselmo plan to take out the guards, but if they do not, Agustin is assigned to shoot them through this.
4. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
5. What does Andres see coming down from the mountains?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)