|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes several phone calls to finally reach Golz?
(d) Andre Marty
2. Whose grenades does Robert Jordan decide to use?
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Robert Jordan?
4. Robert Jordan claims he is not superstitious, be he views the planes and fascist activity as what?
(a) signs of encouragment
(b) good luck
(c) bad omens
(d) signs of progress
5. What does Robert Jordan hope to say in his dispatch to General Golz?
(a) Jordan is sending Anselmo for aide
(b) he wants to quit his post
(c) he wants to warn the general about the bridge
(d) Jordan will leave for the United States in the morning
6. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) a Republican
(b) a fascist soldier
(c) the concierge
(d) his mistress
7. What does Robert Jordan lay up against waiting for the fascists to get closer, while holding his machine gun?
(a) a tree
(b) a tank
(c) the bridge
(d) a rock
8. Who's influence has made Robert Jordan doubt the success of the mission?
9. What is the name of the man who is on his way to Golz, carrying a message from Robert Jordan?
10. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
(a) tell the gypsy
(b) wake up the camp
(c) find Pablo
(d) go back to sleep
11. Who does Robert Jordan decide to send to Navacerrada?
12. What does Maria's mother pledge before she is killed by the fascists?
(a) her allegiance to her country
(b) her allegiance to the Republic
(c) her allegiance to her husband
(d) her allegiance to her daughters
13. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
(a) that the gypsy will be proven wrong
(b) that she will make love to him
(c) that Pablo will be killed
(d) that he would not die today
14. What does Pilar think about Robert Jordan's palm and what the gypsy has said?
(a) it is the most important information
(b) it will come to pass
(c) its all nonsense
(d) it will all come true
15. One officer agrees to show Andres inside the post, but insists on carrying this piece of equipment as they walk.
(a) his canteen
(b) his belt
(c) his gun
(d) his hand grenades
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pablo fear more than death?
2. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
3. What did Robert Jordan's father kill himself with?
4. What character does Pilar compare Pablo to based on his actions?
5. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)