|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan silently wish why lying in Maria's arms.
(a) that she will make love to him
(b) that the gypsy will be proven wrong
(c) that Pablo will be killed
(d) that he would not die today
2. What emotion does Pilar think Pablo is showing by trying to stop the bridge?
3. What does Robert Jordan demand Anselmo do to the bridge, even if Robert Jordan has not finished.
(a) block the bridge with barracades
(b) leave the bridge standing
(c) blow the bridge
(d) lead the men across the bridge
4. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
(a) men shouting
(b) bombs dropping
(d) engines rolling
5. After Pilar's group returns, Robert Jordan learns of this man's death.
6. Why is Robert Jordan angry with himself when he finds out the explosives are missing?
(a) he knew he could not trust himself
(b) he knew PIlar could not be trusted
(c) he knew Pablo could not be trusted
(d) he should have hidden his pack
7. What does the guard threaten to do to Andres when he arrives at the government position?
(a) shave his head
(b) behead him
(c) shoot him dead
(d) drop a bomb on him
8. Who appears at the entrance to the cave?
(d) El Sordo
9. What event does Andres tell the government about that they did not know?
(a) Pablo's fear
(b) Robert Jordan's mission
(c) the attack on Sordo
(d) Pilar's foolishness
10. What does Robert Jordan want to speak to his father about now that he has experienced battle?
11. What does Andres think when he sees the government position ahead?
(d) challenge and revenge
12. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
(a) find Pablo
(b) wake up the camp
(c) tell the gypsy
(d) go back to sleep
13. What does Andres show the government to prove his identity?
(a) his ring
(b) the explosives
(c) his papers
(d) his gun
14. How does Robert Jordan feel for leaving the sack full of explosives with Pilar?
15. Andres remembers he held this part of the bull to help an injured man.
(a) the tail
(b) the horns
(c) the ear
(d) the hoof
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes several phone calls to finally reach Golz?
2. What does Robert Jordan NOT believe in?
3. What device is Pablo assigned to handle?
4. What does Pablo say to Robert Jordan despite the obvious movement of weapons and troops?
5. What does Pablo fear more than death?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)