|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) an enemy soldier
(c) a gypsy
(d) a fellow soldier
2. What is Anselmo doing as he walks back toward Pablo's camp?
3. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
4. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) the Republicans
(b) El Sordo
(c) the Fascists
(d) Robert Jordan
5. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(b) Pablo's band
(c) the fascist patrol
(d) the guerillas
6. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(a) the cavalry
(b) the fascist footmen
(c) high ranking officers
7. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
(a) the decision was made in poor judgment
(b) the decision shows good judgement
(c) Pilar should have killed Pablo
(d) Robert Jordan should have killed Pablo
8. What kind of tree does Robert Jordan cut down to use the boughs to make a bed, the smell reminding him of Missoula?
9. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) judgment day was upon them
(b) they would face arrest
(c) bad things would come 3 days later
(d) they would be forgiven
10. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
(c) El Sordo
11. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) the Republicans
(c) Robert Jordan
(d) the General Staff
12. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
13. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
14. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
15. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
(a) to rally troops
(b) to ambush the enemy
(c) to blow up an enemy bridge
(d) to build diplomatic relations
Short Answer Questions
1. Fernando remembers talks about the movement in La Ganja that allude to the Republic planning this.
2. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
3. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
4. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
5. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)