|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
(a) a military officer
(b) a bullfighter
(c) a lawyer
(d) a doctor
2. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
(b) He was born into the military
(c) Once when he was a boy
3. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
4. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) cause storms
(b) conduct ESP
(c) read palms
(d) smell death
5. Who has Sordo's gun?
(a) Lieutenant Berrendo
(c) a nameless fascist
6. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
(a) La Granja
(d) back to the camp
7. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
(c) a socialist nation
(d) people have a right to govern themselves
8. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
(a) he loves her
(b) he loves Pilar
(c) he won't kill Pablo
(d) he is afraid to die
9. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
(a) His men are against the bridge
(b) He and his men are angry about the bridge
(c) He supports the bridge
(d) He wants to participate in destroying the bridge
10. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
(a) toward the mountains
(b) keep them at the camp
(c) through the woods, behind the gap
(d) three miles south
11. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
(c) Robert Jordan
(d) Lieutenant Berrendo
12. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
(a) Pilar should have killed Pablo
(b) the decision was made in poor judgment
(c) the decision shows good judgement
(d) Robert Jordan should have killed Pablo
13. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
(a) a king
(b) a hero
(c) a wimp
(d) a coward
14. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
15. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do El Sordo and his men make their last stand?
2. Who's papers does Robert Jordon examine?
3. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
4. What has happened to Maria that she feels Robert Jordan will not love her?
5. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)