|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) the Republicans
(b) Robert Jordan
(d) the General Staff
2. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) cause storms
(b) read palms
(c) smell death
(d) conduct ESP
3. What does Robert Jordan wake in the morning to hear?
(a) Pablo stirring
(c) a snow storm
(d) a horse coming
4. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they make hearing difficult
(b) they may release bombs
(c) they are a bad omen
(d) they might spot them on the ground
5. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
6. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(d) being held prisoner
7. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(b) tank tops
8. Who first offers to kill Pablo?
(c) Robert Jordan
9. Who does Maria visit in the night?
(d) Robert Jordan
10. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
(a) to wound Pilar
(b) to kill Pablo
(c) not to kill Pablo
(d) to wound Pablo
11. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
(a) Robert Jordan should have killed Pablo
(b) the decision was made in poor judgment
(c) Pilar should have killed Pablo
(d) the decision shows good judgement
12. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
13. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
(a) getting married
(b) returning to America
(c) starting a family
(d) the bridge
14. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
15. What is Anselmo doing as he walks back toward Pablo's camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
2. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
3. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
4. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
5. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)