|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
2. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(b) Pablo's band
(c) the fascist patrol
(d) the guerillas
3. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
(a) toward the mountains
(b) through the woods, behind the gap
(c) three miles south
(d) keep them at the camp
4. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
(a) Robert Jordan
(c) Lieutenant Berrendo
5. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(a) the fascist footmen
(c) high ranking officers
(d) the cavalry
6. What does Robert Jordan say they will do about the attack on Sordo?
(a) ambush the enemy
(c) find horses
(d) invade the camp
7. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
(d) Robert Jordan
8. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
(a) El Sordo
9. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(b) tank tops
10. What is the name of the man who is not completely dead on the hill?
11. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar he saw on Kashkin's face?
12. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(c) being held prisoner
13. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) they would be forgiven
(b) judgment day was upon them
(c) bad things would come 3 days later
(d) they would face arrest
14. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) the home she dreams to have
(b) Pablo's hardships
(c) life before the war
(d) how the barracks were attacked
15. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
2. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
3. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
4. What does Robert Jordan refuse to say to Maria as he senses danger approaching?
5. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)