|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) bad things would come 3 days later
(b) judgment day was upon them
(c) they would face arrest
(d) they would be forgiven
2. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he is killed behind enemy lines
(b) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(c) he contracts influenza
(d) he is burried alive
3. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
(a) the cavarly retreats
(b) the cavalry charge the hill
(c) the cavalry shoots and throws grenades
(d) the soldiers reload
4. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) kill Pilar
(b) destroy the bridge in the night
(c) kill Pablo
(d) flee the country
5. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
(a) kidnap Pablo
(b) cripple Pablo
(c) blind Pablo
(d) drug Pablo
6. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
7. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
8. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
(a) to rally troops
(b) to ambush the enemy
(c) to blow up an enemy bridge
(d) to build diplomatic relations
9. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(c) being held prisoner
10. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
11. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
(a) Pablo's horse returning
(b) Pilar crying
(c) the gunfire at Sordos
(d) approaching planes
12. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
(d) Robert Jordan
13. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
14. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
15. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
(a) a coincidence
(b) an omen
(c) a slight
(d) a mistake
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
2. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
3. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
4. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
5. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)