|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the Republicans
(c) the General Staff
2. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
3. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
4. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
(a) the fascists
5. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) Pablo's hardships
(b) how the barracks were attacked
(c) the home she dreams to have
(d) life before the war
6. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
(b) Robert Jordan
7. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
8. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(a) the guerillas
(c) the fascist patrol
(d) Pablo's band
9. Who has Sordo's gun?
(a) a nameless fascist
(d) Lieutenant Berrendo
10. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
(a) the cavalry
(b) the bridge
(d) the sawmill
11. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
(a) drug Pablo
(b) blind Pablo
(c) cripple Pablo
(d) kidnap Pablo
12. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
(a) a hero
(b) a coward
(c) a wimp
(d) a king
13. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
14. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
15. Where is Sordo wounded?
(a) his leg and elbow
(b) his collarbone
(c) his leg and left arm
(d) his chest
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
2. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
3. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
4. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
5. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)