|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
2. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
(a) people have a right to govern themselves
(c) a socialist nation
3. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) the Republicans
(b) Robert Jordan
(c) the Fascists
(d) El Sordo
4. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
(a) La Granja
(b) back to the camp
5. What has happened to Maria that she feels Robert Jordan will not love her?
(a) she has been married
(b) she has commited a crime
(c) she had been dishonest
(d) she has been raped
6. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
7. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
8. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
(a) they are communists
(b) they cannot be trusted
(c) they are engaged
(d) they are traitors
9. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
10. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
(a) Robert Jordan
11. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
(a) He wants to participate in destroying the bridge
(b) He and his men are angry about the bridge
(c) His men are against the bridge
(d) He supports the bridge
12. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) the Republicans
(b) the General Staff
(c) Robert Jordan
13. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
(d) Robert Jordan
14. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) an enemy soldier
(c) a fellow soldier
(d) a gypsy
15. What does Robert Jordan say they will do about the attack on Sordo?
(a) invade the camp
(c) find horses
(d) ambush the enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
2. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
3. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
4. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
5. What is the name of the man who is not completely dead on the hill?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)