Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
(a) Robert Jordan
2. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the General Staff
(c) the Republicans
3. What does Pilar think Joaquin sees when he looks at her?
(a) her ugliness
(b) her pride
(c) her grief
(d) her eyes
4. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
5. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(a) being held prisoner
6. Who does Robert Jordan most want to see when he returns to Gaylords?
7. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
8. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
(a) He wants to participate in destroying the bridge
(b) His men are against the bridge
(c) He and his men are angry about the bridge
(d) He supports the bridge
9. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
10. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) a gypsy
(c) a fellow soldier
(d) an enemy soldier
11. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
(c) Sordo's rifle
(d) a pistol
12. What is Anselmo doing as he walks back toward Pablo's camp?
13. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
(d) the fascists
14. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
(a) Maria being taken away from him
(b) The fascists have won
(c) Kashkin cursing him
(d) Pablo plotting his death
15. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
(a) a cause
(b) the Republic
(d) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
2. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
3. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
4. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
5. Who does Maria visit in the night?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)