|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert Jordan describe what killing is to Spaniards?
2. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
3. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) an anarchist
(b) a communist
(c) an anti-fascist
(d) a Republican
4. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they make hearing difficult
(b) they are a bad omen
(c) they may release bombs
(d) they might spot them on the ground
5. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
(c) people have a right to govern themselves
(d) a socialist nation
6. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
(a) keep them at the camp
(b) through the woods, behind the gap
(c) toward the mountains
(d) three miles south
7. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
(a) the gypsy
(b) Robert Jordan
8. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
9. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
(d) Robert Jordan
10. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
11. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
12. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
(a) to build diplomatic relations
(b) to rally troops
(c) to blow up an enemy bridge
(d) to ambush the enemy
13. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he contracts influenza
(b) he is burried alive
(c) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(d) he is killed behind enemy lines
14. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
(c) the fascists
15. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(a) the fascist patrol
(b) the guerillas
(d) Pablo's band
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
2. Who has Sordo's gun?
3. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
4. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
5. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)