|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
2. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
(a) starting a family
(b) getting married
(c) returning to America
(d) the bridge
3. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
4. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
(a) the fascists
5. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
(a) she is bitter
(b) she is beautiful
(c) she is a fascist
(d) she is fiesty
6. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
(b) Robert Jordan
7. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) an enemy soldier
(b) a gypsy
(d) a fellow soldier
8. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he contracts influenza
(b) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(c) he is killed behind enemy lines
(d) he is burried alive
9. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
(a) they cannot be trusted
(b) they are traitors
(c) they are communists
(d) they are engaged
10. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(a) the fascist patrol
(b) the guerillas
(c) Pablo's band
11. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) the Republicans
(b) El Sordo
(c) the Fascists
(d) Robert Jordan
12. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar he saw on Kashkin's face?
13. Anselmo cannot write so Robert Jordan suggests that he do this instead to indicate enemy movement.
(a) use sign language
(b) learn to write
(c) draw symbols and tally marks
(d) pass on the responsibility to Pablo
14. Where is Sordo wounded?
(a) his leg and left arm
(b) his collarbone
(c) his leg and elbow
(d) his chest
15. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
(a) not to kill Pablo
(b) to wound Pablo
(c) to wound Pilar
(d) to kill Pablo
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
2. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
3. Who is Pilar jealous of?
4. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
5. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)