|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
2. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
(a) the decision shows good judgement
(b) Pilar should have killed Pablo
(c) Robert Jordan should have killed Pablo
(d) the decision was made in poor judgment
3. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
4. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) conduct ESP
(b) smell death
(c) cause storms
(d) read palms
5. How does Robert Jordan describe what killing is to Spaniards?
6. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
(a) drug Pablo
(b) blind Pablo
(c) kidnap Pablo
(d) cripple Pablo
7. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(b) the guerillas
(c) Pablo's band
(d) the fascist patrol
8. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
(a) they are engaged
(b) they are communists
(c) they cannot be trusted
(d) they are traitors
9. Where is Sordo wounded?
(a) his collarbone
(b) his chest
(c) his leg and left arm
(d) his leg and elbow
10. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(d) tank tops
11. Who has Sordo's gun?
(a) Lieutenant Berrendo
(d) a nameless fascist
12. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
(a) she is bitter
(b) she is a fascist
(c) she is fiesty
(d) she is beautiful
13. What does Pablo dress as when he arrives?
(a) a fascist
(b) a military officer
(c) a businessman
(d) a peasant
14. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
(b) Robert Jordan
15. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
2. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
3. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
4. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
5. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)