|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
(a) a bullfighter
(b) a lawyer
(c) a military officer
(d) a doctor
2. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
(b) El Sordo
3. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
(b) Sordo's rifle
(c) a pistol
4. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
5. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) El Sordo
(b) the Republicans
(c) Robert Jordan
(d) the Fascists
6. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
(a) La Granja
(c) back to the camp
7. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
(a) getting married
(b) the bridge
(c) returning to America
(d) starting a family
8. Who has Sordo's gun?
(c) a nameless fascist
(d) Lieutenant Berrendo
9. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
(c) Robert Jordan
10. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
11. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
(a) to rally troops
(b) to ambush the enemy
(c) to build diplomatic relations
(d) to blow up an enemy bridge
12. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
(a) The fascists have won
(b) Pablo plotting his death
(c) Maria being taken away from him
(d) Kashkin cursing him
13. Robert Jordan wakes to the sound of this in the morning.
(c) car engine
14. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
15. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
(a) he knows in his heart
(b) he can see the hilltop
(c) it is quiet
(d) one of Sordo's men reports to him
Short Answer Questions
1. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
2. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
3. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
4. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
5. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)