|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fernando remembers talks about the movement in La Ganja that allude to the Republic planning this.
(a) a frontal attack
(b) a defensive strategy
(c) a meeting
(d) an offensive
2. What does Pilar think Joaquin sees when he looks at her?
(a) her grief
(b) her eyes
(c) her ugliness
(d) her pride
3. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
4. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
5. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
(a) Maria being taken away from him
(b) Pablo plotting his death
(c) The fascists have won
(d) Kashkin cursing him
6. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
(b) Robert Jordan
7. Who is Pilar jealous of?
(b) Pilar and Pablo
(c) Robert Jordan and Anselmo
(d) Maria and Robert Jordan
8. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
9. What is the only thing Robert Jordan can think about after he and Maria walk through the heather?
(a) returning to America
(b) the bridge
(c) starting a family
(d) getting married
10. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
11. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) kill Pablo
(b) kill Pilar
(c) destroy the bridge in the night
(d) flee the country
12. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) bad things would come 3 days later
(b) they would face arrest
(c) judgment day was upon them
(d) they would be forgiven
13. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) a Republican
(b) an anarchist
(c) a communist
(d) an anti-fascist
14. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
(a) to blow up an enemy bridge
(b) to rally troops
(c) to build diplomatic relations
(d) to ambush the enemy
15. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he contracts influenza
(b) he is killed behind enemy lines
(c) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
(d) he is burried alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
2. Where is Sordo wounded?
3. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
4. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
5. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)