|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Jordan wakes to the sound of this in the morning.
(d) car engine
2. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
(a) he loves Pilar
(b) he won't kill Pablo
(c) he is afraid to die
(d) he loves her
3. What is the name of the restaurant where Robert Jordan met the peasant Spanish commanders when he first joined the movement?
4. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
(a) the cavarly retreats
(b) the soldiers reload
(c) the cavalry charge the hill
(d) the cavalry shoots and throws grenades
5. What is Karkov's occupation?
(a) a businessman
(b) a journalist
(c) a military commander
(d) a teacher
6. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
7. What does Robert Jordan say they will do about the attack on Sordo?
(a) find horses
(b) ambush the enemy
(c) invade the camp
8. What has happened to Maria that she feels Robert Jordan will not love her?
(a) she had been dishonest
(b) she has commited a crime
(c) she has been married
(d) she has been raped
9. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) Robert Jordan
(b) the General Staff
(d) the Republicans
10. What is the name of the man who is Pilar's first love as well as a matador?
(c) Robert Jordan
11. Who's papers does Robert Jordon examine?
(b) a government official
(c) the fascist cavalryman
(d) the Republican
12. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
13. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
14. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
(b) Robert Jordan
15. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose movements does Robert Jordan watch through a pair of field glasses as he studies the bridge?
2. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
3. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
4. Where is Sordo wounded?
5. What does Pablo dress as when he arrives?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)