|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
2. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
(a) Pilar should have killed Pablo
(b) the decision shows good judgement
(c) the decision was made in poor judgment
(d) Robert Jordan should have killed Pablo
3. What does Pablo dress as when he arrives?
(a) a military officer
(b) a businessman
(c) a peasant
(d) a fascist
4. The two weak links, according to Agustin, are which characters?
(a) Pablo and the gypsy
(b) The gypsy and Maria
(c) Pilar and the gypsy
(d) the gypsy and Anselmo
5. Does Robert Jordan think the planes have killed anyone?
(a) Yes, and he is frightened
(b) No, planes hardly kill anyone
(c) Yes, but not Sordo's men
(d) He doesn't know
6. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
(b) Robert Jordan
(c) the gypsy
7. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) conduct ESP
(b) smell death
(c) read palms
(d) cause storms
8. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar he saw on Kashkin's face?
9. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
(a) Sordo's rifle
(c) a pistol
10. How does Kashkin die, according to Robert Jordan?
(a) he is burried alive
(b) he contracts influenza
(c) he is killed behind enemy lines
(d) he is taken prisoner and commits suicide
11. Who first offers to kill Pablo?
(d) Robert Jordan
12. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
13. What mission is Robert Jordan on?
(a) to ambush the enemy
(b) to blow up an enemy bridge
(c) to rally troops
(d) to build diplomatic relations
14. Anselmo cannot write so Robert Jordan suggests that he do this instead to indicate enemy movement.
(a) pass on the responsibility to Pablo
(b) use sign language
(c) draw symbols and tally marks
(d) learn to write
15. What is the weather like when the group reaches the camp?
(a) a heat wave
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
2. What does Robert Jordan believe in regarding government?
3. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
4. Who has Sordo's gun?
5. What does Robert Jordan say they will do about the attack on Sordo?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)