|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
(a) they cannot be trusted
(b) they are communists
(c) they are engaged
(d) they are traitors
2. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
(a) the gunfire at Sordos
(b) approaching planes
(c) Pablo's horse returning
(d) Pilar crying
3. What occupation does Joaquin hold?
(a) a lawyer
(b) a bullfighter
(c) a military officer
(d) a doctor
4. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(a) tank tops
5. How does Robert Jordan describe what killing is to Spaniards?
6. Does Robert Jordan think the planes have killed anyone?
(a) He doesn't know
(b) No, planes hardly kill anyone
(c) Yes, but not Sordo's men
(d) Yes, and he is frightened
7. Who's papers does Robert Jordon examine?
(a) a government official
(c) the Republican
(d) the fascist cavalryman
8. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) a fellow soldier
(b) a gypsy
(c) an enemy soldier
9. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
(a) he loves her
(b) he loves Pilar
(c) he won't kill Pablo
(d) he is afraid to die
10. What is Karkov's occupation?
(a) a journalist
(b) a businessman
(c) a military commander
(d) a teacher
11. Fernando remembers talks about the movement in La Ganja that allude to the Republic planning this.
(a) a frontal attack
(b) a meeting
(c) a defensive strategy
(d) an offensive
12. Robert Jordan wakes to the sound of this in the morning.
(c) car engine
13. Who does Maria visit in the night?
(a) Robert Jordan
14. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) kill Pablo
(b) kill Pilar
(c) flee the country
(d) destroy the bridge in the night
15. Who punches Pablo in the face for calling him a negro?
(d) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
2. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
3. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
4. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
5. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)