|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
(a) back to the camp
(c) La Granja
2. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) judgment day was upon them
(b) they would face arrest
(c) they would be forgiven
(d) bad things would come 3 days later
3. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
4. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
(b) Robert Jordan
5. Who does Robert Jordan most want to see when he returns to Gaylords?
6. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
(a) He wants to participate in destroying the bridge
(b) He and his men are angry about the bridge
(c) His men are against the bridge
(d) He supports the bridge
7. What is the name of the man who is not completely dead on the hill?
8. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
(a) Pablo's horse returning
(b) Pilar crying
(c) approaching planes
(d) the gunfire at Sordos
9. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(a) an enemy soldier
(b) a gypsy
(c) a fellow soldier
10. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) Pablo's hardships
(b) life before the war
(c) the home she dreams to have
(d) how the barracks were attacked
11. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
12. Where do El Sordo and his men make their last stand?
(a) at the camp
(b) down in the valley
(c) in the woods
(d) on a hilltop
13. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
14. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
(a) a shotgun
(b) a maquina
(c) a semi-automatic
(d) a pistol
15. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
2. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
3. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
4. What does Robert Jordan wake in the morning to hear?
5. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)