|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pilar jealous of?
(a) Robert Jordan and Anselmo
(c) Pilar and Pablo
(d) Maria and Robert Jordan
2. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
(a) Kashkin cursing him
(b) Maria being taken away from him
(c) The fascists have won
(d) Pablo plotting his death
3. On the way to El Sordo, what detail of the movement does Pilar discuss?
(a) life before the war
(b) Pablo's hardships
(c) the home she dreams to have
(d) how the barracks were attacked
4. What is Anselmo doing as he walks back toward Pablo's camp?
5. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
(c) Robert Jordan
6. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
(a) a slight
(b) a coincidence
(c) an omen
(d) a mistake
7. Who does the Rolls Royce belong to?
(a) Robert Jordan
(c) the Republicans
(d) the General Staff
8. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) El Sordo
(b) Robert Jordan
(c) the Republicans
(d) the Fascists
9. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(a) the fascist footmen
(b) the cavalry
(c) high ranking officers
10. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
11. What does Pilar think Joaquin sees when he looks at her?
(a) her grief
(b) her ugliness
(c) her eyes
(d) her pride
12. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
13. What is the weather like when the group reaches the camp?
(c) a heat wave
14. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
(a) a pistol
(b) a maquina
(c) a semi-automatic
(d) a shotgun
15. On the way to El Sordo, what does Robert Jordan inquire about?
(a) Pablo's protection over his people
(b) Pilar and Pablo's wedding
(c) the begininng of the movement
(d) Pilar's knowledge of Maria
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's papers does Robert Jordon examine?
2. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
3. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
4. Who does Pilar send with food, wine, and the dead cavalryman's papers?
5. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)