|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anselmo doing as he walks back toward Pablo's camp?
2. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they are a bad omen
(b) they might spot them on the ground
(c) they may release bombs
(d) they make hearing difficult
3. What does Robert Jordan see on one of the saddles of the cavalry?
(c) Sordo's rifle
(d) a pistol
4. What is the weather like when the group reaches the camp?
(a) a heat wave
5. Where do El Sordo and his men make their last stand?
(a) down in the valley
(b) at the camp
(c) in the woods
(d) on a hilltop
6. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) El Sordo
(b) the Fascists
(c) Robert Jordan
(d) the Republicans
7. Whose movements does Robert Jordan watch through a pair of field glasses as he studies the bridge?
(a) a fascist
(d) the sentry
8. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
9. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
(c) the fascists
10. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
(a) the cavalry charge the hill
(b) the cavalry shoots and throws grenades
(c) the soldiers reload
(d) the cavarly retreats
11. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(a) the guerillas
(c) Pablo's band
(d) the fascist patrol
12. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
(a) the gunfire at Sordos
(b) approaching planes
(c) Pilar crying
(d) Pablo's horse returning
13. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
(a) Once when he was a boy
(b) He was born into the military
14. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
(c) El Sordo
15. What does Robert Jordan refuse to say to Maria as he senses danger approaching?
(a) he is sorry
(b) he loves her
(c) he does not agree with her
(d) he is angry
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Robert Jordan decide not to take as he walks down to watch Pablo with the horses?
2. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
3. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
4. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
5. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)