|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
(a) La Granja
(d) back to the camp
2. What does Robert Jordan think of Maria?
(a) she is beautiful
(b) she is bitter
(c) she is a fascist
(d) she is fiesty
3. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) cause storms
(b) smell death
(c) conduct ESP
(d) read palms
4. What does Robert Jordan refuse to say to Maria as he senses danger approaching?
(a) he loves her
(b) he does not agree with her
(c) he is sorry
(d) he is angry
5. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(a) the fascist patrol
(b) the guerillas
(c) Pablo's band
6. Has Anselmo ever been in battle?
(a) He was born into the military
(b) Once when he was a boy
7. Who is Pilar jealous of?
(a) Maria and Robert Jordan
(c) Pilar and Pablo
(d) Robert Jordan and Anselmo
8. If not death, what does the gypsy suggest the group do to Pablo to control him?
(a) drug Pablo
(b) kidnap Pablo
(c) blind Pablo
(d) cripple Pablo
9. When Robert Jordan forgets Anselmo's name he thinks of his forgetfulness as an example of what?
(a) a mistake
(b) a coincidence
(c) an omen
(d) a slight
10. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they are a bad omen
(b) they may release bombs
(c) they might spot them on the ground
(d) they make hearing difficult
11. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) kill Pilar
(b) destroy the bridge in the night
(c) kill Pablo
(d) flee the country
12. Who does Maria visit in the night?
(d) Robert Jordan
13. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
(a) he knows in his heart
(b) one of Sordo's men reports to him
(c) it is quiet
(d) he can see the hilltop
14. On the way to El Sordo, what does Robert Jordan inquire about?
(a) Pilar's knowledge of Maria
(b) the begininng of the movement
(c) Pablo's protection over his people
(d) Pilar and Pablo's wedding
15. What does Pilar think of Robert Jordan deciding to not kill Pablo?
(a) the decision was made in poor judgment
(b) Pilar should have killed Pablo
(c) the decision shows good judgement
(d) Robert Jordan should have killed Pablo
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
2. Does Robert Jordan think the planes have killed anyone?
3. What has happened to Maria that she feels Robert Jordan will not love her?
4. Who does the gypsy first talk to about killing Pablo?
5. What does Robert Jordan wake in the morning to hear?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)