|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is making a daytime plan of escape for Robert Jordan?
2. Who does Robert Jordan ask to catch the horse?
3. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
(a) El Sordo
4. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) an anarchist
(b) a Republican
(c) a communist
(d) an anti-fascist
5. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(a) high ranking officers
(c) the cavalry
(d) the fascist footmen
6. What is the name of the man who is not completely dead on the hill?
7. The two weak links, according to Agustin, are which characters?
(a) the gypsy and Anselmo
(b) The gypsy and Maria
(c) Pablo and the gypsy
(d) Pilar and the gypsy
8. What emotion does Pilar tell Fernando has ruined her husband's once courageous spirit?
9. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(b) tank tops
10. What kind of tree does Robert Jordan cut down to use the boughs to make a bed, the smell reminding him of Missoula?
11. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
12. How does Pablo feel about the bridge?
(a) He and his men are angry about the bridge
(b) His men are against the bridge
(c) He supports the bridge
(d) He wants to participate in destroying the bridge
13. Who does Robert Jordan and Anselmo talk with who brags about obtaining a tank?
(b) a fellow soldier
(c) an enemy soldier
(d) a gypsy
14. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
(b) Lieutenant Berrendo
(c) Robert Jordan
15. What is the sole enterprise that can win the war?
(a) the bridge
(b) the sawmill
(c) the cavalry
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar he saw on Kashkin's face?
2. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
3. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
4. Where does Anselmo suggest he go to try to get some information while someone else watches the road?
5. Who first offers to kill Pablo?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)