|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan refuse to say to Maria as he senses danger approaching?
(a) he loves her
(b) he does not agree with her
(c) he is angry
(d) he is sorry
2. When Pablo cries, what does he tell Pilar he is most afraid of?
(b) being held prisoner
3. What clothing does Pablo mock Robert Jordan about, thinking they wear it in the United States?
(b) tank tops
4. How does Robert Jordan describe what killing is to Spaniards?
5. What career does Robert Jordan want to return to after the war?
6. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
(a) the soldiers reload
(b) the cavalry charge the hill
(c) the cavarly retreats
(d) the cavalry shoots and throws grenades
7. Where should Andres bring the horses if he hears gunfire?
(a) toward the mountains
(b) keep them at the camp
(c) three miles south
(d) through the woods, behind the gap
8. How is Pablo behaving when they return to camp?
9. Where will Robert Jordan suggest his group go to run raids?
10. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
(a) a hero
(b) a king
(c) a coward
(d) a wimp
11. What does the gypsy want Robert Jordan to do?
(a) destroy the bridge in the night
(b) flee the country
(c) kill Pablo
(d) kill Pilar
12. What does Pablo dress as when he arrives?
(a) a fascist
(b) a military officer
(c) a peasant
(d) a businessman
13. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
(a) the cavalry
(b) the fascist footmen
(d) high ranking officers
14. What is the name of the woman who escaped from Valladolid during the train incident?
15. Who appears at the post to offer Anselmo a flask?
(c) Robert Jordan
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
2. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
3. How does Robert Jordan know the struggle at Sordo's is over?
4. What does Pilar tell Fernando about Robert Jordan and Maria?
5. Maria has read in the fascist newspapers that there are hundreds of thousands of Russians in this city.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)