|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) a Republican
(b) an anarchist
(c) an anti-fascist
(d) a communist
2. Who has killed Joaquin's parents, brother, and sister?
(a) the Fascists
(b) Robert Jordan
(c) El Sordo
(d) the Republicans
3. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) conduct ESP
(b) read palms
(c) smell death
(d) cause storms
4. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they make hearing difficult
(b) they might spot them on the ground
(c) they are a bad omen
(d) they may release bombs
5. Upon explaining her past to Robert Jordan, what does Maria fear the most?
(a) not having an education to speak of
(b) not being able to bear children for Robert Jordan
(c) not having friends in the United States
(d) not being able to be a decent wife
Short Answer Questions
1. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
2. What happens after the planes bomb the hill heavily?
3. Whose movements does Robert Jordan watch through a pair of field glasses as he studies the bridge?
4. Robert Jordan reminds PIlar that there will be no attack unless they hear this sound.
5. Maria's father yells out "Viva la Republica" before this event happens.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)