|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fascists do to Maria and her sister after their parents were killed?
(a) banish them from Madrid
(b) shave their heads
(c) lock them up in a cold room
(d) send them to live in the back country
2. Who visited the camp while Robert Jordan was with Anselmo?
(b) the fascists
3. What does Robert Jordan hear as he is thinking of Sordo and wondering what is happening to him and his men?
(a) Pablo's horse returning
(b) Pilar crying
(c) the gunfire at Sordos
(d) approaching planes
4. Why is Pilar afraid of the planes that fly overhead?
(a) they make hearing difficult
(b) they are a bad omen
(c) they might spot them on the ground
(d) they may release bombs
5. When asked, Robert Jordan tells Maria that politically he can be defined as this.
(a) an anti-fascist
(b) a Republican
(c) an anarchist
(d) a communist
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Jordan doing when Anselmo finds him?
2. After the initial 4 horsemen ride out of the woods, how many mounted horsemen does Primivito see coming?
3. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
4. Maria asks if Robert Jordan wants to talk about his work, but Robert Jordan wants to talk about this city instead.
5. Robert Jordan tells Agustin and Primivito not to shoot or throw a grenade unless they hear shooting from this object.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)