|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fernando remembers talks about the movement in La Ganja that allude to the Republic planning this.
(a) an offensive
(b) a meeting
(c) a frontal attack
(d) a defensive strategy
2. Which character first sees that fighting is happening toward El Sordo's camp?
3. Pablo does not believe in superstition, but he does believe in Pilar's ability to do this.
(a) smell death
(b) conduct ESP
(c) cause storms
(d) read palms
4. Karkov says hello to his wife who is in uniform before walking over to whom?
(a) a Republican
(b) the concierge
(c) his mistress
(d) a fascist soldier
5. What do the fascists do to Maria and her sister after their parents were killed?
(a) send them to live in the back country
(b) shave their heads
(c) banish them from Madrid
(d) lock them up in a cold room
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
2. What is the name of the man who is waiting faithfully at his post to be relieved?
3. What does Robert Jordan refuse to say to Maria as he senses danger approaching?
4. Pilar wakes to tell Robert Jordan that this man is missing.
5. What is the name of Pablo's wife?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)