|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Joaquin in the back of the head?
(a) Lieutenant Berrendo
(b) Robert Jordan
2. What does Maria's mother pledge before she is killed by the fascists?
(a) her allegiance to her country
(b) her allegiance to her daughters
(c) her allegiance to the Republic
(d) her allegiance to her husband
3. Why will Robert Jordan marry Maria in the United States?
(a) because it is cleaner
(b) because it is more cheerful
(c) because the Church still exists there
(d) because it is less dangerous than Spain
4. What does Robert Jordan tell Maria when she joins him sleeping?
(a) he won't kill Pablo
(b) he loves Pilar
(c) he is afraid to die
(d) he loves her
5. What patrol do the three planes that fly in V formation belong to?
(a) Pablo's band
(b) the fascist patrol
(c) the guerillas
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert Jordan and Primivito watch returning from Sordo's?
2. What does Agustin say he is willing to die for?
3. Which character hesitates when the group discusses killing Pablo?
4. One of Sordo's men begins to curse which character in Pablo's band for leaving them there?
5. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)