|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Jordan fear, causing him to wake in the middle of the night with the feeling running through him?
(a) Kashkin cursing him
(b) The fascists have won
(c) Pablo plotting his death
(d) Maria being taken away from him
2. What does the general tell Karkov they should receive this very night?
(a) Robert Jordan's arrival
(b) a visit from Pilar
(c) a report from Robert Jordan
(d) the gypsy's blessing
3. According to Pilar during the discussion of the mob storming the Ayuntamiento, what was the result of throwing the fascists from the cliff?
(a) judgment day was upon them
(b) bad things would come 3 days later
(c) they would face arrest
(d) they would be forgiven
4. After Pablo voices his concerns for blowing up the bridge, what does Anselmo accuse Pablo of acting like?
(a) a hero
(b) a king
(c) a coward
(d) a wimp
5. Who has Sordo's gun?
(b) Lieutenant Berrendo
(d) a nameless fascist
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Pilar say that Robert Jordan killed? He was a man who was wounded and requested to be shot.
2. What does Robert Jordan tell Pilar to do now that she knows Pablo is gone?
3. Who does Robert Jordan want to talk politics with?
4. At what hotel is Karkov staying at in Madrid?
5. Fernando remembers talks about the movement in La Ganja that allude to the Republic planning this.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)