Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Robert Jordan and his guide, Anselmo, are in the mountains of Spain during the Spanish Civil War.
• Jordan is on a mission to blow up an enemy bridge.
• Jordan and Anselmo meet Pablo who is an excellent guerrilla leader. Pablo is concerned for his people.
• Robert Jordan, Anselmo, and Pablo arrive at a camp. They discuss the death of Kashkin.
• They meet a woman named Maria who has escaped from Valladolid where she was a prisoner.
• They meet Pablo's wife who has gypsy blood and assists with the mission.
• There are eight good men coming from El Sordo.
• Robert Jordan and Anselmo go to check the bridge while Pablo's wife watches the explosives.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Robert Jordan studies and sketches the bridge and watches the sentry.
• Three planes fly in V formation; a fascist patrol operation.
• Anselmo confesses he has never been in battle...
This section contains 3,342 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)