|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 5, Raych recalls recovering from what kind of depression?
2. What planet located on the fringes of the Milky Way Galaxy becomes home to Hari Seldon's First Foundation under the guise of the scholars compiling the Encyclopedia Galactica?
3. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 22, Dors is surprised at how vehemently who wants to succeed Hari if he retires?
4. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 5, Raych recalls whose hostility towards Manella?
5. Who does Hari overhear claiming he foresees endless warfare as in the time of the Kingdom of Trantor and notes that this is no ordinary crisis in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threats does Dors make in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 15 and to whom?
2. What internal and external conflicts does Emperor Agis XIV face in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 21?
3. How does academic freedom play a thematic role in Part 4, Wanda Seldon?
4. How does Dors go about reaching the army headquarters in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 14?
5. What character is introduced in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 2? What is the setting of this chapter?
6. How does the theme of jealousy play into Part 3, Dors Venabili?
7. What happens in Hari's second trial in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 26?
8. Why does Tennar threaten to cut off funding for Hari's project in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 16?
9. What clue to Wanda's dream does Dors reveal in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 23?
10. What does Yugo Amaryl present in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 19? What are his objectives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the objectives and actions of Hari Seldon and the other main characters in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapters 11-13. How does conflict arise?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the history of events between Parts 2 and 3. How much time has passed and how has Hari's position in society changed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the political landscape of Part 1, Eto Demerzel. What is the central political conflict?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)