|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 22, who greets Hari and Wanda cordially in his plush office?
2. From whom does Hari learn about the cost and limitations of DNA testing in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 6?
3. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 6, Hari accepts mortality but would regret leaving what unfinished?
4. What is a graphical display device that forms a visual representation of an object in three physical dimensions, as opposed to the planar image of traditional screens?
5. What is the process of attaining awareness or understanding of the environment by organizing and interpreting sensory information?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Part 3, Dors Venabili begin? What is the focal subject of the first five chapters?
2. How does Dors go about reaching the army headquarters in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 14?
3. What character is introduced in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 2? What is the setting of this chapter?
4. What internal and external conflicts does Emperor Agis XIV face in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 21?
5. What details of Wanda's dream does Dors relate in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 7?
6. What threats does Dors make in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 15 and to whom?
7. What happens in Hari's second trial in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 26?
8. What has Hari done in order to ensure a coming crisis in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 20? Why?
9. How does the theme of jealousy play into Part 3, Dors Venabili?
10. How is Wanda Seldon introduced in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of anti-scientism and the character of Gennaro Mummery in the novel. How does Mummery relate to this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the narrative. How is this theme represented through symbolism and imagery? What characters embody the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Dr. Cinda Monay in the narrative. How does Dors relate to Monay?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)