|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose help does Dr. Tamwile Elar develop a device that squeezes material into the lines and curves of the future in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 6?
2. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 6, Hari accepts mortality but would regret leaving what unfinished?
3. Who is on his death bed in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 9?
4. What planet located on the fringes of the Milky Way Galaxy becomes home to Hari Seldon's First Foundation under the guise of the scholars compiling the Encyclopedia Galactica?
5. Who does Manella recall renouncing the throne in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the turning point in psychohistory that takes place in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 3?
2. How do Raych and Manella feel about Hari's plans for Wanda in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 5?
3. How does the theme of jealousy play into Part 3, Dors Venabili?
4. How is Wanda Seldon introduced in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 1?
5. What has Hari done in order to ensure a coming crisis in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 20? Why?
6. What happens in Hari's first court case in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 19?
7. How is Tamwile Elar introduced in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 6? Who hired him?
8. Why does Tennar threaten to cut off funding for Hari's project in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 16?
9. What is signified by Harry's second attack in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 25?
10. How does academic freedom play a thematic role in Part 4, Wanda Seldon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the plot structure of Part 2, Cleon I, identifying the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement. How does the structure of Part 2 relate to the structure of Part 1?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the narrative. How is this theme represented through symbolism and imagery? What characters embody the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the objectives and actions of Hari Seldon and the other main characters in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapters 11-13. How does conflict arise?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)