|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who swiftly disarms a would-be assassin and gets him to name his cohorts, by threat of torture in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 2?
2. Dors Venabili, in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 3, is angry that her husband has tangled with whose right-hand man?
3. Gleb Andorin is a nephew of what infamous figure?
4. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 8, Hari reveals that automatic damage control has failed in how many recent minor earthquakes?
5. Who is Hari's protector and beloved spouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the psychohistorians, as established in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1? How does Yugo Amaryl feel about this goal?
2. What is established about the protagonist in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1? Where is the protagonist working?
3. Why does Hari solicit Raych to go undercover in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 12? What in this chapter foreshadows conflict?
4. How if psychohistory viewed by the Empire's leaders and by Hari in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1?
5. Who establishes the central conflict in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1? What is the conflict?
6. What foreshadowing relates to the Imperial Gardens in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
7. What is stated regarding "the fall" in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4?
8. Why is Hari upset in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 15? What data does he intend to evaluate?
9. What references does Hari use to support his case regarding nature in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
10. What do Hari and Eto discuss in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the history between Parts 1 and 2. How much time has passed? What has taken place during this period?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the objectives and actions of Hari Seldon and the other main characters in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapters 11-13. How does conflict arise?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author Isaac Asimov and the Foundation Series. When did Asimov's family immigrate to the United States? What were his first and last novels to be published?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)