|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Hari states that while Joranum is dead, his followers could repeat the survival of the Globalists on Helicon of how many years ago?
3. Eto Demerzel claims to be working to thwart whom in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
4. Joranum refuses to believe that psychohistory in how many years of intense work has yielded no practical tools?
5. What is the name of Dahl's worst section, where Hari's adopted son goes to search for signs of rebellion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing relates to the Imperial Gardens in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
2. What device is introduced in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
3. What references does Hari use to support his case regarding nature in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
4. What conflict arises between Hari and Dors in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13?
5. What is established about the protagonist in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1? Where is the protagonist working?
6. Where is Raych in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 14? What is his perception of the setting?
7. What conversation and conflict takes place between Namarti and Gleb Andorin in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16?
8. Why is Hari upset in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 15? What data does he intend to evaluate?
9. How does Raych perform when he meets Gleb Andorin in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12?
10. What is discussed regarding civil war in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3? What does Hari believe to be the best approach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author Isaac Asimov and the Foundation Series. When did Asimov's family immigrate to the United States? What were his first and last novels to be published?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Jo-Jo Joranum and Namarti in the narrative. What is the political objective of each of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the character of Cleon I in the novel. How does Cleon compare with the other rulers of the Galaxy?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)