|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Wanda overhear in her grandfather's office that sounds like "lemonade" to her in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 26?
(b) "Layman Ade".
(c) "Emar Loanay".
(d) "Low man's aide".
2. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 9, Hari resents hearing that Elar has postponed Hari's meeting with whom?
(a) Col. Hender Linn.
(b) Gen. Dugal Tennar.
(c) Dr. Bor Alurin.
(d) Dr. Cinda Monay.
3. Stettin Palver is the grandson of whom?
(a) Gleb Andorin.
(b) Emperor Agis XIV.
(c) Raych Seldon.
(d) Jo-Jo Joramus.
4. In Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 7, the geneticist reports how many defective genes to Hari?
5. What is a graphical display device that forms a visual representation of an object in three physical dimensions, as opposed to the planar image of traditional screens?
(a) Planetary display mechanism.
(b) Dimensional projector.
(c) Hologram generator.
(d) Volumetric display device.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 27, Zenow has retired as Chief Librarian and been succeeded by whom?
2. From whom does Hari learn about the cost and limitations of DNA testing in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 6?
3. In Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 28, Manella and Bellis are bound for what planet?
4. In Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 5, Raych recalls recovering from what kind of depression?
5. Who cautions that most Outer Worlds have adequate armed forces of their own, requiring caution, in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue to Wanda's dream does Dors reveal in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 23?
2. When and where does Part 3, Dors Venabili begin? What is the focal subject of the first five chapters?
3. How does academic freedom play a thematic role in Part 4, Wanda Seldon?
4. How do Raych and Manella feel about Hari's plans for Wanda in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 5?
5. With whom is Hari discussing legal matters in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 18? Why?
6. What is signified by Harry's second attack in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 25?
7. What threats does Dors make in Part 3, Dors Venabili, Chapter 15 and to whom?
8. How does the theme of jealousy play into Part 3, Dors Venabili?
9. What conversation does Hari overhear in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 1?
10. What character is introduced in Part 4, Wanda Seldon, Chapter 2? What is the setting of this chapter?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)