|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 19, Cleon goes to whose office to ask about the anti-robot flier?
(a) Dr. Tamwile Elar's.
(b) Yugo Amaryl's.
(c) Hari Seldon's.
(d) Eto Demerzel's.
2. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(b) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
(c) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(d) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. What consists of 25 million inhabited worlds, all colonized so long ago that no one remembers a time when all humans inhabit a single tiny planet?
(a) The Stellar Empire.
(b) The Solar Empire.
(c) The Galactic Empire.
(d) The Astro Empire.
4. Kaspal Kaspalov is murdered where in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 8?
(a) Mycogen Sector.
(b) Anemoria Sector.
(c) Wye Sector.
(d) Dahl Sector.
5. Having studied what almost-universal phenomenon, Hari concludes that it is overheating the Galaxy in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Cleon I born in the novel?
2. Who prepares to infiltrate the multitude of new gardeners who will be brought in, subject to minimal security in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 13?
3. What is the name of the capital of the First Galactic Empire, which has the distinction of being entirely domed, except for the grounds of the Imperial Palace?
4. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 21, Namarti says that who will infiltrate the Palace as gardeners?
5. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 20, it is revealed that new gardeners are never hired from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is established about the protagonist in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1? Where is the protagonist working?
2. How does Raych perform when he meets Gleb Andorin in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12?
3. What foreshadowing relates to the Imperial Gardens in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
4. How does the theme of aging play a role in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, and in the novel as a whole?
5. What major figures in Hari's life does he recall in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1?
6. Why is Hari upset in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 15? What data does he intend to evaluate?
7. Why does Hari solicit Raych to go undercover in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 12? What in this chapter foreshadows conflict?
8. Where is Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 10? What is his objective?
9. What is discussed regarding civil war in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3? What does Hari believe to be the best approach?
10. What is stated regarding "the fall" in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)