|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key concept of psychohistory states that because any action can have unpredictable, chaotic effects, all actions must be as close to zero as possible?
2. What is the sector of the planet Trantor that for centuries provides servants to and rivals for power with the Entun Dynasty?
(a) Oryx Sector.
(b) Wye Sector.
(c) Mycogen. Sector.
(d) Dahl Sector.
3. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon is unaware of the requirement that gardeners be recruited from where?
(a) Outside Trantor.
4. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 17, Namarti tells Andorin that Raych is whose son, doubtless a spy, whom they will use?
5. Who is the last Galactic Emperor of the Entun dynasty?
(a) Emperor Stettin Palver.
(b) Emperor Gleb Andorin.
(c) Emperor Cleon I.
(d) Emperor Wanda Seldon.
6. Hari Seldon and Dors Venabili encountered Raych Seldon by accident in the wretched slums of what sector?
(a) Mycogen Sector.
(b) Nishaya Sector.
(c) Gumboot Sector.
(d) Billibotton Dahl Sector.
7. When was Cleon I born in the novel?
(a) 4,529 GE.
(b) 8,933 GE.
(c) 11,988 GE.
(d) 18,568 GE
8. Who is Hari's adopted son?
(a) Gleb Andorin.
(b) Wanda Seldon.
(c) Raych Seldon.
(d) Dors Venábili.
9. Who is Hari's protector and beloved spouse?
(a) Raych Seldon.
(b) Dors Venábili.
(c) Wanda Seldon.
10. The attractive prostitute who approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11, nervously not to recognize what name?
11. Having studied what almost-universal phenomenon, Hari concludes that it is overheating the Galaxy in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
12. Hari Seldon is a mathematician from what obscure outer world?
13. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(b) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(c) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(d) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
14. Who was Emperor Cleon I's father?
(a) Emperor Stanel VI.
(b) Emperor Agis XIV.
(c) Emperor Stanel II.
(d) Emperor Agis X.
15. Who is a native of the Dahl Sector of Trantor and a brilliant self-taught mathematician languishing as a heatsink worker when Hari Seldon encounters him in Prelude to Foundation?
(a) Yugo Amaryl.
(b) Hari Seldon.
(c) Eto Demerzel.
(d) Jo-Jo Joranum's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the Three Laws of Robotics?
2. Raych reveals that Eto is what in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 18?
3. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 1, Yugo warns Hari Seldon about the danger of whose preaching of social justice?
4. Jo-Jo Joranum was born in what sector of Trantor?
5. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 24, Hari and Cleon discuss whose denunciation of Joranum?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)