|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 10, Raych feels baby-faced and disgusted as he settles into the hotel in Wye in which who had lived?
(a) Kaspal Kaspalov.
(b) Eto Demerzel.
(c) Wanda Seldon.
(d) Emperor Cleon I.
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 8, Hari reveals that automatic damage control has failed in how many recent minor earthquakes?
3. What is a term used to identify a lower social class, usually the working class?
4. How old was Cleon 1 when he succeeded to the Imperial Throne?
5. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning how old?
6. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Dors questions Hari as to why what must be lost?
(a) The Truth.
(b) The Periphery.
(c) The Intuition.
(d) The Enlightenment.
7. Raych reveals that Eto is what in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 18?
(a) A republican.
(b) A human.
(c) A robot.
(d) A woman.
8. What economically depressed sector of the planet Trantor produces energy in heatsinks dug deep underground near the superheated planetary magma?
9. Whose policy consists of fostering and exploiting breakdowns in the infrastructure around Trantor to foment popular discontent in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
(a) Gennaro Mummery.
(b) Emperor Cleon I.
(c) Yugo Amaryl.
10. What does Eto Demerzel tell Hari to call him in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
11. The planet Trantor is a complex of how many semi-autonomous sectors at the center of the Galaxy?
12. What refers to the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons?
13. Who reports to Namarti his confidence that Raych will do anything required of him in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 13?
(a) Hari Seldon.
(b) Mandell Gruber.
(c) Yugo Amaryl.
(d) Gleb Andorin.
14. What province of the Milky Way Galaxy, having few stars and no political importance, is located some 10,000 parsecs from Trantor?
15. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(b) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(c) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
(d) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 20, it is revealed that new gardeners are never hired from where?
2. Who is Hari's adopted son?
3. The man who approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12 doubts that he is old enough to be what?
4. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 16, Raych sits in a cell listening to whose rote lecture about civil order?
5. Part 2 jumps forward to ten years into Hari's tenure in what office?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)