|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(b) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(c) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(d) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
2. Hari Seldon and Dors Venabili encountered Raych Seldon by accident in the wretched slums of what sector?
(a) Billibotton Dahl Sector.
(b) Mycogen Sector.
(c) Nishaya Sector.
(d) Gumboot Sector.
3. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Yugo Amaryl's.
(b) Raych Seldon's.
(c) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
(d) Mandell Gruber's.
4. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 14, uniformed members of the Joranum Guard take Raych into custody for what?
(a) Possessing a laser.
(c) Carrying knives.
(d) Thinking independantly.
5. Who prepares to infiltrate the multitude of new gardeners who will be brought in, subject to minimal security in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 13?
6. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon advises Hari that a few exemplary executions of saboteurs would be useful, Hari argues that this will only lead to what?
7. What is the first of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
(c) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(d) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
8. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
9. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin claims that the new man that he has enlisted is what?
(a) A robot.
(b) An experienced assassin.
(c) An idealist.
(d) A spy.
10. What province of the Milky Way Galaxy, having few stars and no political importance, is located some 10,000 parsecs from Trantor?
11. Who recognizes Yugo's story and agrees to pass along a coded message to Joranum in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 16?
(a) Dr. Cinda Monay.
(b) Gen. Dugal Tennar.
(c) Guardsman Sander Nee.
(d) Cpl. Quinber.
12. Who comes to Hari to attempt to beg his way out of his appointment in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 19?
(a) Gennaro Mummery.
(b) Mandell Gruber.
(c) Emperor Cleon I.
(d) Wanda Seldon.
13. Emperor Cleon I was born in the same year as who?
(a) Raych Seldon.
(b) Stettin Palver.
(c) Hari Seldon.
(d) Eto Demerzel.
14. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning how old?
15. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 20, it is revealed that new gardeners are never hired from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3, Hari is happy with the fact that how many years of advanced computers have advanced the project?
2. What is a fictional science in the Foundation universe which combines history, sociology, and mathematical statistics to make general predictions about the future behavior of very large groups of people?
3. In what year did Cleon I succeed to the Imperial Throne?
4. What is Manella's last name in the novel?
5. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 16, Raych sits in a cell listening to whose rote lecture about civil order?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)