|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
(b) Raych Seldon's.
(c) Mandell Gruber's.
(d) Yugo Amaryl's.
2. Who comes to Hari to attempt to beg his way out of his appointment in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 19?
(a) Emperor Cleon I.
(b) Gennaro Mummery.
(c) Mandell Gruber.
(d) Wanda Seldon.
3. Who is the protagonist of both Foundation prequels, Prelude to Foundation and Forward the Foundation?
(a) Eto Demerzel.
(b) Hari Seldon.
(c) Yugo Amaryl.
(d) Dors Venábili.
4. What is Manella's last name in the novel?
5. Dors Venabili, in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 3, is angry that her husband has tangled with whose right-hand man?
(a) Jo-Jo Joranum's.
(b) Mandell Gruber.
(c) Eto Demerzel.
(d) Dr. Bor Alurin.
6. Who was Emperor Cleon I's father?
(a) Emperor Agis X.
(b) Emperor Stanel II.
(c) Emperor Agis XIV.
(d) Emperor Stanel VI.
7. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 12, Dahl for the first time has elected how many Joranumites to its Council?
8. What compact device for the first time allows psychohistorians to glimpse darkness and light in their science, as though through frosted glass?
(a) The Electro-Clarifier.
(b) The Gray Cistern.
(c) The Prime Radiant.
(d) The Orbital Star.
9. What is a form of government in which a single entity rules with absolute power?
10. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 19, Cleon goes to whose office to ask about the anti-robot flier?
(a) Yugo Amaryl's.
(b) Hari Seldon's.
(c) Dr. Tamwile Elar's.
(d) Eto Demerzel's.
11. What is the time line of the Entun dynasty in the novel?
(a) 27,321 GE -27,339 GE.
(b) 17,420 GE - 17,494 GE.
(c) 11,988 GE - 12,038 GE.
(d) 9,543 GE - 9,608 GE.
12. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 17, Namarti tells Andorin that Raych is whose son, doubtless a spy, whom they will use?
13. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon advises Hari that a few exemplary executions of saboteurs would be useful, Hari argues that this will only lead to what?
14. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 22, who practices laughing on cue for Hari and Dors before performing on camera?
(a) Gleb Andorin.
(b) Eto Demerzel.
(c) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(d) Emperor Agis XIV.
15. Jo-Jo Joranum was born in what sector of Trantor?
(a) The Gumboot Sector.
(b) The Billibotton Dahl Sector.
(c) The Nishaya Sector.
(d) The Mycogen Sector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mandell Gruber does not want to be promoted to what position because it would force him to work indoors in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
2. Whose policy consists of fostering and exploiting breakdowns in the infrastructure around Trantor to foment popular discontent in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
3. What is the second of the Three Laws of Robotics?
4. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 7, Raych enjoys a rare dinner with whom?
5. Joranum refuses to believe that psychohistory in how many years of intense work has yielded no practical tools?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)