|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Hari to attempt to beg his way out of his appointment in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 19?
(a) Gennaro Mummery.
(b) Wanda Seldon.
(c) Emperor Cleon I.
(d) Mandell Gruber.
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 8, Hari reveals that automatic damage control has failed in how many recent minor earthquakes?
3. What is a term used to identify a lower social class, usually the working class?
4. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
5. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon informs Gruber of his elevation to what title?
(a) Computer Technician.
(b) Chief Gardener.
(d) Head Butler.
6. What is the name of the capital of the First Galactic Empire, which has the distinction of being entirely domed, except for the grounds of the Imperial Palace?
7. How old was Cleon 1 when he succeeded to the Imperial Throne?
8. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 22, who practices laughing on cue for Hari and Dors before performing on camera?
(a) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(b) Gleb Andorin.
(c) Emperor Agis XIV.
(d) Eto Demerzel.
9. When was Cleon I born in the novel?
(a) 8,933 GE.
(b) 4,529 GE.
(c) 18,568 GE
(d) 11,988 GE.
10. What is a form of government in which a single entity rules with absolute power?
11. Yugo favors using what to supplement insufficiently precise psychohistory?
12. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon is unaware of the requirement that gardeners be recruited from where?
(c) Outside Trantor.
13. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 7, Raych enjoys a rare dinner with whom?
(a) Yugo Amaryl.
(b) Mandell and Kaspal.
(c) Hari and Dors.
(d) Mandell Gruber.
14. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari comes upon a rowdy pro-Joranum demonstration led by whom?
(b) Dors Venábili.
(c) Hari Seldon.
(d) Emperor Cleon I.
15. Kaspal Kaspalov is ordered to destroy ventilation in what sector any way he wishes in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
(a) Mycogen Sector.
(b) Anemoria Sector.
(c) Wye Secor.
(d) Dahl Sector.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning how old?
2. What consists of 25 million inhabited worlds, all colonized so long ago that no one remembers a time when all humans inhabit a single tiny planet?
3. The planet Trantor is a complex of how many semi-autonomous sectors at the center of the Galaxy?
4. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon advises Hari that a few exemplary executions of saboteurs would be useful, Hari argues that this will only lead to what?
5. Eto Demerzel claims to be working to thwart whom in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)