|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joranum refuses to believe that psychohistory in how many years of intense work has yielded no practical tools?
2. What refers to the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons?
3. Kaspal Kaspalov is ordered to destroy ventilation in what sector any way he wishes in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
(a) Wye Secor.
(b) Anemoria Sector.
(c) Dahl Sector.
(d) Mycogen Sector.
4. What is a fictional science in the Foundation universe which combines history, sociology, and mathematical statistics to make general predictions about the future behavior of very large groups of people?
5. Mandell Gruber does not want to be promoted to what position because it would force him to work indoors in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
(a) Head of Security.
(b) Prime Minister.
(c) Head Driver.
(d) Chief Gardener.
6. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 21, Dors worries that Joranum could soon seize power, but who predicts that his movement will collapse?
(a) Emperor Cleon I.
(b) Eto Demerzel.
(c) Hari Seldon.
(d) Jo-Jo Joranum.
7. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin wants assurance that he will become what at the same time as Namarti becomes First Minister?
(a) Prime Minister.
(c) Chief Gardener.
(d) Second Minister.
8. What economically depressed sector of the planet Trantor produces energy in heatsinks dug deep underground near the superheated planetary magma?
9. Dors Venabili, in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 3, is angry that her husband has tangled with whose right-hand man?
(a) Eto Demerzel.
(b) Dr. Bor Alurin.
(c) Jo-Jo Joranum's.
(d) Mandell Gruber.
10. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 12, Dahl for the first time has elected how many Joranumites to its Council?
11. Part 2 jumps forward to ten years into Hari's tenure in what office?
(a) Second Minister.
(b) Fourth Minister.
(c) Sixth Minister.
(d) First Minister.
12. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 5, as soon as Hari arranges a meeting with Eto, who requests one first?
(a) Yugo Amaryl.
(b) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(c) Mandell Gruber.
(d) Gennaro Mummery.
13. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 21, Namarti says that who will infiltrate the Palace as gardeners?
(a) Dors and Andorin.
(b) Andorin and Hari.
(c) Dors and Gleb.
(d) Gleb and Hari.
14. Having studied what almost-universal phenomenon, Hari concludes that it is overheating the Galaxy in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
15. How old was Cleon 1 when he succeeded to the Imperial Throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Raych refer to himself in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12?
2. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning how old?
3. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 20, it is revealed that new gardeners are never hired from where?
4. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin claims that the new man that he has enlisted is what?
5. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon is unaware of the requirement that gardeners be recruited from where?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)