|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 7, Raych enjoys a rare dinner with whom?
(a) Mandell and Kaspal.
(b) Hari and Dors.
(c) Mandell Gruber.
(d) Yugo Amaryl.
2. Who is the last Galactic Emperor of the Entun dynasty?
(a) Emperor Gleb Andorin.
(b) Emperor Cleon I.
(c) Emperor Wanda Seldon.
(d) Emperor Stettin Palver.
3. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 19, Cleon goes to whose office to ask about the anti-robot flier?
(a) Eto Demerzel's.
(b) Dr. Tamwile Elar's.
(c) Yugo Amaryl's.
(d) Hari Seldon's.
4. When Raych is brought in during Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 17, he instantly recognizes who, but gives no sign?
5. Who recognizes Yugo's story and agrees to pass along a coded message to Joranum in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 16?
(a) Dr. Cinda Monay.
(b) Gen. Dugal Tennar.
(c) Guardsman Sander Nee.
(d) Cpl. Quinber.
6. Hari tells of whose bravery during the murder attempt in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 6?
(a) Dors Venábili.
(b) Mandell Gruber's.
(c) Emperor Agis XIV.
(d) Dr. Bor Alurin.
7. Whose policy consists of fostering and exploiting breakdowns in the infrastructure around Trantor to foment popular discontent in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
(a) Emperor Cleon I.
(b) Yugo Amaryl.
(c) Gennaro Mummery.
8. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 12, Dahl for the first time has elected how many Joranumites to its Council?
9. What is the second of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(b) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(c) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(d) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
10. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 21, Namarti says that who will infiltrate the Palace as gardeners?
(a) Dors and Andorin.
(b) Gleb and Hari.
(c) Andorin and Hari.
(d) Dors and Gleb.
11. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon advises Hari that a few exemplary executions of saboteurs would be useful, Hari argues that this will only lead to what?
12. What key concept of psychohistory states that because any action can have unpredictable, chaotic effects, all actions must be as close to zero as possible?
13. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 21, Dors worries that Joranum could soon seize power, but who predicts that his movement will collapse?
(a) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(b) Eto Demerzel.
(c) Hari Seldon.
(d) Emperor Cleon I.
14. Part 2 jumps forward to ten years into Hari's tenure in what office?
(a) First Minister.
(b) Second Minister.
(c) Fourth Minister.
(d) Sixth Minister.
15. What is a form of government in which a single entity rules with absolute power?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12 doubts that he is old enough to be what?
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin claims that the new man that he has enlisted is what?
3. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
4. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari comes upon a rowdy pro-Joranum demonstration led by whom?
5. Joranum refuses to believe that psychohistory in how many years of intense work has yielded no practical tools?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)