|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Zeroth Law of Robotics?
(a) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(b) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(c) A robot may not harm humanity at large, or allow it to come to harm.
(d) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin claims that the new man that he has enlisted is what?
(a) An idealist.
(b) A robot.
(c) A spy.
(d) An experienced assassin.
3. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 21, Dors worries that Joranum could soon seize power, but who predicts that his movement will collapse?
(a) Eto Demerzel.
(b) Emperor Cleon I.
(c) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(d) Hari Seldon.
4. Yugo favors using what to supplement insufficiently precise psychohistory?
5. What is the first of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
(c) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(d) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
6. What compact device for the first time allows psychohistorians to glimpse darkness and light in their science, as though through frosted glass?
(a) The Electro-Clarifier.
(b) The Orbital Star.
(c) The Gray Cistern.
(d) The Prime Radiant.
7. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning how old?
8. Having studied what almost-universal phenomenon, Hari concludes that it is overheating the Galaxy in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
9. When Raych is brought in during Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 17, he instantly recognizes who, but gives no sign?
10. Hari Seldon and Dors Venabili encountered Raych Seldon by accident in the wretched slums of what sector?
(a) Mycogen Sector.
(b) Billibotton Dahl Sector.
(c) Nishaya Sector.
(d) Gumboot Sector.
11. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Yugo Amaryl's.
(b) Raych Seldon's.
(c) Mandell Gruber's.
(d) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
12. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Hari rejects the idea that remnant Joranumites might plot to kill whom?
(a) Dors Venábili.
(b) Kaspal Kaspalov.
(c) Emperor Cleon I.
(d) Gleb Andorin.
13. The attractive prostitute who approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11, nervously not to recognize what name?
14. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 9, Cleon is unaware of the requirement that gardeners be recruited from where?
(b) Outside Trantor.
15. What refers to the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the capital of the First Galactic Empire, which has the distinction of being entirely domed, except for the grounds of the Imperial Palace?
2. In what year did Cleon I succeed to the Imperial Throne?
3. What key concept of psychohistory states that because any action can have unpredictable, chaotic effects, all actions must be as close to zero as possible?
4. What is the time line of the Entun dynasty in the novel?
5. Eto Demerzel claims to be working to thwart whom in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)