|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 10, Raych feels baby-faced and disgusted as he settles into the hotel in Wye in which who had lived?
(a) Eto Demerzel.
(b) Kaspal Kaspalov.
(c) Emperor Cleon I.
(d) Wanda Seldon.
2. By what name does Raych refer to himself in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12?
3. Who concludes that civil war can break out on Trantor or in the Outer Worlds, but not in both in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
(a) Hari Seldon.
(b) Emperor Cleon I.
(c) Mandell Gruber.
(d) Yugo Amaryl.
4. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
5. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Hari states that while Joranum is dead, his followers could repeat the survival of the Globalists on Helicon of how many years ago?
6. What is the Zeroth Law of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot may not harm humanity at large, or allow it to come to harm.
(c) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(d) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
7. At what age did Hari Seldon travel to the center of the Galactic Universe to deliver a theoretical paper on psychohistory?
8. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Yugo Amaryl's.
(b) Mandell Gruber's.
(c) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
(d) Raych Seldon's.
9. Raych reveals that Eto is what in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 18?
(a) A robot.
(b) A republican.
(c) A human.
(d) A woman.
10. Joranum refuses to believe that psychohistory in how many years of intense work has yielded no practical tools?
11. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 7, Raych enjoys a rare dinner with whom?
(a) Yugo Amaryl.
(b) Mandell and Kaspal.
(c) Mandell Gruber.
(d) Hari and Dors.
12. What consists of 25 million inhabited worlds, all colonized so long ago that no one remembers a time when all humans inhabit a single tiny planet?
(a) The Stellar Empire.
(b) The Solar Empire.
(c) The Galactic Empire.
(d) The Astro Empire.
13. Part 2 jumps forward to ten years into Hari's tenure in what office?
(a) First Minister.
(b) Fourth Minister.
(c) Sixth Minister.
(d) Second Minister.
14. How old was Cleon 1 when he succeeded to the Imperial Throne?
15. What does Eto Demerzel tell Hari to call him in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hari's adopted son?
2. When was Cleon I born in the novel?
3. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Dors questions Hari as to why what must be lost?
4. What is a term used to identify a lower social class, usually the working class?
5. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 14, uniformed members of the Joranum Guard take Raych into custody for what?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)