|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin claims that the new man that he has enlisted is what?
(a) A spy.
(b) A robot.
(c) An idealist.
(d) An experienced assassin.
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin wants assurance that he will become what at the same time as Namarti becomes First Minister?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Second Minister.
(d) Chief Gardener.
3. How old was Cleon 1 when he succeeded to the Imperial Throne?
4. Whose policy consists of fostering and exploiting breakdowns in the infrastructure around Trantor to foment popular discontent in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
(b) Emperor Cleon I.
(c) Gennaro Mummery.
(d) Yugo Amaryl.
5. In what year did Cleon I succeed to the Imperial Throne?
(a) 12,010 GE.
(b) 9,872 GE.
(c) 15,128 GE.
(d) 19, 982 GE.
6. What compact device for the first time allows psychohistorians to glimpse darkness and light in their science, as though through frosted glass?
(a) The Electro-Clarifier.
(b) The Prime Radiant.
(c) The Gray Cistern.
(d) The Orbital Star.
7. What is the second of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(b) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(c) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
(d) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
8. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Dors questions Hari as to why what must be lost?
(a) The Enlightenment.
(b) The Intuition.
(c) The Periphery.
(d) The Truth.
9. What is Manella's last name in the novel?
10. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Mandell Gruber's.
(b) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
(c) Raych Seldon's.
(d) Yugo Amaryl's.
11. What is the sector of the planet Trantor that for centuries provides servants to and rivals for power with the Entun Dynasty?
(a) Oryx Sector.
(b) Wye Sector.
(c) Mycogen. Sector.
(d) Dahl Sector.
12. Who was Emperor Cleon I's father?
(a) Emperor Stanel II.
(b) Emperor Agis X.
(c) Emperor Agis XIV.
(d) Emperor Stanel VI.
13. What refers to the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons?
14. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 21, Namarti says that who will infiltrate the Palace as gardeners?
(a) Andorin and Hari.
(b) Dors and Gleb.
(c) Gleb and Hari.
(d) Dors and Andorin.
15. What province of the Milky Way Galaxy, having few stars and no political importance, is located some 10,000 parsecs from Trantor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gleb Andorin is a nephew of what infamous figure?
2. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 21, Dors worries that Joranum could soon seize power, but who predicts that his movement will collapse?
3. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 12, Dahl for the first time has elected how many Joranumites to its Council?
4. The man who approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 12 doubts that he is old enough to be what?
5. Hari Seldon is a mathematician from what obscure outer world?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)