|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Hari Seldon travel to the center of the Galactic Universe to deliver a theoretical paper on psychohistory?
2. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3, Hari is happy with the fact that how many years of advanced computers have advanced the project?
3. Who reports to Namarti his confidence that Raych will do anything required of him in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 13?
(a) Mandell Gruber.
(b) Gleb Andorin.
(c) Yugo Amaryl.
(d) Hari Seldon.
4. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Yugo Amaryl's.
(b) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
(c) Mandell Gruber's.
(d) Raych Seldon's.
5. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 17, Namarti tells Andorin that Raych is whose son, doubtless a spy, whom they will use?
6. What is the Zeroth Law of Robotics?
(a) A robot may not harm humanity at large, or allow it to come to harm.
(b) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(c) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(d) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
7. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 8, Hari reveals that automatic damage control has failed in how many recent minor earthquakes?
8. Who was Emperor Cleon I's father?
(a) Emperor Stanel VI.
(b) Emperor Agis XIV.
(c) Emperor Stanel II.
(d) Emperor Agis X.
9. What does Eto Demerzel tell Hari to call him in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
10. Who is a native of the Dahl Sector of Trantor and a brilliant self-taught mathematician languishing as a heatsink worker when Hari Seldon encounters him in Prelude to Foundation?
(a) Eto Demerzel.
(b) Jo-Jo Joranum's.
(c) Yugo Amaryl.
(d) Hari Seldon.
11. In what year did Cleon I succeed to the Imperial Throne?
(a) 12,010 GE.
(b) 15,128 GE.
(c) 9,872 GE.
(d) 19, 982 GE.
12. Jo-Jo Joranum was born in what sector of Trantor?
(a) The Gumboot Sector.
(b) The Nishaya Sector.
(c) The Billibotton Dahl Sector.
(d) The Mycogen Sector.
13. Eto Demerzel claims to be working to thwart whom in Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 11?
(a) Hari Seldon.
(b) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(c) Dors Venábili.
(d) Gleb Andorin.
14. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 5, as soon as Hari arranges a meeting with Eto, who requests one first?
(a) Yugo Amaryl.
(b) Mandell Gruber.
(c) Jo-Jo Joranum.
(d) Gennaro Mummery.
15. What is the name of the capital of the First Galactic Empire, which has the distinction of being entirely domed, except for the grounds of the Imperial Palace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the Three Laws of Robotics?
2. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 24, Hari and Cleon discuss whose denunciation of Joranum?
3. Who is the last Galactic Emperor of the Entun dynasty?
4. What consists of 25 million inhabited worlds, all colonized so long ago that no one remembers a time when all humans inhabit a single tiny planet?
5. Having studied what almost-universal phenomenon, Hari concludes that it is overheating the Galaxy in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 3?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)