|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hari tells of whose bravery during the murder attempt in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 6?
(a) Mandell Gruber's.
(b) Dr. Bor Alurin.
(c) Emperor Agis XIV.
(d) Dors Venábili.
2. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
3. Raych is frustrated by every sector's jealousy and greed as he works in what office in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 7?
(a) The Ministry of Taxation.
(b) The Ministry of Population.
(c) The Ministry of Defense.
(d) The Ministry of Health.
4. What is the sector of the planet Trantor that for centuries provides servants to and rivals for power with the Entun Dynasty?
(a) Wye Sector.
(b) Mycogen. Sector.
(c) Oryx Sector.
(d) Dahl Sector.
5. Who is the last Galactic Emperor of the Entun dynasty?
(a) Emperor Wanda Seldon.
(b) Emperor Cleon I.
(c) Emperor Gleb Andorin.
(d) Emperor Stettin Palver.
6. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 13, Dors reacts with cold disapproval when Hari reveals that he expects whose famous charm to win over Joranum and save the Empire?
(a) Mandell Gruber's.
(b) Raych Seldon's.
(c) Kaspal Kaspalov's.
(d) Yugo Amaryl's.
7. Joranum refuses to believe that psychohistory in how many years of intense work has yielded no practical tools?
8. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 21, Namarti says that who will infiltrate the Palace as gardeners?
(a) Gleb and Hari.
(b) Dors and Gleb.
(c) Andorin and Hari.
(d) Dors and Andorin.
9. What economically depressed sector of the planet Trantor produces energy in heatsinks dug deep underground near the superheated planetary magma?
10. When Raych is brought in during Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 17, he instantly recognizes who, but gives no sign?
11. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 16, Andorin wants assurance that he will become what at the same time as Namarti becomes First Minister?
(b) Chief Gardener.
(c) Second Minister.
(d) Prime Minister.
12. What is Manella's last name in the novel?
13. What compact device for the first time allows psychohistorians to glimpse darkness and light in their science, as though through frosted glass?
(a) The Orbital Star.
(b) The Electro-Clarifier.
(c) The Prime Radiant.
(d) The Gray Cistern.
14. In Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 4, Hari rejects the idea that remnant Joranumites might plot to kill whom?
(a) Emperor Cleon I.
(b) Dors Venábili.
(c) Kaspal Kaspalov.
(d) Gleb Andorin.
15. What refers to the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the First Minister to Emperor Cleon I?
2. Whose policy consists of fostering and exploiting breakdowns in the infrastructure around Trantor to foment popular discontent in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
3. What Old Joranumite frequently questions and challenges Gambol Deen Namarti as they reconstitute the movement in Wye Sector?
4. Kaspal Kaspalov is ordered to destroy ventilation in what sector any way he wishes in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 5?
5. Mandell Gruber does not want to be promoted to what position because it would force him to work indoors in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)