|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Cleon I, Chapters 10-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time line of the Entun dynasty in the novel?
(a) 11,988 GE - 12,038 GE.
(b) 27,321 GE -27,339 GE.
(c) 9,543 GE - 9,608 GE.
(d) 17,420 GE - 17,494 GE.
2. Emperor Cleon I was born in the same year as who?
(a) Eto Demerzel.
(b) Raych Seldon.
(c) Stettin Palver.
(d) Hari Seldon.
3. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must protect its own existence, unless this conflicts with the First or Second Law.
(b) Laws which humans make are too difficult to obey.
(c) A robot may not injure a human or allow one to come to harm.
(d) A robot must obey human orders unless such orders would conflict with the First Law.
4. What key concept of psychohistory states that because any action can have unpredictable, chaotic effects, all actions must be as close to zero as possible?
5. Mandell Gruber does not want to be promoted to what position because it would force him to work indoors in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 1?
(a) Chief Gardener.
(b) Head of Security.
(c) Head Driver.
(d) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 14, uniformed members of the Joranum Guard take Raych into custody for what?
2. What attractive prostitute approaches Raych in Part 2, Cleon I, Chapter 11?
3. In Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning how old?
4. What compact device for the first time allows psychohistorians to glimpse darkness and light in their science, as though through frosted glass?
5. Yugo favors using what to supplement insufficiently precise psychohistory?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)