Part 1, Eto Demerzel, Chapters 1-9
• Although he dislikes Eto Demerzel, Yugo Amaryl warns Hari Seldon about the danger of Jo-Jo Joranum's preaching of social justice.
• Hari must keep abreast of politics.
• Doubting that they can perfect psychohistory in time to prevent the Empire's downfall, Hari and Yugo hope to minimize the effects.
• In Chapter 2, Hari obsesses about turning forty and lacking means of verifying any of their assumptions.
• Taking a normally-restful stroll, Hari comes upon a rowdy pro-Joranum demonstration led by Namarti.
• Hari uses force on Namarti's goons to disperse the illegal gathering.
• Being charged by Eto to protect Hari, Dors Venabili is angry that her husband has tangled with Joranum's right-hand man.
• Hari knows that because he can alter minds, Eto is untouchable, but Dors argues that Joranum must be handled by the same law of minimalism that binds Eto.
• As soon as Hari arranges a meeting...
This section contains 2,402 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)