|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political figure gives Lewis a sizable contribution towards his campaign fund in Chapter 8?
(a) President Jimmy Carter.
(b) President Ronald Regan.
(c) Vice President Mondale Lewis.
(d) House Majority Leader Jim Wright.
2. To what base is Lewis's father transferred in 1952?
(a) Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
(b) Norfolk Naval Base in Portsmouth, Virginia.
(c) The Marine Recruit Depot in San Diego.
(d) Port Everglades in Saluda, Virginia
3. Why was Lewis' predecessor relieved of duty?
(a) He was accused of war atrocities.
(b) He shot his staff sergeant.
(c) He stepped on a land mine.
(d) He accidentally shot his own radio operator.
4. In Chapter 1, how does Lewis blacken his eye?
(a) From the ricochet of a bb pellet.
(b) By falling out of a deer stand.
(c) By falling off his bike.
(d) From the recoil of a .45-caliber pistol.
5. Where is Lewis' unit deployed when he first arrives in Vietnam?
(a) Outside Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Near the Thanlyin river.
(c) Near the Cua Viet River.
(d) Just north of Seoul.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what responsibility does Lewis's father have at Camp Pendleton?
2. What college does Lewis attend?
3. Who is Captain Thanh?
4. How does Dr. Willet plan to improve Lewis's grip in his right hand?
5. Why does Lewis order a rifle inspection upon taking command of his platoon?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)