Part 1, Chapter 1
1. At what point in his life does the author begin telling his story?
(a) At six years of age.
(b) The fall of 1945.
(c) At eleven years of age.
(d) The summer of 1971.
2. What is the name of Lewis's father?
(a) Johnathan "Chesty" Pullman.
(b) Johnathan "Chesty" Puller.
(c) Lewis "Chesty" Pullman.
(d) Lewis "Chesty" Puller.
3. In Chapter 1, what rank had Lewis's father attained?
(a) Lieutenant General.
(b) Colonel Brigadier.
(c) Brigadier General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
4. In Chapter 1, from what conflict or war had Lewis's father just returned?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean conflict.
(d) The Afghanistan War.
5. In what branch of the armed forces does Lewis's father serve?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Air Force.
6. In 1951, what does Lewis's father give him for his birthday?
(a) A .45-caliber pistol.
(b) A .22-caliber single-shot rifle.
(c) A Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.
(d) A Tippmann A-5.
7. In Chapter 1, how does Lewis blacken his eye?
(a) From the ricochet of a bb pellet.
(b) By falling out of a deer stand.
(c) From the recoil of a .45-caliber pistol.
(d) By falling off his bike.
This section contains 5,325 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)