|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jenny working in Chapter 17?
2. What does Sam spend evenings teaching Forrest to do?
3. Where does Forrest plan on competing for a $10,000 prize in Chapter 21?
4. What does Forrest do to calm Sue while up in space?
5. What does the person that Forrest finds sheltering himself from the rain with a garbage bag tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Forrest and his fellow astronauts escape the pygmies.
2. Describe the character, Raquel Welch, who Forrest stars in a movie with in Chapter 22.
3. Describe where Forrest finds his mama in Chapter 24.
4. In Chapter 13, explain what the crush of acceleration from the space shuttle reminds Forrest of.
5. Describe Forrest's professional wrestling name and how Jenny feels about it.
6. Explain how Jenny feels about Forrest's wrestling career.
7. Recall what movie and film star Forrest gets to work with in Chapter 22.
8. Recall how Forrest, Sue, and Raquel Welch get out of jail in Chapter 23.
9. Recall how Forrest's wrestling career progresses in Chapter 19.
10. Explain what Sam, the guerrilla fighter in New Guinea, advises Forrest and Fritch to do to save their lives from the pygmies.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the concepts of courage and heroism, exploring how Forrest's innocence makes him so unselfish. What is courage? What does Forrest do during the Vietnam war that shows his courage? Are Forrest's acts of heroism really courageous or does he truly not understand he is risking his own life?
Essay Topic 2
After Forrest gives up professional wrestling he meets Mr. Tribble, a former chess grand master. Analyze the character of Mr. Tribble and his affect on Forrest's life. How did Forrest meet Mr. Tribble? What kind of person is Mr. Tribble? Does Mr. Tribble seem to genuinely like Forrest or is he using him for money?
Essay Topic 3
Forrest meets Lt. Dan while in the hospital and he becomes an important friend in his life. Analyze the character of Lt. Dan, and examine how he affects Forrest. Why does the reader believe his character is important to the overall story? What does his character add to the story?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)