|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lt. Dan feel guilty about in Chapter 21?
2. What do Forrest, Sue, and Fritch hear all night in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 15, what do the inhabitants of the island have Forrest, Fritch, and Sue doing for weeks?
4. What does Forrest see a sign for at his change-over in Nashville?
5. Where does Forrest go in Chapter 24 looking for his mama?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to make Forrest quit wrestling for good in Chapter 20.
2. Describe what happens during Forrest's chess match with "Honest Ivan" Petrokivitch.
3. Describe the character, Mr. Tribble, who Forrest meets in Chapter 21.
4. Recall what movie and film star Forrest gets to work with in Chapter 22.
5. Explain what Sam, the guerrilla fighter in New Guinea, advises Forrest and Fritch to do to save their lives from the pygmies.
6. Describe what happens during Forrest's wrestling match with The Turd.
7. Recall what Forrest begins to do in Chapter 18 to earn money.
8. In Chapter 13, explain what the crush of acceleration from the space shuttle reminds Forrest of.
9. Explain how Jenny feels about Forrest's wrestling career.
10. Describe what Sam begins to teach Forrest, and how important it is to the astronauts' lives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A lot of Forrest's experiences seem somewhat random. Explore the theme of randomness of Forrest's experiences in the novel. How are some of Forrest's experiences random? What is ironic about Forrest not living an ordinary life? Which experience seems the most random? Do things just happen to Forrest or does he strive for these different experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The setting in Forrest Gump is vital to the whole tone of the story. The setting almost becomes a character itself because of how much it shapes the story. Explore the use of setting in Forrest Gump. How did Winston Groom describe his setting? How is the setting almost considered a character in the story?
Essay Topic 3
When Forrest comes home from Vietnam, he is not treated as a big war hero from the American public; he is confronted with protesters. Examine the anti-war movement during the Vietnam war and analyze its affect on Forrest. Did people willingly sign up to fight in the Vietnam war? What are some examples of things that people did to protest the Vietnam War? How did this movement affect or change history? How does Forrest feel about the people protesting the war?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)