|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forrest learn he is going to be awarded in Chapter 7?
2. Shortly after arriving in his first city in Vietnam, who are Forrest and his crew mates sent to relieve in the jungle?
3. What is just starting when Forrest arrives at his first city in Vietnam?
4. How many touchdowns does Forrest score in the opening game at college?
5. What is Forrest's IQ too low for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give two examples from that text that demonstrate how Forrest is treated when he gets home from Vietnam.
2. List what Mr. Wilkins is hired to coach Forrest on while he is in Peking, China.
3. Recall what happens when Forrest is put in charge of the kitchen.
4. Recall how Forrest claims to have read about idiots in literature, and list those authors.
5. Recall what mama and Jenny write Forrest in their letters in Chapter 7.
6. Compare how Forrest feels about the Army to football and life in college.
7. Explain how Forrest does in his courses in Chapter 3.
8. Recall what happens during and after Forrest's first University of Alabama football game.
9. Explain what happens to Forrest's best friend Bubba in Chapter 6.
10. Explain what three factors prove crucial for Forrest going forward in his life after the army.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Forrest meets Lt. Dan while in the hospital and he becomes an important friend in his life. Analyze the character of Lt. Dan, and examine how he affects Forrest. Why does the reader believe his character is important to the overall story? What does his character add to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Forrest mental capacity makes him naive and somewhat innocent to many things in life. Examine Forrest's innocence and naivety, and determine how it often gets him into trouble in his life. How does Forrest's mental capacity make him innocent to many things in life? How does this innocence make him naive to things in life? Do other people take advantage of Forrest's naivety? Does Forrest realize that he is somewhat gullible and naive? How can people take advantage of him?
Essay Topic 3
Several of the prevailing themes in Forrest Gump are prejudices and tolerance. Explore the intertwining themes of prejudices and tolerance. What does being prejudice mean? What are some examples of prejudices in Forrest Gump? What is the definition of tolerance? What are some examples of tolerance from the novel?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)