|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Forrest been treated in his life?
2. Why is Forrest arrested while in Peking?
3. What kind of courses is Forrest signed up for at college?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Forrest need to do while at the award ceremony?
5. How is football practice for Forrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe where Forrest first stays at the University of Alabama.
2. Describe Forrest and Jenny's relationship in Chapter 4.
3. Explain what Mr. Wilkins makes Forrest do after he is arrested as a spy.
4. Describe what happens when Forrest and Jenny are reunited in Chapter 10.
5. Recall what happens during the Orange Bowl in Chapter 4.
6. Describe what happens on Forrest and Jenny's first date.
7. Briefly describe Forrest's experience with football.
8. Explain how Forrest does in his courses in Chapter 3.
9. Recall what happens during and after Forrest's first University of Alabama football game.
10. Describe what happens at St. Elizabeth's Hospital that gets Forrest recruited to NASA.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A lot of Forrest's experiences seem somewhat random. Explore the theme of randomness of Forrest's experiences in the novel. How are some of Forrest's experiences random? What is ironic about Forrest not living an ordinary life? Which experience seems the most random? Do things just happen to Forrest or does he strive for these different experiences?
Essay Topic 2
When Forrest comes home from Vietnam, he is not treated as a big war hero from the American public; he is confronted with protesters. Examine the anti-war movement during the Vietnam war and analyze its affect on Forrest. Did people willingly sign up to fight in the Vietnam war? What are some examples of things that people did to protest the Vietnam War? How did this movement affect or change history? How does Forrest feel about the people protesting the war?
Essay Topic 3
Forrest achieves more than most "smart men" do in their lives. Examine the theme of "the American dream" or "every man's dream." What is "the American dream" or "every man's dream"? How has Forrest achieved "the American dream"? Has Forrest helped others to achieve their dreams? What is the one thing that Forrest will probably always regret?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)