|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the band Forrest joins in Chapter 11?
2. How has Forrest been treated in his life?
3. What does the doctor in Chapter 4 present Forrest as to his medical students?
4. What is Forrest summarizing when he sets fire to a set in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Wilkins coach Forrest about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the Mose, the drummer from The Cracked Eggs, introduces to Forrest in Chapter 11 and how it affects Forrest.
2. Describe what happens at St. Elizabeth's Hospital that gets Forrest recruited to NASA.
3. Recall what happens when Forrest is put in charge of the kitchen.
4. Summarize how Forrest was raised and his early schooling.
5. Recall how Forrest meets his friend Bubba.
6. Explain what Mr. Wilkins makes Forrest do after he is arrested as a spy.
7. Recall what mama and Jenny write Forrest in their letters in Chapter 7.
8. Describe what happens when Forrest and Jenny are reunited in Chapter 10.
9. Describe where Forrest first stays at the University of Alabama.
10. Describe how Forrest Gump introduces himself in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting in Forrest Gump is vital to the whole tone of the story. The setting almost becomes a character itself because of how much it shapes the story. Explore the use of setting in Forrest Gump. How did Winston Groom describe his setting? How is the setting almost considered a character in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Forrest is treated because of his slower intellect and analyze how different characters treat him. How is Forrest different from other people? Does Forrest realize that he is different? Does he realize when others are treating him differently? What are some examples from the text of Forrest being treated differently because of his mental capabilities? Are there any characters that are prejudice or look down on Forrest for his slower intellect?
Essay Topic 3
Bubba is a very important character in Forrest Gump. Analyze the character of Bubba, comparing him to Forrest and exploring their friendship. How does Forrest meet Bubba? Why does Forrest seem to be drawn to Bubba? How does Bubba treat Forrest? What does Bubba introduce Forrest to?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)