|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the special school that Forrest attends considered?
2. Which team wins at the Orange Bowl in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Forrest Gump introduce himself as?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A genius.
(c) A fighter.
(d) An idiot.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Forrest read about in his letter from Jenny?
(a) She condems the immoral war and invites him to visit her.
(b) She tells him how glad she is that he is safe and tells him to come home soon.
(c) She encourages him but tells him to please not contact her.
(d) She tells him to be careful and invites him to visit her.
5. Where is Forrest's barracks located?
(a) Ft. Greely, AK.
(b) Ft. Benning, GA.
(c) Ft. Hood, TX.
(d) Ft. Lee, VA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Forrest after he causes an explosion in Chapter 5?
2. What happens after Forrest gets his growth spurt?
3. What is Forrest summarizing when he sets fire to a set in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Forrest's mama crying when he gets home from college?
5. What does Mr. Wilkins make Forrest do that makes him feel like a fool?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall what happens when Forrest is put in charge of the kitchen.
2. Recall what happens between Chairman Mao and Forrest in Chapter 9.
3. Recall how Forrest meets his friend Bubba.
4. Explain why Forrest's mama is crying when he returns home from school.
5. Describe what happens when Forrest meets President Lyndon B. Johnson in Chapter 8.
6. Recall what happens during the Orange Bowl in Chapter 4.
7. Describe what happens when Forrest audits Dr. Quackenbush's new course, "Role of the Idiot in World Literature."
8. Describe what happens when Forrest and Jenny are reunited in Chapter 10.
9. Describe what Lt. Dan writes Forrest in his goodbye note, and how Forrest feels about it.
10. Recall what happens when Forrest finds Jenny protesting the war in Washington.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)