|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Forrest's barracks located?
(a) Ft. Benning, GA.
(b) Ft. Greely, AK.
(c) Ft. Hood, TX.
(d) Ft. Lee, VA.
2. In Chapter 7, who does Forrest hurry to tell about his award, but finds him gone?
(a) Lt. Dan.
(d) Mr. Chi.
3. Where does Forrest find himself in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Forrest call the dorm rooms that he briefly stays in?
(a) Ape Dorm.
(b) Lion Dorm.
(c) Pig Dorm.
(d) Fish Dorm.
5. What does Forrest do for Bubba as he lies dying?
(a) He plays harmonica for him.
(b) He holds him.
(c) He shoots all the enemies.
(d) He talks about shrimp boating.
6. Who is in the cot next to Forrest in the hospital in Vietnam?
(c) Lt. Dan.
7. What is just starting when Forrest arrives at his first city in Vietnam?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A forest fire.
(c) Hand to hand combat.
(d) The shelling of the Tet Offensive.
8. Who does Forrest meet in the jungle of Vietnam while carrying all of the company's heavy equipment?
9. What happens to Forrest at the beginning of Chapter 5 concerning college?
(a) He graduates.
(b) He is put on academic probation.
(c) He flunks out.
(d) He is made valedictorian.
10. What kind of courses is Forrest signed up for at college?
(a) Baseball player-friendly courses.
(b) Football player-friendly courses.
(c) Hockey player-friendly courses.
(d) Basketball player-friendly courses.
11. What is the name of the university that Forrest attends?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) University of Lousiana.
(c) University of Flordia.
(d) Universtiy of Kentucky.
12. What does Forrest realize from literature?
(a) That only smart people do well in life.
(b) That nice guys can get ahead.
(c) That nice guys finish last.
(d) That idiots are smarter than people think.
13. After pulling out his harmonica while listening to Jenny play, what is Forrest asked to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Perform a solo.
(c) Join in.
(d) Get out.
14. Where is Forrest sent for the remaining two years of his Army duties?
(a) Ft. Lee, VA.
(b) Ft. Hood, TX.
(c) Fort Dix, NJ.
(d) Ft. Benning, GA.
15. What does Mr. Wilkins coach Forrest about?
(a) Speaking, walking, and eating.
(b) Dancing and singing.
(c) Ping-pong and chess.
(d) Bowing, adjusting himself in public, and table manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forrest's high school football coach notice about him?
2. How does Forrest describe the food in the Army?
3. What is the name of Forrest's Sergeant in Chapter 6?
4. What does Forrest refrain from saying when he is told that he is going to get an award for his heroism?
5. Where does Forrest go after leaving Peking?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)