|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Forrest play for the medical students in Chapter 4?
(a) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
(b) The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
(c) Puff, the Magic Dragon.
(d) Pop Goes the Weasel.
2. What does Forrest's band buy in Chapter 11?
(a) A bus.
(b) New guitars.
(c) Matching band T-shirts.
(d) A big house.
3. What does Mr. Wilkins coach Forrest about?
(a) Speaking, walking, and eating.
(b) Ping-pong and chess.
(c) Dancing and singing.
(d) Bowing, adjusting himself in public, and table manners.
4. What is just starting when Forrest arrives at his first city in Vietnam?
(a) A forest fire.
(b) The shelling of the Tet Offensive.
(c) Hand to hand combat.
(d) A thunderstorm.
5. What is the name of Forrest's psychiatrist in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Walton.
(b) Dr. Quackenbush.
(c) Dr. Fritch.
(d) Dr. Kranz.
6. In Chapter 2, what does Forrest need to do while at the award ceremony?
(a) Go to the bathroom.
(b) Throw up.
7. Who does Forrest rescue from drowning while in Peking?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) Mr. Chi.
(d) A little boy.
8. Who explains to Forrest how to breed shrimp in a swamp?
(c) Mr. Chi.
(d) Lt. Dan.
9. What is the name of Forrest's high school football coach?
(a) Coach Dan.
(b) Coach Fellers.
(c) Coach Bryant.
(d) Coach Bubba.
10. In Chapter 7, what does Forrest read about in his letter from his mama?
(a) The house burned down.
(b) She lost the house because she was unable to pay the mortgage.
(c) A tornado destroyed the house.
(d) A flood destroyed the house.
11. What does the doctor in Chapter 4 present Forrest as to his medical students?
(a) A brain problem.
(b) A medical prodigy.
(c) An idiot savant.
(d) An example of good upbringing.
12. Who does Forrest's Sergeant assign to accompany him on a dangerous mission?
(a) Bones and Bubba.
(b) Curtis and Bones.
(c) Bubba and Doyle.
(d) Doyle and Bones.
13. What is the name of the band Forrest joins in Chapter 11?
(a) The Cracked Eggs.
(b) The Scrambeld Eggs.
(c) The Rotten Eggs.
(d) The Deviled Eggs.
14. In Chapter 3, what does Forrest call the dorm rooms that he briefly stays in?
(a) Ape Dorm.
(b) Fish Dorm.
(c) Pig Dorm.
(d) Lion Dorm.
15. Who is assigned to accompany Forrest to Washington, DC?
(a) Lt. Col. Doyle.
(b) Lt. Col. Kranz.
(c) Lt. Col. Dan.
(d) Lt. Col. Gooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after arriving in his first city in Vietnam, who are Forrest and his crew mates sent to relieve in the jungle?
2. Why is Forrest arrested while in Peking?
3. How does Forrest describe the other students that attend his special school?
4. Where does Forrest go after leaving Peking?
5. What is Forrest summarizing when he sets fire to a set in Chapter 11?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)