|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel cry when Jordan is taken away by the police?
2. How does Monique feel about having Jordan back in her life?
3. How does Gerald know Andy?
4. How does Gerald describe Monique when she is released from the hospital?
5. What makes Angel laugh after Jordan is taken away by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does B.J. Carson deal with bullies?
2. How does Rob die?
3. How is Gerald able to get the police in to arrest Jordan?
4. What does Monique realize at the end of the book?
5. Who rides with Angel to the hospital after the fire?
6. How does Gerald like to get to his basketball games, and why?
7. What causes Angel to allow Jordan to slap her?
8. How does Angel show the court what Jordan did to her?
9. How does Gerald save Angel during the fire?
10. What does Jordan do when he realizes the flames in the kitchen were getting big?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Angel learn from her dance class, and how do these lessons change her efforts to overcome her life situation?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does Gerald get Angel out of the burning apartment, and what is ironic about this integral piece of the plot?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)