|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel not tell Kiara what she needs help for?
2. Who got a social worker for Gerald and Angel?
3. What makes Angel's eyes go wide when she is feverish?
4. Why does Angel not want Jordan to go to jail again?
5. What does Jordan say gives him the right to see Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jordan do when he realizes the flames in the kitchen were getting big?
2. How does Gerald save Angel during the fire?
3. What does Monique realize at the end of the book?
4. What honor does Angel get from her dance class?
5. How does B.J. Carson deal with bullies?
6. What ruins Angel's happiness about her honor in the dance class?
7. What does B.J. do for the basketball team, and why?
8. How does Jordan deal with Monique after she is injured?
9. What makes Gerald proud during his basketball games?
10. What is Angel's dance piece about, and how do people react to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gerald get Angel out of the burning apartment, and what is ironic about this integral piece of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does Angel defend herself at Jordan's trial, and how does this change the future of her life?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)