|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gerald get to his sport games?
2. What does Gerald do to keep a record of Jordan when he is back from prison?
3. What does Monique mouth to Jordan during the trial?
4. What does Monique wear to Angel's recital?
5. What does Monique take when her pain pills run out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jordan deal with Monique after she is injured?
2. What does Gerald find when he enters his apartment when it is smoking?
3. What ruins Angel's happiness about her honor in the dance class?
4. What does Jordan scream as he runs out during the fire, and what does this mean?
5. What does Mr. Washington do for Gerald when Rob dies?
6. How is Gerald able to get the police in to arrest Jordan?
7. What kinds of duties does Gerald take on when Jordan no longer lives with him?
8. How does Angel show the court what Jordan did to her?
9. Who rides with Angel to the hospital after the fire?
10. How does B.J. Carson deal with bullies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)