|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rob's father take Gerald to talk?
2. How does Rob die?
3. How old is Gerald when Jordan is released from prison?
4. What does Jordan say gives him the right to see Angel?
5. Why does Gerald like to go to his sport games in a certain way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gerald cope with Rob's death?
2. How does B.J. Carson deal with bullies?
3. How does Monique get injured?
4. What causes Angel to allow Jordan to slap her?
5. How does the basketball team show their friendship to Gerald?
6. How is Andy similar to Gerald?
7. What kinds of duties does Gerald take on when Jordan no longer lives with him?
8. What is Angel's dance piece about, and how do people react to it?
9. What does Jordan do when he realizes the flames in the kitchen were getting big?
10. What makes Gerald proud during his basketball games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How does Angel defend herself at Jordan's trial, and how does this change the future of her life?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of abuse did Angel face in her life, and how did this keep her from excelling in his life?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)