|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gerald's sister not live with her mother most of her life?
2. What does Gerald's aunt threaten to get her lights turned back on?
3. What did Gerald get for his eighth birthday?
4. How does Gerald decide whether or not his mother is serious at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Gerald feel when he sees Angel on Jordan's lap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jordan stays home with Angel when she has the chicken pox?
2. What does Gerald do to improve the wheelchair ramp, and why?
3. What makes Aunt Queen so mad about the go cart accident?
4. What does Gerald's G.I. Joe signify to him?
5. Why does Aunt Queen ask about Angel's tights, and what does she say?
6. What does Gerald say his duty in life is after Aunt Queen dies?
7. How did Gerald's house burn down?
8. What is Aunt Queen thinking just before she dies?
9. What does Monique say when Gerald says she is afraid of Jordan?
10. What Christmas gift does Jordan give to Angel, and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gerald endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What does Angel learn from her dance class, and how do these lessons change her efforts to overcome her life situation?
Essay Topic 3
How does Mr. Washington go about helping Gerald and Angel, and why is he willing to risk so much to help them?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)