|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monique tell Gerald to never say?
2. How does Monique respond to Gerald's suggestion of getting away from Jordan?
3. What does Jordan threaten to do if Angel doesn't do what he says when she is sick?
4. What does Gerald hope for on his birthday?
5. What does Angel leave on the steps that angers Jordan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Monique say when Gerald says she is afraid of Jordan?
2. What does Angel tell Gerald after the lap incident?
3. What does Gerald tell Monique about their living situation, and what is her reply?
4. When does Gerald hide behind the couch, and why?
5. What makes Gerald think that Jordan is sexually abusing Angel?
6. What makes Gerald's mother mad at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Gerald get for his eighth birthday?
8. What makes Gerald upset at Aunt Queen's house at the beginning of the book?
9. What makes Aunt Queen so mad about the go cart accident?
10. What are some of the ways Gerald protects Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Angel defend herself at Jordan's trial, and how does this change the future of her life?
Essay Topic 3
What does the title of this theme symbolize, and what does it mean to Gerald and his family by the end of the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)