|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angel not tell Kiara what she needs help for?
(a) She doesn't want to hurt her friend.
(b) Some things have to stay secret.
(c) She is afraid of being judged.
(d) She feels sad about it.
2. What does Monique mouth to Jordan during the trial?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) It wasn't me.
(c) Forgive me.
(d) I love you.
3. What does Jordan do to keep others from hearing him in Angel's room?
(a) Turns the radio up.
(b) Sings loudly.
(c) Muffles Angel.
(d) Puts towels on the door.
4. What does Monique wear to Angel's recital?
(a) Her work uniform.
(b) A red sequinned dress.
(c) A tank top and jeans.
(d) Her pajamas.
5. What does Gerald do when Rob's father touches him on the shoulder?
(a) Breaks into tears.
(b) Sighs in relief.
(c) Flinches hard.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel tell Gerald Jordan had threatened while she was sick?
2. Where does Rob's father take Gerald to talk?
3. Who encourages Gerald to go out with his friends during his vacation?
4. What does Jordan say happened to him while he was in Jail?
5. How does Gerald describe Monique when she is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the basketball team show their friendship to Gerald?
2. What kinds of duties does Gerald take on when Jordan no longer lives with him?
3. What does Monique realize at the end of the book?
4. What does B.J. do for the basketball team, and why?
5. Who rides with Angel to the hospital after the fire?
6. What causes Angel to allow Jordan to slap her?
7. What honor does Angel get from her dance class?
8. How does Gerald save Angel during the fire?
9. How does Rob die?
10. What ruins Angel's happiness about her honor in the dance class?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)