|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerald want to do when he learns Aunt Queen has died?
(a) Run away.
(b) Find his father.
(c) See her body.
2. What does Gerald refuse to do at first on his birthday when his mother is there?
(b) Touch his mother.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Look anyone in the eye.
3. Why does Angel's grandmother not like her?
(a) She makes her work too hard.
(b) She cries too much.
(c) She reminds her of bad things.
(d) She displays her son's failure.
4. How long did it take Gerald's aunt to pay for his big birthday gift?
(b) A year.
5. Why does the author say Gerald is crying when he is rocked by his aunt?
(a) For all of the pain he has endured.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is scared.
(d) For all of the pain that is yet to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel not want to take her tights off?
2. What does Monique offer for Gerald's birthday?
3. How does Gerald decide whether or not his mother is serious at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the name of Gerald's sister?
5. What does Gerald do when his house catches on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gerald wearing dirty pants at the beginning of the book?
2. What makes Gerald think that Jordan is sexually abusing Angel?
3. What does Aunt Queen say to get her electricity turned back on?
4. What does Gerald tell Monique about their living situation, and what is her reply?
5. When does Gerald hide behind the couch, and why?
6. What is Aunt Queen thinking just before she dies?
7. What happens to Gerald's mother after the house burns down?
8. How was Gerald taught to not play with lighters?
9. What does Gerald want to do when Aunt Queen dies, and why doesn't he?
10. What fragile item does Gerald compare Angel to, and why?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)