|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Angel come down with?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
2. Why is Angel sent to the neighbor's house?
(a) To get some medication.
(b) To borrow some ice.
(c) To call an ambulance.
(d) To call Monique.
3. What is Jordan doing when Aunt Queen is taken to the hospital?
(a) Tending bar.
(d) Watching a game on TV.
4. Who does Gerald talk to first about Angel's fear of Jordan?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Gerald's aunt promise him on his birthday?
(a) He will not have to live with his mother.
(b) He will not get hurt.
(c) She will make up for the surprise.
(d) She will never die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gerald's sister not live with her mother most of her life?
2. What does Gerald find in the garage on his birthday?
3. How does Gerald feel about his surprise birthday present?
4. How does Jordan feel when he gets bored?
5. What does Gerald need batteries for on his eighth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerald get for his eighth birthday?
2. What does Gerald tell Monique about their living situation, and what is her reply?
3. What Christmas gift does Jordan give to Angel, and how does she respond?
4. What makes Gerald's mother mad at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Gerald want to do when Aunt Queen dies, and why doesn't he?
6. What happens when Jordan stays home with Angel when she has the chicken pox?
7. What does Gerald do to improve the wheelchair ramp, and why?
8. What kinds of things does Aunt Queen do to make Christmas special?
9. What fragile item does Gerald compare Angel to, and why?
10. What makes Aunt Queen so mad about the go cart accident?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)