|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monique respond to Gerald's suggestion of getting away from Jordan?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is hopeful.
(d) She is furious.
2. What does Jordan tell Angel to do when he stays home with her when she is sick?
(a) Touch her toes.
(b) Lift up her shirt.
(c) Change her clothes.
(d) Take a shower.
3. Why does Angel wear tights?
(a) To attract attention.
(b) To look nice.
(c) To stay warm.
(d) To hide bruises.
4. Why does Gerald's aunt allow Monique to visit?
(a) Gerlad has been asking about her.
(b) She thinks Monique has changed.
(c) She is commanded by law.
(d) Her health is failing.
5. Why does the author say Gerald is crying when he is rocked by his aunt?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is scared.
(c) For all of the pain that is yet to come.
(d) For all of the pain he has endured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerald's aunt threaten to get her lights turned back on?
2. Why does Monique say she won't leave Jordan?
3. How does Gerald feel when he sees Angel on Jordan's lap?
4. Why does Aunt Queen suggest Angel take her tights off?
5. Who starts the fire in Gerald's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gerald wearing dirty pants at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Monique most worried about when Aunt Queen dies?
3. What kinds of things does Aunt Queen do to make Christmas special?
4. Why do people doubt Aunt Queen's ability to care for Gerald?
5. What does Gerald's G.I. Joe signify to him?
6. What are some of the ways Gerald protects Angel?
7. Why did Gerald almost die when his house burned down?
8. What happens when Jordan stays home with Angel when she has the chicken pox?
9. What does Gerald do to improve the wheelchair ramp, and why?
10. What makes Gerald's mother mad at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)