|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Gerald play in school?
2. What does Gerald do daily while Jordan is in jail?
(a) All of these.
(b) Does the laundry.
(c) Pays the bills.
(d) Cooks the meals.
3. Why does Angel not want Jordan to go to jail again?
(a) He is kinder now.
(b) He makes money for them.
(c) He will come back angry.
(d) He makes Monique happy.
4. Why is the house dark when Gerald gets home one night?
(a) The electricity has been shut off.
(b) There are blankets over the windows.
(c) It is stormy outside.
(d) Jordan has turned off all the lights.
5. What makes Angel's eyes go wide when she is feverish?
(a) The name of her doctor.
(b) The talk of the hospital.
(c) The mention of Aunt Queen.
(d) The mention of Jordan's name.
6. What does Gerald do when Rob's father touches him on the shoulder?
(a) Sighs in relief.
(b) Breaks into tears.
(c) Flinches hard.
(d) Runs away.
7. What does Angel find at the end of her dance?
(c) A lake.
(d) Someone to help her.
8. Where does Rob usually sleep while his father is working?
(a) A hospital bed.
(b) The locker room.
(c) The car.
(d) A classroom.
9. What does Rob's father tell Gerald to do about Jordan?
(a) Tell Social Services.
(b) Confront him.
(c) Go to the police.
(d) Get his mother to report him.
10. Why does Angel cry when Jordan is taken away by the police?
(a) She feels guilty.
(b) They will lose the house without his money.
(c) He is her father.
(d) She thinks Tiger is dead.
11. What does Gerald tell Angel after Jordan is taken away by the police?
(a) They are alone together.
(b) Aunt Queen would be proud.
(c) They did the right thing.
(d) They can get through anything.
12. How does Gerald get where he goes after hearing about Jordan's threats?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) He hitch hikes.
(c) He walks.
(d) He takes the bus.
13. Why doesn't Jordan hear the police enter his house?
(a) They were very quiet.
(b) The radio was turned up.
(c) Gerald distracted him.
(d) He was singing too loudly.
14. How is Monique injured?
(a) She is hit by a car.
(b) A mugger beats her.
(c) She falls down the stairs.
(d) Jordan beats her.
15. What does Angel do a lot after Monique is injured?
(a) Goes for runs.
(b) Throws up.
(c) Screams in the night.
(d) Locks herself in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports Gerald and Angel in the trial?
2. What does Jordan ask Angel about during her visits?
3. Who does Gerald call for help when Jordan comes home?
4. What makes Jordan upset at home after getting out of prison?
5. Who is given custody of Gerald after the trial?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)