|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel notice is missing when she wakes up when Jordan stays home with her?
(a) The house is dark.
(b) The smoke detector is blaring.
(c) Her animal is missing.
(d) Strange music is playing.
2. What does Jordan tell Angel to do when he stays home with her when she is sick?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Touch her toes.
(c) Change her clothes.
(d) Lift up her shirt.
3. What is wrong with Gerald's great aunt?
(a) She slurs her speech.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She cannot walk.
(d) She is partially blind.
4. How does Gerald feel about his surprise birthday present?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is confused.
5. How does Jordan feel when he gets bored?
6. What does Angel tell Gerald after sitting on Jordan's lap?
(a) He makes her life easier.
(b) He should run away.
(c) He is the only happiness in her life.
(d) He will never be happy again.
7. Why is Angel sent to the neighbor's house?
(a) To call Monique.
(b) To get some medication.
(c) To borrow some ice.
(d) To call an ambulance.
8. How many cars crash into the contraption Gerald makes from an old wheelchair?
9. Why does Gerald's aunt give him his big present a day before his birthday?
(a) To cheer him up about having to see his mother.
(b) To see his smile before she has to share it.
(c) To make sure it is a big surprise.
(d) To give him a way to escape if he needs to.
10. Who recognizes Angel when Aunt Queen is taken to the hospital?
(a) A paramedic.
(b) The nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The receptionist.
11. What does Gerald's aunt refuse to do for him?
(a) Keep his mother away.
(b) Lie to his father.
(c) Change his schools.
(d) Send him to school.
12. What does Gerald need batteries for on his eighth birthday?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A remote control.
(c) A walkman.
(d) A portable tv.
13. Why does Angel wear tights?
(a) To stay warm.
(b) To attract attention.
(c) To hide bruises.
(d) To look nice.
14. What is the name of Gerald's sister?
15. What is Aunt Queen thinking of right before she faints?
(a) She has to protect Angel.
(b) She won't let Monique take Gerald.
(c) She is glad to see Gerald happy.
(d) She doesn't trust Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Gerald taught to not play with lighters?
2. What does Jordan get for Angel for Christmas?
3. Who does Jordan abuse?
4. What does Gerald find in the garage on his birthday?
5. How long did it take Gerald's aunt to pay for his big birthday gift?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)