|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerald hope for on his birthday?
(a) A set of books.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A bike.
2. What question makes Gerald's aunt yell at the beginning of the book?
(a) If Gerald is going to school.
(b) If Gerald has a father.
(c) If Gerald has a place to live.
(d) If Gerald has been abused.
3. What does Gerald want to do when he learns Aunt Queen has died?
(a) See her body.
(c) Run away.
(d) Find his father.
4. What does Gerald do for the first Christmas he has without Aunt Queen?
(a) He strings popcorn.
(b) He sells the homemade ornaments.
(c) He orgnaizes Secret Santa.
(d) He buys a Christmas tree.
5. What does Angel say she never had where she grew up?
6. Why does Angel not want to report Jordan's abuse?
(a) She wants to stay with Gerald.
(b) She doesn't think people would believe her.
(c) She wants to protect her mother.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
7. Who starts the fire in Gerald's house?
8. How does Monique respond to Gerald's suggestion of getting away from Jordan?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is furious.
(c) She is hopeful.
(d) She is annoyed.
9. How does Jordan feel when he gets bored?
10. What does Gerald do to help his aunt get in and out of the house?
(a) Builds a ramp.
(b) Puts traction paper on the ramp.
(c) Widens the door.
(d) Puts in a chair well.
11. Why does Angel wear tights?
(a) To hide bruises.
(b) To attract attention.
(c) To stay warm.
(d) To look nice.
12. How does Gerald feel when he is with his great aunt?
13. What does Jordan tell Angel to do when he stays home with her when she is sick?
(a) Change her clothes.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Lift up her shirt.
(d) Touch her toes.
14. Why is Angel sent to the neighbor's house?
(a) To call an ambulance.
(b) To borrow some ice.
(c) To get some medication.
(d) To call Monique.
15. What does Gerald's aunt promise him on his birthday?
(a) He will not have to live with his mother.
(b) He will not get hurt.
(c) She will never die.
(d) She will make up for the surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel name her animal from Jordan?
2. How many cars crash into the contraption Gerald makes from an old wheelchair?
3. What does Angel notice is missing when she wakes up when Jordan stays home with her?
4. What is the name of Gerald's sister?
5. What does Angel say she loved most about Aunt Queen?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)