|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monique respond to Gerald's suggestion of getting away from Jordan?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is furious.
(c) She is hopeful.
(d) She is confused.
2. Who brings happiness to Gerald's life after Aunt Queen's death?
3. What promise does Gerald make to his aunt after an accident?
(a) He will do well in school.
(b) He will never do dangerous things again.
(c) He will always be happy.
(d) He will never second guess her.
4. Where is Gerald when he hears that Aunt Queen died?
(a) The car.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) A police station.
5. When does Gerald like to hide behind the couch?
(a) When the phone rings.
(b) All of these.
(c) When Leroy leaves.
(d) When his mother goes to work.
6. Why does Gerald break Angel's bed?
(a) So she can get a new one.
(b) So Jordan will be busy fixing it.
(c) So it will be noisy if something happens.
(d) So she won't sleep alone.
7. How does Gerald feel when he is with his great aunt?
8. What does Gerald miss most about Christmas without Aunt Queen?
(a) The presents.
(b) The decorations.
(c) The weather.
(d) The smells.
9. What is wrong with Gerald's great aunt?
(a) She slurs her speech.
(b) She cannot walk.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is partially blind.
10. What does Angel notice is missing when she wakes up when Jordan stays home with her?
(a) The smoke detector is blaring.
(b) Her animal is missing.
(c) The house is dark.
(d) Strange music is playing.
11. How does Jordan feel when he gets bored?
12. What does Jordan threaten to do if Angel doesn't do what he says when she is sick?
(a) Tell her mother.
(b) Take her out of school.
(c) Kill her kitten.
(d) Hurt Gerald.
13. Why does Gerald's aunt allow Monique to visit?
(a) Her health is failing.
(b) She is commanded by law.
(c) Gerlad has been asking about her.
(d) She thinks Monique has changed.
14. What does Gerald want to do when he learns Aunt Queen has died?
(a) Run away.
(b) Find his father.
(c) See her body.
15. When does Gerald know to never bother his mother?
(a) When she is at work.
(b) When she is in the kitchen.
(c) When she is driving.
(d) When she is in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Queen thinking of right before she faints?
2. Why did Gerald's sister not live with her mother most of her life?
3. What does Gerald call his mother?
4. What does Angel say she loved most about Aunt Queen?
5. What does Gerald hope for on his birthday?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)