Chapters 1 through 5
• Gerald is three at the beginning of the book. His mother yells at him to sit in his seat or she will slap him. He sees she is serious and listens.
• He doesn't want to sit because he peed in his pants. His mother makes him stay in them to teach a lesson.
• Gerald hides behind the couch when Leroy leaves because he knows when that happens, his mother will start getting angry and hit him with a shoe and belt.
• Gerald knew at age three to never bother his mother when she was in her bed.
• Gerald loves being at his Aunt Queen's house, but gets upset whenever he has to leave it to go back to his mother.
• Gerald knows that his mother loves him because she bought him a G.I. Joe for no reason.
• Monique teaches Gerald to not play with matches...
This section contains 2,009 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)