|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 11 as "a farm boy said to be the fastest runner in the brigade" (54)?
(a) Peter Brown.
(b) Luke Greenlaw.
(d) Curzon Smith.
2. What date is denoted at the opening of Chapter 15?
(a) December 22, 1777.
(b) October 7, 1777.
(c) June 1, 1778.
(d) March 13, 1777.
3. What food does Eben take Curzon to eat at camp in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Firecakes and water.
(b) Potato soup and bread.
(c) Oranges and cherries.
(d) Chicken stew and biscuits.
4. Whose quote describing the Battles of Saratoga opens Chapter 6?
(a) Jehu Grant's.
(b) Major Henry Dearborn's.
(c) Private Ezra Tilden's.
(d) British Ensign Thomas Anbury's.
5. The author opens Chapter 9 with an excerpt of a journal from a soldier who enlisted in the Continental Army at the age of 13. What was his name?
(a) Daniel Granger.
(b) Jehu Grant.
(c) Ezra Tilden.
(d) Ebenezer Woodruff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is contained in the wooden box that Curzon takes from the dead redcoat in Chapter 4?
2. What do the Patriot soldiers do as the British prisoners are marched in, in Chapter 10?
3. What does Curzon insist the young rebel soldier do in the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What last name does Curzon give when he enlists in the armed services?
5. Who is the New Hampshire Major whose journal is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 10?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)