|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 11 as "a farm boy said to be the fastest runner in the brigade" (54)?
(a) Luke Greenlaw.
(b) Curzon Smith.
(d) Peter Brown.
2. How far is the camp at Valley Forge from Philadelphia?
(a) 6 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 18 miles.
(d) 67 miles.
3. What is Sergeant Woodruff's first name?
4. Whose journal is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 3, describing the Second Battle of Saratoga?
(a) Thomas Anbury's.
(b) Private Ezra Tilden's.
(c) Jehu Grant's.
(d) Major Henry Dearborn's.
5. What is Eben's full name?
(a) Ebenezer Williams.
(b) Ebenezer Woodruff.
(c) Ebenezer Waterman.
(d) Ebenezer Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the New Hampshire Major whose journal is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 10?
2. What items does Trumbull claim Curzon stole from him in Chapter 8?
3. In what regiment is Eben assigned?
4. What does Curzon describe eating for every meal before the next shipment of food arrives in Chapter 18?
5. Whose shoes "fell apart completely" (96) when he has left the tent in Chapter 19?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)