|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Eben take Curzon to eat at camp in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Chicken stew and biscuits.
(b) Oranges and cherries.
(c) Potato soup and bread.
(d) Firecakes and water.
2. What is the name of the "fusspot old tailor with watery eyes" (47) who appears in Chapter 10?
3. What are Curzon and his companions force to eat in Chapter 16?
(a) Coffee grounds.
(d) Dry rice.
4. Who has ordered several companies out of camp to harass the British in Chapter 7?
(a) General Hebert.
(b) General Gates.
(c) General Watts.
(d) Major Henry Dearborn.
5. What does Curzon describe eating for every meal before the next shipment of food arrives in Chapter 18?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Vegetable soup.
(c) Firecakes and water.
(d) Canned beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does Chapter 1 open?
2. Who is the New Hampshire Major whose journal is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 5?
3. What troops does Curzon say have the most black soldiers of all the states in the camp in Chapter 7?
4. Why is the washerwoman drummed from the camp in Chapter 15?
5. Who is the Rhode Island slave whose pension application is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 4?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)