|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troops does Curzon say have the most black soldiers of all the states in the camp in Chapter 7?
(a) The Connecticut troops.
(b) The Georgia troops.
(c) The New Jersey troops.
(d) The Maryland troops.
2. What is the name of Eben's aunt who says that people like Trumbull are trouble in Chapter 9?
(a) Aunt Jenny.
(b) Aunt Edna.
(c) Aunt Sarah.
(d) Aunt Patience.
3. What does Curzon insist the young rebel soldier do in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Drink water.
(d) Tell him his name.
4. What regular pay is granted to Curzon when he enlists in Chapter 9?
(a) 10 shillings a month.
(b) 20 shillings a month.
(c) 30 shillings a month.
(d) 25 shillings a month.
5. Whose journal is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 3, describing the Second Battle of Saratoga?
(a) Jehu Grant's.
(b) Major Henry Dearborn's.
(c) Thomas Anbury's.
(d) Private Ezra Tilden's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Curzon describe as the most fearful to him in the forest in Chapter 1?
2. What date opens Chapter 3?
3. Who has ordered several companies out of camp to harass the British in Chapter 7?
4. How many British prisoners have been taken by the Patriots at Curzon's camp in Chapter 10?
5. What color is the felt hat that Curzon purchases in Chapter 11?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)