|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With how many soldiers does Curzon share his tent after enlisting in Chapter 10?
2. Whose quote describing the Battles of Saratoga opens Chapter 6?
(a) Private Ezra Tilden's.
(b) Major Henry Dearborn's.
(c) British Ensign Thomas Anbury's.
(d) Jehu Grant's.
3. What does the British Army do at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The double reinforcements.
(b) They successully bomb the American fort.
(c) The press forward.
(d) They retreat.
4. How many British prisoners have been taken by the Patriots at Curzon's camp in Chapter 10?
5. What date opens Chapter 3?
(a) June 2, 1777.
(b) September 12, 1777.
(c) March 3, 1778.
(d) October 7, 1777.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Curzon describe as the most fearful to him in the forest in Chapter 1?
2. How many months have passed between the Prelude and Chapter 1?
3. What word from the novel refers to Germans who served but were not incorporated into the British Army?
4. What items does Trumbull claim Curzon stole from him in Chapter 8?
5. The author opens Chapter 9 with an excerpt of a journal from a soldier who enlisted in the Continental Army at the age of 13. What was his name?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)