|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With how many soldiers does Curzon share his tent after enlisting in Chapter 10?
2. What word from the novel refers to Germans who served but were not incorporated into the British Army?
3. What does the British Army do at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) They retreat.
(b) The double reinforcements.
(c) The press forward.
(d) They successully bomb the American fort.
4. What additional item does the cook at Eben's camp give Curzon when he asks for more food in Chapter 8?
(a) A baked potato.
(b) A bowl of rice.
(c) A bowl of pudding.
(d) A hunk of cheese.
5. What date opens Chapter 3?
(a) March 3, 1778.
(b) September 12, 1777.
(c) June 2, 1777.
(d) October 7, 1777.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the burly lad who claims to see Noah on the Hudson in Chapter 11?
2. Who are assigned digging a privy trench for the camp in Chapter 17?
3. Who is the Sergeant of the First Rhode Island Regiment that is quoted in the opening of Chapter 11?
4. Who is attributed to the quote that opens Chapter 2?
5. Whose journal is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 7?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)