|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date is denoted at the opening of Chapter 15?
(a) December 22, 1777.
(b) June 1, 1778.
(c) October 7, 1777.
(d) March 13, 1777.
2. What word from the novel refers to Germans who served but were not incorporated into the British Army?
3. What regular pay is granted to Curzon when he enlists in Chapter 9?
(a) 20 shillings a month.
(b) 25 shillings a month.
(c) 30 shillings a month.
(d) 10 shillings a month.
4. Whose quote describing the Battles of Saratoga opens Chapter 6?
(a) British Ensign Thomas Anbury's.
(b) Private Ezra Tilden's.
(c) Major Henry Dearborn's.
(d) Jehu Grant's.
5. Who are assigned digging a privy trench for the camp in Chapter 17?
(a) The Janack twins.
(b) John and Roger.
(c) Jack and Paul.
(d) Silvenus and Eben.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 11 as "a farm boy said to be the fastest runner in the brigade" (54)?
2. With how many soldiers does Curzon share his tent after enlisting in Chapter 10?
3. Who is the Rhode Island General whose report to George Washington is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 15?
4. Who is described in Chapter 11 as "a stoop-shouldered son of a fisherman who liked to draw" (54)?
5. Why is the washerwoman drummed from the camp in Chapter 15?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)