|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a taxi from Daphne's party with Vinnie in Chapter 9?
2. What does Chuck spill on Vinnie in Chapter 7?
3. What is Vinnie wearing at the zoo in Chapter 9?
4. What do Vinnie's acquaintances assume about her and Chuck?
5. How does Vinnie christen Barbie mentally?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vinnie try to change Chuck's appearance in Chapter 9?
2. What does Vinnie share with Chuck about Zimmern at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Explain whether or not you believe Mrs. Harris was ever a real person.
4. Describe the events in the kitchen that ultimately lead up to Chuck and Vinnie making love.
5. What does Chuck tell about his childhood in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Fred go to Holland Park in Chapter 8?
7. Describe the events that take place between Rosemary and Vinnie in the taxi at the end of Chapter 9.
8. Why can Vinnie no longer imagine sharing space with anyone?
9. Describe Vinnie's thoughts at the professional symposium she attends at the beginning of Chapter 11.
10. Describe the thoughts Fred has in bed at the end of Chapter 10 and the ultimate realization he makes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Fred at the beginning of the book, Fred after he breaks up with Rosemary, and Fred at the end of the book. Write this as three sets: Fred beginning versus Fred middle; Fred middle versus Fred end; Fred beginning versus Fred end. Which two have the most differences?
Essay Topic 2
Vinnie and Rosemary both indulge themselves in fantasy worlds that are not real. Describe the difference. Who can function more normally? Describe how they are both defense mechanisms.
Essay Topic 3
Fred has separated from his wife Roo and come to London where he meets Rosemary.
1. What do the two women see in Fred?
2. What are the major differences between Roo and Rosemary?
3. Which do you think is a better match for Fred and why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)